Moto X Style/Pure Edition SD card & SIM tray problem?

psteve2005

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I recently bought a Moto X Style and found the SIM tray didn't 'pop' out, only open slightly, so I had to prize it out with a thin piece of plastic. I also found my Samsung 32GB Evo Micro SDHC didn't work in it, however that card did work in my 2013 Moto G. As a result I returned the phone to Amazon UK on case I had a faulty unit and ordered another.

Having received a replacement I've found the same problems, so wanted to share this with others. Does anyone else find their SIM tray near impossible to remove, and has anyone else tried this SD card in their Moto X?

As an aside, I've just swapped from a Nexus 6P to a Moto X Style (as I missed the Moto features) and it's surprising how big the size difference is. Moto is so much smaller than the 6P and so much nicer to hold.

Posted via the Android Central App

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I can only really comment on the sim card tray as I don't use an SD card but it shouldn't really pop out, cause if it did you might drop it on the floor and loose it. I agree it's quite difficult to get it in and out, but once you manage to pull the tray out and put your sim in it, you probably won't be accessing that part of the phone too often.

As for the SD card, when you put it in the phone does it just not recognize it? have you tried formatting the card?

daisy

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
anyone know whether x pure and style share the same sim card tray? i got a pure its sim card tray has 2 sim card slots but the top one has been covered by plastic,wondered if that one can read sim card?;)

estooie

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
The SIM tray doesn't pop out all the way when using the SIM ejector tool. It only comes out enough for you to use your nail to slide it off.

As for the Samsung MicroSD card... I had the same issue when formatting it to be part of the internal storage. Regardless how many times I tried, I kept getting the error that the card was too slow even though it was a Class 10.

I replaced it with a Class 10 SanDisk, and it went through the process without any issues. So try changing your card like I did.