Moto X Style - Sim card stopped working after 15 minutes

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi. Yesterday I have purchased Moto X Style. My sim card was a micro and it must be converted to nano. I have gave my number and friend cut it with a special tool which has been created for this purpose. I have put it inside the sim card slot and it worked normally. But, after 15 minutes it has stopped working unexpectedly. It shows that "No Sim Card". I have tried to put card out and in again and again... But nothing helps :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It probably was cut incorrectly, or the card may have been damaged in the process. Get a new nano-SIM from your carrier.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it, unless perhaps some fragments of the card broke off and lodged in the SIM slot.

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Yes, exactly. It is local carrier. The main point is that sim card and it slot are stretched when I pin out it from the phone. I don't know why. When I have watched inside the phone with flashlight, I saw that some elements are curved. And it looks like it is defect. What I must do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Where did you purchase the phone from? The easiest thing to do would be to return it to the seller and ask for a refund or exchange. If you bought it used and the seller refuses to take it back, then you could try contacting Motorola for warranty repair.