U3 vs U1 card for Moto X Style 16 GB, Using it as Adoptable Storage.

dhruv990

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

So I'm planning on getting a Moto X Style White which is now only available in 16GB (32 GB has been out of stock for way too long) and So I;m thinking that I'll get an sd card to use as an Adoptable Storage Device.
I've heard a lot about both the Samsung pro+ (U3) and the Samsung Evo+ (U1), the only problem is in my country only the 64GB variant of the Pro+ is available, whereas the 128GB version of the Evo is availble as well.

So my question is whether the performance increase from using the Pro+ U3 above is significant enough to warrant the reduced storage availability? Or will the performance be just a minor increase and I should get the 128 Gig Evo instead?

Thanks for the help :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

So I'm planning on getting a Moto X Style White which is now only available in 16GB (32 GB has been out of stock for way too long) and So I;m thinking that I'll get an sd card to use as an Adoptable Storage Device.
I've heard a lot about both the Samsung pro+ (U3) and the Samsung Evo+ (U1), the only problem is in my country only the 64GB variant of the Pro+ is available, whereas the 128GB version of the Evo is availble as well.

So my question is whether the performance increase from using the Pro+ U3 above is significant enough to warrant the reduced storage availability? Or will the performance be just a minor increase and I should get the 128 Gig Evo instead?

Thanks for the help :)
In my opinion the performance increase is not going to be that noticeable. Get the 128 model if that's what you want, which seems to be the case. :)

Let us know how things go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar