Motorola "X" Phone

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I also disagree 100% with Sammy being a threat. But either way, if Google steps up their game... we win. If that causes Sammy or Apple to step up... we win. In fact the only way we don't win is if they all start to feel comfortable and stop trying to earn our business.
This is why I think Apple can't continue to hold onto their market. Android has internal competition that is constantly pushing the innovative button. This is probably as important as their competition with Apple. It's almost like the Apple vs Microsoft game is being replayed exactly like it did. But now instead of Microsoft, IBM, Dell and NEC you have Google, Amazon, Samsung, HTC and LG.

Edit: and now it appears we can add Facebook to the list too http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Mobilesyrup/~3/S19T0Fd7psM/

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Motorola needs to leak something soon... the HTC One is being released, the Samsung Galaxy S4 will be out by the end this or beginning early next month... Motorola is losing steam.

I for one am looking at the S4 and will buy it if I don't see this coming out soon.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Motorola needs to leak something soon... the HTC One is being released, the Samsung Galaxy S4 will be out by the end this or beginning early next month... Motorola is losing steam.

I for one am looking at the S4 and will buy it if I don't see this coming out soon.

All sighs point to the announcement coming at I/O next month, May 15th through May 17th.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
if this rumor is true, i just cant wait that long for my next upgrade.

Rumor: Google X Phone release date delayed to

That's a one month push-back and 100% rumor to boot. I think we should wait the 4.85 weeks to Google IO to see what they say before doing anything. This article is confusing at least two completely separate rumor threads together to justify their assumptions, made from interpreting "our sources", which weren't named and apparently didn't give them a complete story. 100% nonsense until it's true.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Definitely not waiting for this. If it comes out early the processor won't be the S800 and that would be the only reason I would get it. I doubt anything they do with it is going to be that innovative if it comes out in May, probably going to be a lot of disappointed people.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

RipTide

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I doubt they will release it in May, they will just announce it. Announcing and releasing are two completely different things, which is why I brought up the Bionic.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Oh ok. Yeah that was ridiculous. Announcing a phone in January that's not available until the end of the year. Guess we'll see how it goes but I think even if it's only announced in May it still won't be too innovative, unless it's going to be another Bionic situation.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Google Phone+, Google+

Facebook Home?

That seems possible, but I thought he might be referring to tighter integration with Android powered devices (e.g. a sleek smart watch, Google Glass, or some other devices). I can't see greater integration with Google+ being a major feature point for the mass market. While Google+ is growing in popularity, mass media really hasn't picked up on it as it has Twitter or Facebook.

I suppose it's really anyone's guess. As for the "X Phone" moniker, I'm betting on it being a simple prototype name and Moto probably hasn't set a singular brand yet. I just hope that whatever they decide to push out that they go for an all carrier release. As difficult as that might with carrier stubbornness for exclusives, it'll help get them back in the game.