Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 425 of 535
Like Tree163Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #401  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,188 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,195 Global Posts

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    I am going to laugh when there is absolutely nothing interesting about the fabled xphone. I guarantee it will be just a different variation of the upcoming droids that they will slap an x on.

    Sent from my SCH-I535
    Most overhyped phone in recent history.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  2. #402  
    return_0's Avatar

    Posts
    2,525 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    And without Nova launcher?
    No lag on my N4.

    Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  3. #403  

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    And without Nova launcher?
    Exactly the same. I run pretty bare and redid from scratch about 2 months ago. Check your configs if you have lag.
  4. #404  

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Curious -

    Do you get the same results without Nova?

    Are you saying the hardware on the Nexus 7 is old and irrelevant? It's the current Nexus 7" tablet.
    1) yes there is no lag on any launcher, Nova is just a good choice for this test because it has the same apps/widgets configuration as AOSP launcher

    2) I am not saying the Tegra 3 in the Nexus 7 is "irrelevant". But it is not in the same performance class as the Snapdragon S4 Pro in the Nexus 4/Optimus G, or the Snapdragon 600 in newer phones.

    It is disappointing that newer versions of Android have performance issues on my Nexus S. But the newest two generations of smartphone processors at least are showing incredible performance on jelly bean, whether nexus or not.

    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  5. #405  

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by djw39 View Post
    1) yes there is no lag on any launcher, Nova is just a good choice for this test because it has the same apps/widgets configuration as AOSP launcher

    2) I am not saying the Tegra 3 in the Nexus 7 is "irrelevant". But it is not in the same performance class as the Snapdragon S4 Pro in the Nexus 4/Optimus G, or the Snapdragon 600 in newer phones.

    It is disappointing that newer versions of Android have performance issues on my Nexus S. But the newest two generations of smartphone processors at least are showing incredible performance on jelly bean, whether nexus or not.

    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I have not been impressed with the Tegra 3 in my tf201 either, I will look for Qualcomm going forward. I guess Asus/Google have not been impressed either if N7.2 rumors prove correct.

    The Nexus S is 4 generations behind and does not have the hardware capabilities JB is leveraging to reduce lag namely ram and multiple processors. I worked on a GS on cm 10 at work the other day and it was noticeably slower than my GS2.

    Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  6. #406  
    ChuckG73's Avatar

    Posts
    1,145 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone



    The more I see, the more I Like this phone....go ahead and sign me up for white kevlar
  7. #407  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    The phone seems really nice but it comes down to software and battery life for me.

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #408  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,188 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,195 Global Posts

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckG73 View Post


    The more I see, the more I Like this phone....go ahead and sign me up for white kevlar
    Same here.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  9. #409  

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Same here.
    White kevlar sounds interesting. I would I have to see a picture though.

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #410  

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Exactly.

    The price that matters to consumers is the price that they pay.

    Most consumers pay the on-contract price. Full retail is nearly irrelevant.

    Posted via Android Central App
    The only reason that full retail price is nearly irrelevant is that carriers hide much of the actual cost of the phone in the monthly service price resulting in a serious lack of price transparency. We would be much better off as consumers if service plan costs were divorced from phone costs.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #411  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,188 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,195 Global Posts

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by hokiesteve View Post
    The only reason that full retail price is nearly irrelevant is that carriers hide much of the actual cost of the phone in the monthly service price resulting in a serious lack of price transparency. We would be much better off as consumers if service plan costs were divorced from phone costs.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app
    See T-Mobile.

    Posted via Android Central App
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  12. #412  

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    See T-Mobile.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Right, but T-Mobile is the only major carrier that has implemented that business model. Last I checked, Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint have not embraced that model.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app
  13. #413  
    juicebox666's Avatar

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    ROM
    Oxygen 2.0 Final

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by djw39 View Post
    It is disappointing that newer versions of Android have performance issues on my Nexus S. But the newest two generations of smartphone processors at least are showing incredible performance on jelly bean, whether nexus or not.

    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    The Nexus S has limited RAM, a single-core processor and a slower GPU. I loved my Nexus S, but it really started to chug near the end of its life. The Nexus 4 is an all-around great device delivered at an excellent price. Best bang for the buck in the Android landscape.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #414  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,188 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,195 Global Posts

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by hokiesteve View Post
    Right, but T-Mobile is the only major carrier that has implemented that business model. Last I checked, Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint have not embraced that model.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app
    See Cricket, Metro-PCS, etc.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  15. #415  

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by hokiesteve View Post
    Right, but T-Mobile is the only major carrier that has implemented that business model. Last I checked, Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint have not embraced that model.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app
    At&t and Verizon both have prepaid offerings.

    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
  16. #416  
    return_0's Avatar

    Posts
    2,525 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by dcunited08 View Post
    At&t and Verizon both have prepaid offerings.

    Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
    That's not the point.

    Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  17. #417  

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    See Cricket, Metro-PCS, etc.
    What's your point?
  18. #418  
    NoYankees44's Avatar

    Posts
    1,030 Posts
    ROM
    Viper

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    See T-Mobile.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Lol when tmobile has a network that is even comparable to verizons we can talk about them. Until then they don't deserve my money, even if they do many other things right.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
  19. #419  
    return_0's Avatar

    Posts
    2,525 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    Lol when tmobile has a network that is even comparable to verizons we can talk about them. Until then they don't deserve my money, even if they do many other things right.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T
    Their coverage is as good where I am and their speeds have been proven to be as fast if not faster nationwide.

    Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  20. #420  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    5,691 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,730 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by return_0 View Post
    Their coverage is as good where I am and their speeds have been proven to be as fast if not faster nationwide.

    Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    I agree, from self reporting it seems like if T-Mobile has strong HSPA+ in your area, it's awesome. If they have just HSPA it's terrible and the real problem is that they're not in most places (area wise) even though they do cover a large portion of the population. It makes traveling difficult.

    ​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

    Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

    return_0 likes this.
  21. #421  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    T-Mobile coverage needs improvement to say the least but there price point is hard to beat if your on a budget.

    Hopefully if their LTE Network coverage will be better than their HSPA+.
    Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
    Darth Spock likes this.
  22. #422  
    Clocks's Avatar

    Posts
    255 Posts
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

    Default

    I guess the WSJ had a story saying the moto X will be similarly priced with the competition, possibly $199 / $599. Saw it on droidlife.

    That would certainly rule me out for an off-contract purchase if true, especially of a midrange device.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
  23. #423  

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Clocks View Post
    I guess the WSJ had a story saying the moto X will be similarly priced with the competition, possibly $199 / $599. Saw it on droidlife.

    That would certainly rule me out for an off-contract purchase if true, especially of a midrange device.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    That would kill it for me. I was planning on getting one off contract.

    Although The Verge is reporting it will be in the $199 off contract range.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
  24. #424  

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by thatotherdude24 View Post

    Although The Verge is reporting it will be in the $199 off contract range.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Don't think that was "reporting" so much as "wild guess based on the price of the Nexus 4"


    Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  25. #425  

    Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

    Quote Originally Posted by djw39 View Post
    Don't think that was "reporting" so much as "wild guess based on the price of the Nexus 4"


    Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Nobody knows what the exact price will be but I have read a lot more of the $199/$599 numbers now


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 12:45 PM
  2. Is the Motorola Droid a good phone?
    By Chrisy in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 03:08 PM
  3. Bart Simpson's quotes widget
    By Patriiick in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 09:19 PM
  4. Did Droid Save Motorola's Phone Division?
    By johnatthebar in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-21-2009, 09:10 PM
  5. Motorola Droid the only Android phone with a flash?
    By xfuchsiax in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 02:03 PM

Posting Permissions

B