Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts

Default Re: Motorola "X" Phone

Quote Originally Posted by dcunited08 View Post
    Another day, another rumor:

I would like to see the very durable screen and long battery life.
    I always wondered about sapphire glass. Some of my nicer watches have a sapphire face and I remember thinking to myself it would be cool if they could use it on a phone. I assumed it was just too big/expensive for use on them. It is incredibly strong though, I can remember a few times accidentally hitting a watch on walls or door frames as I'm walking through and I am yet to see any scratch on them. Here's to hoping....
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

will this be better than htc one .. any guesses at specs ??

ROM
    Stock

Spec-wise, I think what we can expect:

5 inch 1080p, 441 ppi
    Qualcomm S600 (hoping for the 800, but being realistic)
    8-13mp camera, with some type of new tech buzzword
    2 gb ram
    wireless charging
    3300 or so battery
    close to stock android, but not stock, and definitely not a nexus

It will have very competitive specs, but I dont think we will be "blown away", doesn't really seem possible anymore.

I hope this thing gets out before November. I would hate to wait until then, find out I don't like it then be back to the drawing board about not knowing what phone to get LOL. They said if it gets that 800 processor, we might have to wait until that time if not later. I guess that would mean the Nexus 5 would be introduced first but I'm w/ Verizon so that does nothing for me.

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
    Spec-wise, I think what we can expect:

5 inch 1080p, 441 ppi
    Qualcomm S600 (hoping for the 800, but being realistic)
    8-13mp camera, with some type of new tech buzzword
    2 gb ram
    wireless charging
    3300 or so battery
    close to stock android, but not stock, and definitely not a nexus

It will have very competitive specs, but I dont think we will be "blown away", doesn't really seem possible anymore.
    If the rumors about this being a user-configured hardware phone (like Dell or Apple computers), there might be an option to have an S800 instead of an S600.

What is google trying to achieve with this phone.. Like isnt it going to rival their own nexus series when the new one comes out??

And those specs seem ok.. Whats the new revolutionary features google was talking about that the x fone will have

ROM
    Stock

The features from the WSJ article mention a better camera experience, rear-mounted controls, and stated that unbreakable galss, ceramics, and all the stops were at least under consideration.

Expect a great camera experience, but the ceramics, etc doesn't seem likely.

Motorola is going for a new global image. They need a device that can be on even ground with the Galaxies, iPhones, and Ones of the world and actually compete, as well as having a organized global marketing strategy, a main reason the Galaxy phones are so damn popular. Google will have influence in Moto's dealings, but above all Moto needs to return to profitability as a company, and the best way to do that is with a phone that can bring some heat to a stagnating marketplace.

I hope this is an appropriate question for this thread, but why would Google want to be making two different phones; X and Nexus? It seems to me that the N4 is a top of the line phone. It will surely be upgraded. I can understand why they would want to control the manufactuering process and supply line, but why spend the ad dollars to compete against yourself?

When is this baby coming out?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by imurfavorite View Post

Rumored mid summer but if the new Snapdragon 800 processor is going to be included, it could be set back as far as November or even later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by takpro View Post
    I hope this is an appropriate question for this thread, but why would Google want to be making two different phones; X and Nexus? It seems to me that the N4 is a top of the line phone. It will surely be upgraded. I can understand why they would want to control the manufactuering process and supply line, but why spend the ad dollars to compete against yourself?

I believe Google is smarter than this and I bet they have something up their sleeve.

So this may turn to be nexus 5 lol. And I thought it was coming out with exynos octa core. Guess I was wrong lol

ROM
    Viper

Nexus phones have always been more development oriented. Not meant for massive sales with limited features and stupid low price point. The Galaxy Nexus was a move toward making the brand go for the mass market with all of the carrier support and ads and such, but the nexus 4 was a step back toward a purely development device with limited availability and network support.

Google may be using the rumored x phone as a mass market flagship and pulling the nexus back to pure development.

Sent from my SCH-I535
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mookiekillsit View Post
    Rumored mid summer but if the new Snapdragon 800 processor is going to be included, it could be set back as far as November or even later.
    Im not so sure the 800 will take that long. They have stated it will be available in commercial devices in the second half - may see it late summer or fall. Its sampling now.

Also, Motorola can't wait past summer. They need to make [I]something[I], and soon.

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

From my understanding, moto is releasing a phone this summer but it won't be the x phone. They are saying November for the x

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post

Google may be using the rumored x phone as a mass market flagship and pulling the nexus back to pure development.

Sent from my SCH-I535
    That would be better move for Google from done so far was Nexus Line. With the X line of devices they could use that product to educate masses on Google and Android. Show the masses Google responsible for Android and the features they love by their OEM partners would be nothing without Google.

A new more robust reiteration of G line phones (G1,G2, G2x) could the X line be? Will the X line be specific to one carrier and will it be stock android or light skinned version of stock?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    Will the X line be specific to one carrier
    From what has been leaked so far, no.
    I voided my warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    That would be better move for Google from done so far was Nexus Line. With the X line of devices they could use that product to educate masses on Google and Android. Show the masses Google responsible for Android and the features they love by their OEM partners would be nothing without Google.

A new more robust reiteration of G line phones (G1,G2, G2x) could the X line be? Will the X line be specific to one carrier and will it be stock android or light skinned version of stock?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    I hope it is on all carriers, single carrier devices is their biggest issue.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    MetalPhoenix79 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imurfavorite View Post

Probably nine months
    Thanked by:
    lpt2569, chevyman29 and Rizz1-2 like this.

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Because the X Phone will be a Motorola phone and not a Nexus phone.

I think Nexus will be their high-end brand and X will be their mid-range brand. You aren't competing against yourself when you produce products that are at different price points. Quite the contrary. You are expanding your product line to appeal to a wider range of potential buyers.
    I voided my warranty.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by androidluvr2 View Post
    I think Nexus will be their high-end brand and X will be their mid-range brand. You aren't competing against yourself when you produce products that are at different price points. Quite the contrary. You are expanding your product line to appeal to a wider range of potential buyers.
    I don't think they even care about competing against themselves. They may continue to support other manufacturers for Nexus phones which helps the entire Android ecosystem. LG was always the underdog but is now gaining popularity. Plus Asus has made a big splash with the tablets they've made. It would be great to see them do a nexus phone in the future.

Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Global Posts
    5,747 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    I don't think they even care about competing against themselves. They may continue to support other manufacturers for Nexus phones which helps the entire Android ecosystem. LG was always the underdog but is now gaining popularity. Plus Asus has made a big splash with the tablets they've made. It would be great to see them do a nexus phone in the future.

I would love to see an Asus Nexus phone.
    Thanked by:
    NoYankees44 and return_0 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    Nexus phones have always been more development oriented. Not meant for massive sales with limited features and stupid low price point. The Galaxy Nexus was a move toward making the brand go for the mass market with all of the carrier support and ads and such, but the nexus 4 was a step back toward a purely development device with limited availability and network support.

Sent from my SCH-I535
    Yeah seems Google sees Samsung as a major threat, and will probably look for the Moto X to directly challenge Samsung and Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    I would love to see an Asus Nexus phone.
    I would love to see a Moto Nexus phone.
    I voided my warranty.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by sulla1965 View Post
    Yeah seems Google sees Samsung as a major threat, and will probably look for the Moto X to directly challenge Samsung and Apple.
    Why are they a threat? When Android wins Google wins. Even if Samsung goes the way Amazon did they still gain users and data.

Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast