Motorola "X" Phone

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Which is why I'm having trouble believing the hype about this "Dell-like" model for smartphones.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
I find all these great ideas never come to light or are minor glimer of what could of been. Google I love you guys but really think a huge change or Android is going to become the Linux of the mobile world which believe Google and Android has become.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
We will have to see but I more concern if it will speak to the masses. Which I don't believe it will. The idea customizition is apealing to tech fans but masses won't bother with customizing.

Now if the take customizing for one phone into packages of budget phone, mid range phone and flagship phone then that would far more consumer friendly. Furthermore leave out the RD to make separate phone for budget,mid range, and flag ship. Then with the one phone you can market for all classes of phones under the same name.

There would be know need to have series of phones to fit each market. You.will have one customizable phone that can be marketed for every category.

Maybe customization is pointed more at customizing the case, i.e. make it the color you like, different designs, etc.

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Just a little anecdote from the other day. I'm sitting in a restaurant eating with my wife.. I notice a guy wearing a bunch of motorola gear who is obviously a product ambassador/rep type dude so I casually walk up and introduce myself and ask him if he has any leads on new gear. He says he hasn't heard anything. I ask him if he's heard about the X phone and he says a little bit but nothing specific..just that it exists. The only inside info he had was that he is not allowed to take any time off during the third week of May but he had no idea why. I told him that's when Google IO is taking place and he's like "oh.. what's that?"

Kinda funny but I'm wondering if it's just a coincidence or if they are planning a launch for that timeframe.

judasmachine

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
If the crazy rumor of customizable specs comes true then Goto will make a lot of money off folks who think that the OS gains much from the difference between 3 and 4GB of RAM among other limitations.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
What does this mean?

Windows runs on Linux but does not get get try any of credit and the masses don't know about Linux. Samsung and HTC have Sense and Touchwiz that run on android however masses just see the device. The masses give all the credit to hardware manufacturs and not Google and Android so they are Linux.

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Windows runs on Linux but does not get get try any of credit and the masses don't know about Linux. Samsung and HTC have Sense and Touchwiz that run on android however masses just see the device. The masses give all the credit to hardware manufacturs and not Google and Android so they are Linux.

Uh from my understanding windows doesn't run from Linux.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dcunited08

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

Windows does NOT run on Linux. You may be thinking of OSX that runs on FreeBSD Unix but Windows has its own kernel and other core functions.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Uh from my understanding windows doesn't run from Linux.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Windows does NOT run on Linux. You may be thinking of OSX that runs on FreeBSD Unix but Windows has its own kernel and other core functions.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

My mistake and I made bad analogy.
What I trying to say is the hardware manufactures are getting all credit like Samsung with S3. Google and Android are left in the shadows.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Everyone is working themselves up for a letdown. Everyone believes every phone about to be released will cure cancer but then gets upset when its not that revolutionary.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Everyone is working themselves up for a letdown. Everyone believes every phone about to be released will cure cancer but then gets upset when its not that revolutionary.
Not everyone. Some people (like me!) are realistic. Even these evolutionary incremental improvements sufficiently enhance the user experience such that it makes it worth my $300 every 20 months to upgrade.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Perfect.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I find all these great ideas never come to light or are minor glimer of what could of been. Google I love you guys but really think a huge change or Android is going to become the Linux of the mobile world which believe Google and Android has become.

When you think of Android as an "embedded OS", that's fine.

Android is open and all of these OEMs "enhancements" are perfectly fine.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: the build your own device model, I've been thinking about this and someone else brought it up in another thread, but wouldn't it be harder to support multiple configurations of the "same" phone - depending on what components you could pick and choose, of course.
I bet if they do opt to go this way the choices will be limited. IE : dual core or quad core, 1-3gb of RAM and internal storage. I can't see them giving options for screens.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc