XFON Leaked

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I think it is probably real in that it is used for testing the internals. Im thinking the case is just some generic thing they have or just a way to keep the true shape hidden/disguised.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
That phone is ugly as sin, and as far as I know Google would never allow one of their devices to carry bloatware. Remember that Google owns motorola mobility. They have a say so when it comes to the phones they release. I'm expecting this phone to be slightly on part with the nexus line.

That is non removable sd, 2gb ram, and a quad core cpu. As for the screen, unless you have ultra vision you won't be able to tell the difference between the two screen resolutions, since 1080p is the highest the human eye can see efficiently. Any higher and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference at all.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
ATT w/ Moto. It very well could be. Looks like there's a case on it also.

Less than 2 weeks until we see if Google will give us anything.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
This REALLY looks like a Galaxy Nexus in a weird squared off case. The camera configuration on the back shot matches my GNex and so does the speaker/camera/bezel on the front. From the back view, even the power button looks to be the same as a GNex. I don't think we're looking at a GNex, just something with very similar design. EVLeaks would lose their reputation if they just dressed up a 2011 phone. The software definitely looks different. No clue what the extra hole on the back is. It's definitely in a case, that much I agree with. Also, the case is very, very ugly.

dcunited08

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Do you think this is legit? I don't know. EVleaks has a good record, but there is something not right about this.....

Mystery Motorola device leaked with AT&T apps on board, labeled XFON | Android Central

Maybe it's the pics, but the screen looks like garbage. And the backing on the phone - that also looks fake or like a case, and not at all like the Razr. I call fake.

Phone arena and 9to5google were both able to confirm through "reliable sources" these were real and provide additional info.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

tvue83

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
It looks real. Probably that same phone that was leaked awhile back by that asian dude.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Eight Bit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
That phone is ugly as sin, and as far as I know Google would never allow one of their devices to carry bloatware. Remember that Google owns motorola mobility. They have a say so when it comes to the phones they release. I'm expecting this phone to be slightly on part with the nexus line.

Thank you Gollum18, I was thinking the same. Why would there be bloatware on a pure Google phone?
And I do expect this phone to be somewhat even with the Nexus line of phones; if not better. Why would Google rely on other brands to make their phones when they own Motorola, therefore getting 100% of the profits from the X?

dcunited08

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Thank you Gollum18, I was thinking the same. Why would there be bloatware on a pure Google phone?
And I do expect this phone to be somewhat even with the Nexus line of phones; if not better. Why would Google rely on other brands to make their phones when they own Motorola, therefore getting 100% of the profits from the X?

Antitrust lawsuits, developer vs consumer target market, not playing favorites...

Notice Google's name is no where to be found. I expect it will have an unlocked version but the carrier versions will be locked.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
This looks like the very same phone from that leaked video in March. The camera and flash are exactly in the same place on the back and the screen and M logo are identical. I'm 99% it is the same phone!

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
This looks like the very same phone from that leaked video in March. The camera and flash are exactly in the same place on the back and the screen and M logo are identical. I'm 99% it is the same phone!

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2

That's scary then, because it's eerily similar to a GNex.

This REALLY looks like a Galaxy Nexus in a weird squared off case. The camera configuration on the back shot matches my GNex and so does the speaker/camera/bezel on the front. From the back view, even the power button looks to be the same as a GNex.

I'd really love someone to do an analysis of how much time typically passes between EVLeaks posting a picture of something and it being announced, and then what % of the leaks are accurate. Just those two pieces would help in our speculation and rumor games immensely :)

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I really hope that's not it solely b/c I hate the Motorola symbol on the top LOL. That would almost be enough for me not to buy it..... seriously. Only on more week til this damn thing begins and we can finally see if we're getting to see a new device or not haha

dcunited08

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I really hope that's not it solely b/c I hate the Motorola symbol on the top LOL. That would almost be enough for me not to buy it..... seriously. Only on more week til this damn thing begins and we can finally see if we're getting to see a new device or not haha

One supposed "trusted source" said the circle m on the front is just for testing.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Moto...-weve-got-more-info-on-codename-Ghost_id42578

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

xcalibur1011

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure Motorola is playing shadow games with us, they have their "ear" to the ground and they're throwing bits of crap our way. Hopefully the "X Phone" isn't a mid range phone because they would just need to give up right then and there, always come out swinging.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site

You also have to not forgot that just because Google owns Motorola doesn't mean they get to say what the company gets to do completely. They do have a say yes, but if I remember correctly, Google said they were going to allow Motorola to operate pretty independently. Therefore, there would be a reason for them not making the X phone a nexus like device. Besides, nexus devices are usually about the OS first and foremost. Motorola could make something else the focus point of their phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc