Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree17Likes

Default Re: If this phone doesn't have any flashy features will you still get this instead of HTC/Samsung?

Quote Originally Posted by Rule9 View Post
    I tend to look at this the same way I look at buying a laptop. Most branded laptops have a crap load of preinstalled junk software that I get rid of on a new one. But I wish our phones had the same capability laptops have: you can format a branded laptop and install your own licensed copy of windows minus the bloatware. That would be awesome if we could do that with all Android devices without unlocking bootloaders and rooting
    What would be even nicer, is if phones were just preloaded with stock Android in the first place....

Posted via Android Central App
    Be sure and hit the thanks button if anything I said was helpful to you!

Default Re: If this phone doesn't have any flashy features will you still get this instead of HTC/Samsung?

Quote Originally Posted by chadthebuilder View Post
    What would be even nicer, is if phones were just preloaded with stock Android in the first place....

True story. Preloaded apps are irritating

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'm interested enough in what the phone might be that I'm going to put of my phone upgrade until I see what it is. Best case scenario for me is this phone will be unlocked, run stock androidn(or atleast super close to it), gets timely updates, has great battery, and doesn't cost 600 bucks on the play store.

He'll, ill even take a subsidized version if it has good battery, screen, and was close to stock android.
    Thanked by:

Let's pretend this phone has specs that are basically equal to the One and S4, but is pretty close to stock for the UI, a roughly equal camera performance and is built as nicely as Moto usually builds their phones, BUT doesn't have flashy features like Blinkfeed, Beats, or the various S4 features like eye scrolling air gestures etc, would you still buy it over the other 2? If yes, why?
    Yes, solely because it (I hope) is smaller sized. I don't like phones that are bigger than 4.3" screen max because it makes the device too big.
    Last edited by vjynn; 07-18-2013 at 04:16 PM.

If it's got the specs of the HTC One and the Motorola build and built in 'Merica. I'm on board.

Global Posts
    5,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by tech_head View Post
    If it's got the specs of the HTC One and the Motorola build and built in 'Merica. I'm on board.
    Okay, so what if it has the specs of the Droid Razr HD (slightly better processor)?

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    Okay, so what if it has the specs of the Droid Razr HD (slightly better processor)?
    As long if optimized well and it seem 4.3 keeps improving on project butter then again I don't care about the processor or ram.

Order if importance
    1.Battery Life
    2.Software
    3.Size
    4.Storage.

I really looking for phone to last me on stock battery or extended in as close to what a Note 2 can get.

Software as close stock android and updates as soon as a month hopefully and for two years.

The size of the phone just has to be smaller than my S3.

Storage just need 32GB option.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
    Darth Spock likes this.

Since most of those flashy features are useless or don't work I would be more than happy to see them gone so i don't have to get rid of them myself.

Let's pretend this phone has specs that are basically equal to the One and S4, but is pretty close to stock for the UI, a roughly equal camera performance and is built as nicely as Moto usually builds their phones, BUT doesn't have flashy features like Blinkfeed, Beats, or the various S4 features like eye scrolling air gestures etc, would you still buy it over the other 2? If yes, why?
    iPhone 5s-Verizon
    Moto X Verizon
    Nexus 7 2013
    Nexus 10
    iPad Air-Verizon

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    As long if optimized well and it seem 4.3 keeps improving on project butter then again I don't care about the processor or ram.

Order if importance
    1.Battery Life
    2.Software
    3.Size
    4.Storage.

I really looking for phone to last me on stock battery or extended in as close to what a Note 2 can get.

Software as close stock android and updates as soon as a month hopefully and for two years.

The size of the phone just has to be smaller than my S3.

Storage just need 32GB option.

Battery rumored to be 1500mah by the software configured capacity . I would not scoff at that battery size because the HTC One S only had 1650mah which has good battery life. I will be optimistic about battery life and reserve judgment. Not sure if internal or external battery hopefully external?

Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

I am not a big fan of the gimmicky features so I would prefer it more plain. I will always buy a moto though. They have the best radios in my experience.

Sent from my KFTT using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    I've disabled Amazon Kindle, Backup+ Media, City ID, Swype, Verizon Tones, Video Calling, and VZ Navigator. While they still take up space on my phone, disabling them is a rather simple process. As someone who used to work in the "app" industry, I can understand the business decisions behind the pre-load process.

People like you aren't the majority. I know you know that.

I understand what their motivations are for those business decisions, but that doesn't make what they're doing right by their customers. Verizon, AT&T and other carriers are imposing what amounts to advertising embedded in the operating systems of their phones that are marketed as premium devices with premium prices.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234