Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Motorola shows off first ad for Moto X Phone, teases a phone “designed by you”

Be interesting to see just how customizable it will be.
    Last edited by Phil Nickinson; 07-02-2013 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Please don't copy pasta entire stories from other sites
    ledfrog likes this.

Default Re: Motorola shows off first ad for Moto X Phone, teases a phone “designed by you”

I am extremely interested in the phone now. Does anybody know if this is going to be an expensive phone that you have to buy through an upgrade or will it be a cheaper phone similar to the Nexus 4 where you go to Google Play and buy it? I've heard it's coming to Verizon.

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

Default Re: Motorola shows off first ad for Moto X Phone, teases a phone “designed by you”

Quote Originally Posted by thatotherdude24 View Post
    I am extremely interested in the phone now. Does anybody know if this is going to be an expensive phone that you have to buy through an upgrade or will it be a cheaper phone similar to the Nexus 4 where you go to Google Play and buy it? I've heard it's coming to Verizon.
    Doubt anyone will give you answers right now. We'll find out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjb View Post
    Doubt anyone will give you answers right now. We'll find out soon enough.
    Has there been any rumors on any type of announcement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Has Motorola said last month it'll b out this summer. And if rummer stands it's only a mid range device think RAZR M. So cheaper price but add in made in america and price goes up. Think only option will b what color do u want.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Has Motorola said last month it'll b out this summer. And if rummer stands it's only a mid range device think RAZR M. So cheaper price but add in made in america and price goes up. Think only option will b what color do u want.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    No way - more than color - I'm thinking color, chassis, battery size, maybe even screen PPI.

They said in the ad about "tomorrow" being the day before the 4th of July. They probably wanted to release it on the Fourth, but they did not make that date (maybe that was where the rumor came a while back about not being able to include all the cool features they wanted aka X Phone delay).

And in the add it says "Coming soon". Soon means many things to many people. I think that means within a month. We'll know something more concrete in the coming 3 weeks.
    People say, it's not the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean that counts.

But you can't get to China in a canoe.....

Global Posts
    5,751 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by the_stig#WN View Post
    They said in the ad about "tomorrow" being the day before the 4th of July.
    That's because the add is running in papers July 3rd.

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    That's because the add is running in papers July 3rd.
    Sweet. I like the marketing of it- made in America - I remember when that used to mean something, besides over-paid/lazy union workers. I'll buy it, if I can make it my own.

I think Apple is also towing that line with their whole "designed by Apple in California" thing.

Anywho, I'm just glad we have SOMETHING to talk about in this forum. It's been a while since we had any bone to chew on.
    People say, it's not the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean that counts.

But you can't get to China in a canoe.....

Global Posts
    1,281 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

From the pic of the ad (guy and girl jumping). Maybe they'll call it the "X 1"

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'm hoping that designed by you means I can pick the RAM, processor, and on board storage. I hope those leaked specs were the base model which you can build off of.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I am very intrigue to see where Motorola's product line is heading. In last month I see more and more Google inspired campaigning. I Google's influences transfer to Motorola's products. Whatever "lead device" comes out this summer from Motorola I am hoping is like the Google G1.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by bunique4life05; 07-02-2013 at 10:27 PM.
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by jova33 View Post
    I'm hoping that designed by you means I can pick the RAM, processor, and on board storage. I hope those leaked specs were the base model which you can build off of.

Yes, I too hope the specs are just for the base model because otherwise it would be about a year behind for a flag ship phone. Leo Laporte mentioned that he was invited to a Motorola/Google event by Guy Kawasaki (Motorola) on July 10-11, perhaps this is the unveiling. Timing would be about right. I hadn't heard anything from Phil regarding this event. I hope you can customize more than just color. My dream configuration:
    5.7" 1080 screen
    Removable battery >16 hr battery life
    Wireless charging
    NFC
    Fastest processor there is
    Kevlar or Carbon Fiber back (something that isn't finger print magnet and won't scratch)
    Soft rubber covered corners
    Titanium edges
    All external parts removable/changeable in case something gets broken or scratched.

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Quote Originally Posted by dss2000 View Post
    Yes, I too hope the specs are just for the base model because otherwise it would be about a year behind for a flag ship phone. Leo Laporte mentioned that he was invited to a Motorola/Google event by Guy Kawasaki (Motorola) on July 10-11, perhaps this is the unveiling. Timing would be about right. I hadn't heard anything from Phil regarding this event. I hope you can customize more than just color. My dream configuration:
    5.7" 1080 screen
    Removable battery >16 hr battery life
    Wireless charging
    NFC
    Fastest processor there is
    Kevlar or Carbon Fiber back (something that isn't finger print magnet and won't scratch)
    Soft rubber covered corners
    Titanium edges
    All external parts removable/changeable in case something gets broken or scratched.
    My dream config:

Intel Core i7 SoC
    8GB RAM
    256GB storage
    60000 mAh battery
    Kevlar-strength glass back
    6" 4K screen with zero bezel
    Gigabit-speed WiFi and cellular support (on a capable carrier)
    8mm thin
    $99 unlocked

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by return_0 View Post
    My dream config:

Intel Core i7 SoC
    8GB RAM
    256GB storage
    60000 mAh battery
    Kevlar-strength glass back
    6" 4K screen with zero bezel
    Gigabit-speed WiFi and cellular support (on a capable carrier)
    8mm thin
    $99 unlocked

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Only 8gb? Might as well go 32!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by trunks527 View Post
    Only 8gb? Might as well go 32!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Maybe meant System RAM

What's with these big screen sized here... Ewwww! I want something portable. 4.3 to 4.5 please! Thank you!

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Jerry Hildenbrand likes this.

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Quote Originally Posted by RicanMedic78 View Post
    What's with these big screen sized here... Ewwww! I want something portable. 4.3 to 4.5 please! Thank you!

In case you didn't know, a 6" phone with no bezel is the same size as the average 4.5" phone.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:

I'd hope it'd be more like a shell. Here's the board and radios, now whatever you can fit in there, RAM, internal memory, processor, and cheap screen or deluxe screen. And camera

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

4.3-4.7 Is fine for one app on screen at a time, when you do multi window you'll want more real estate. Just like on a PC 19" monitors are fine when using one window at a time but want 24-27" monitors when opening multi screens.

Posted via Android Central App
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,207 Global Posts

Give me a RAZR M-like body with a 4.3 720 HD screen, Spandragon 600, 2GB RAM, 16 GB of storage with a 4.2.2-based MotoBLUR on a 2000 mAh battery that runs on Verizon.

If I can't get that processor, that RAM, and that storage on a "small" phone without needing to go with a bigger screen, the customizations are worthless.

(I still think the customizations are just cosmetic - covers, colors, etc.)

a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    bunique4life05 likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,207 Global Posts

Size queens. Just saying.

a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Rizz1-2 likes this.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

This think is starting to look hot:

Especially look at the processors under 4. It's alive!
    Sizzers likes this.

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

Well as long as they don't forget/ignore the UK market I'll be very happy
    Putting out fire with gasoline
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Guy Kawasaki
    Shared publicly - Mar 19, 2013
    Wouldn't it be great if you could personalize your phone like this?
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

I'm thinking the body could would have a customizable shell similar to this Element case:

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast