I can't be the only one...

frankly1100

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I feel like I'm the only weirdo actually waiting on the Moto X. I personally always felt Motorola made decent devices but kind of went overkill with the Droid line although it was the Droid devices that helped Android gain wider acceptance. I was looking into purchasing the Nexus 4 but now with this fresh device coming from a hopefully new Motorola, I'm actually super excited. Although I might end up getting the Moto X then hopefully a new Nexus smartphone is released and I can add that too. I'm really trying to hold on to my BlackBerry Q10 but there's an extreme app gap that's made me consider going back to Android and I hope the Moto X can be that device.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Moto devices have always been great in my experience with some Droid phones so I'm sure this new phone will be very nice. If you can, I'd hold out until this gets announced then pick it up. Don't expect Nexus 4 pricing though.

Sent from my HTC One

frankly1100

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I never really expected Nexus 4 pricing. But I will most likely get this in addition to any new hardware that Google might announce by years end.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
it has me interested for sure. I might upgrade with one of verizon's new financing plans or w.e. I really liked moto's first android projects, like the the original droid. Industrial, tough design. I haven't really been impressed with their most recent Droid offerings though, not sure why. Although the ultras do look intriguing. I have two lines, so one line might end up being an ultra and the other the moto x.

rballen85

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Are you serious? People have been hypebeasting over this phone ever since it was rumored to even exist. It's the most overhyped phone of the year.

It's also the phone most commonly referred to as over-hyped. This gives many the impression that people are no longer excited for it thus he feels he's the only weirdo still pumped.

frankly1100

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
It's also the phone most commonly referred to as over-hyped. This gives many the impression that people are no longer excited for it thus he feels he's the only weirdo still pumped.

Exactly my point. It's gotten to the point like I feel people have already dismissed it for that very reason so I feel like "uh, yay?"

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Are you serious? People have been hypebeasting over this phone ever since it was rumored to even exist. It's the most overhyped phone of the year.

To be honest, I've noticed less buzz in various newsfeeds about the X than there was leading up to the S4 and HTC One launches.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It's way over hyped.

But check my phone history thread in the lounge. A Moto will probably be my next.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am excited for Moto. If this device takes off well, it is another solid device for people to choose from.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm still excited about it, if anything for the prospects of it jump starting Moto back from obscurity and hopefully on a path to a better line-up of phones. Depending on the off-contract price, I may purchase one even though it's a technical downgrade in specs from the GS4. But for me, it's not about the specs as it is more about the experience. I'm hoping they can pull it off!

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Could this ever end up being the biggest shocker of the year. You log into Motorola andbuild your phone, just like Dell's model. It starts you out with the basic model and you get to customize your phone.

1st screen - CPU Processor
- Snapdragon 400 Pro
- Snapdragon 600T

2nd Screen - Memory
- 2 Gigs
- 3 Gigs
- 4 Gigs

3rd Screen - Internal Storage
- 16 Gb
- 32 Gb

4th Screen....etc....

What do you think

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I feel like I'm the only weirdo actually waiting on the Moto X. I personally always felt Motorola made decent devices but kind of went overkill with the Droid line although it was the Droid devices that helped Android gain wider acceptance. I was looking into purchasing the Nexus 4 but now with this fresh device coming from a hopefully new Motorola, I'm actually super excited. Although I might end up getting the Moto X then hopefully a new Nexus smartphone is released and I can add that too. I'm really trying to hold on to my BlackBerry Q10 but there's an extreme app gap that's made me consider going back to Android and I hope the Moto X can be that device.

I must be weird too cause I am waiting for this as well. I can see my self buying it and using it along with my DNA. It's the first time I have ever entertained the idea of switching back and forth between two phones.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Could this ever end up being the biggest shocker of the year. You log into Motorola andbuild your phone, just like Dell's model. It starts you out with the basic model and you get to customize your phone.

- Snapdragon 400 Pro
- Snapdragon 600T

2nd Screen - Memory
- 2 Gigs
- 3 Gigs
- 4 Gigs

- 16 Gb
- 32 Gb

4th Screen....etc....

What do you think

not going to happen

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

- Snapdragon 400 Pro
- Snapdragon 600T

2nd Screen - Memory
- 2 Gigs
- 3 Gigs
- 4 Gigs

- 16 Gb
- 32 Gb

4th Screen....etc....

What do you think

If they go that extensive in modifications then they will packaged options to cut down coding every possible combination. Writing code for these internal modifications is the limiting factor. Furthermore the majority would not go as far to modify there devices to that extent which would waste RD and time for Motorola to spend in such venture.

People buy phones couple times over few years where people buy computer once relatively speaking. The mass will invest time choosing the right specs for a computer because of simple fact on looking upgrade any time soon.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

I am with you.

I'm using a horrible HTC one x. I love the phone, yet its slow and antennas are failing... I'm trying to hold out instead of a z10, iphone5 or the HTC One... Soo hard with so many great phones.

Sent from my HTC One X using AC Forums mobile app

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

- Snapdragon 400 Pro
- Snapdragon 600T

2nd Screen - Memory
- 2 Gigs
- 3 Gigs
- 4 Gigs

- 16 Gb
- 32 Gb

4th Screen....etc....

What do you think

This based on the old rumor. I think it's pretty clear the the customizations will have to do more with style than performance.

But then again, what's been announced so far isn't the full picture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21