Moto X Specs

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
You never know.

By the way, ZTE is the 3rd largest Smartphone seller in the United States........:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

True. I've seen that before, and it just blows me away every time. Although, it is a Chinese company so I can only see them growing as the rest of Chinese businesses and economy has been

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
ZTE a competitor in what markets? Zte strength of sales is no contract products and lower end devices (smartphones/basic) in the United States. MotoX is going to be on all the major carriers and ZTE brand recognition is low. First time they ever got any major press was when the United States government rated them as a potential security risk.

I should've included "/sarcasm" in my prior post.

fightcrazy

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sick and tired of Google putting out phones that are a day old and a buck short. The complete lack of internal storage to me is the worst short comings you can add to a modern day Smart Phone. They constantly leave out internal storage because they are trying to ram their Cloud Storage down your throat. I will NEVER buy a new phone without at least 32gb of int storage with ext sd-card support. Without sd-card support the phone must have 64gb internal storage. Apple puts out their phones with the choice of internal storage, to me that is the only way to sell a phone. Never thought I would hear myself say that but it is true, Google is ramming their cloud storage down your throat, problem with that is if no signal no access to your storage, you are screwed. Google just doesn't get it so I ain't going to buy it. I use to be a Nexus nut, wouldn't buy any phone other than a Nexus phone. Those days are gone, There are certain features I want, I don't so much care if I have to pay a little extra but as I said, no adequate storage I will not buy it. Just My Opinion.
PS The new Moto X with it's 12mb of int storage after the OS you will fill that up so fast. After downloading a few of todays new games that take up 3mb of storage each you are left with about 5mb. Throw a few apps and your phone will be so bogged down and will be slow as mallasses. What a damn joke.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sick and tired of Google putting out phones that are a day old and a buck short. The complete lack of internal storage to me is the worst short comings you can add to a modern day Smart Phone. They constantly leave out internal storage because they are trying to ram their Cloud Storage down your throat. I will NEVER buy a new phone without at least 32gb of int storage with ext sd-card support. Without sd-card support the phone must have 64gb internal storage. Apple puts out their phones with the choice of internal storage, to me that is the only way to sell a phone. Never thought I would hear myself say that but it is true, Google is ramming their cloud storage down your throat, problem with that is if no signal no access to your storage, you are screwed. Google just doesn't get it so I ain't going to buy it. I use to be a Nexus nut, wouldn't buy any phone other than a Nexus phone. Those days are gone, There are certain features I want, I don't so much care if I have to pay a little extra but as I said, no adequate storage I will not buy it. Just My Opinion.
PS The new Moto X with it's 12mb of int storage after the OS you will fill that up so fast. After downloading a few of todays new games that take up 3mb of storage each you are left with about 5mb. Throw a few apps and your phone will be so bogged down and will be slow as mallasses. What a damn joke.

If you don't game or keep movies on your device its a little easier. But when a nandroid takes a gig it can still be pretty easy to get full. I could easily manage with 16 GB internal, but I would never turn down an SD slot. Also choice > no choice as far as storage size goes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I had been holding out on upgrading my droid razr (original) to the moto X, but after reading the specs and seeing a s3 in person, I am thinking of just going with the S4. I am paying full retail for the phone, so I am not wanting to be wishing I would have got something else. I have upgrades available but I am still on the plan with unlimited data thru verizion and I am not about to give that up, so Ihave to pay full price to keep my plan.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused, what magical apps/services are you guys running that can and will use 4 cores?

Its like rushing out and buying an Alienware so that you can look awesome and cool while you watch YouTube videos like a Champ and open Excel files like a boss.

Posted via Android Central App

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Why not have the processing power? I'd take an i7 over an i3 or i5 any day with computers. Personal preference. Nothing quite runs like an i7 pushing 3.4ghz :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused, what magical apps/services are you guys running that can and will use 4 cores?

Its like rushing out and buying an Alienware so that you can look awesome and cool while you watch YouTube videos like a Champ and open Excel files like a boss.

The quad core was included in the s4 so it would run semi smooth with all of the touchwiz junk running on top of it. That's the only reason why their needed, so they can keep running increasingly bloated manufacturer ROMs.

I haven't seen any app or game that will actively use all 4 cores either.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
So has there been any chatter at all about what size the battery might be? I'm really itching to upgrade from my Galaxy Nexus, but the two biggest wants from me are an awesome battery life and healthy ROM support. I assume the Moto X will probably get some good ROM support, but the battery life seems up in the air. I've heard "rumors" that battery life is going to be a big focus on this phone, but with how everyone keeps saying the rest of the specs are "mid-range", I assume that means the battery will probably be about 2200-ish mAH, which, frankly, doesn't seem like that big of a step up from my GNex's 1850 mAH battery.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
So has there been any chatter at all about what size the battery might be? I'm really itching to upgrade from my Galaxy Nexus, but the two biggest wants from me are an awesome battery life and healthy ROM support. I assume the Moto X will probably get some good ROM support, but the battery life seems up in the air. I've heard "rumors" that battery life is going to be a big focus on this phone, but with how everyone keeps saying the rest of the specs are "mid-range", I assume that means the battery will probably be about 2200-ish mAH, which, frankly, doesn't seem like that big of a step up from my GNex's 1850 mAH battery.

Up until the verge article everyone said around 2100. The verge said their source got 1500 from a software reading.

Transmitted through spacetime.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I saw that too. I would be shocked if it really ends up being 1500 mAh

It had better be a pretty advanced battery otherwise it won't last longer than eight hours under regular use.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
The specs should be fine to run the phone well and smoothly but if the battery life is not better than the current crop of phones then this is just another mid-range phone.

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what apps today, will use 4 cores, may be tomorrow or the next day ... the point is, this is going to be a mid-range phone, I am buying my next phone full price, the cost of this phone will be about the same as buying a S4...so what do I buy..the 720 screen or the 1080p screen? the 1.7 dual core or the 1.9 quad core...hmmm....

and I don't buy pre-built computers any more...no reason to when you can build what you want for less and get more. I prefer to run photoshop cs5 and sony vegas and finish what I am working on so I can do something else - no youtube'ing facebook'ing non-sense here.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Why not have the processing power? I'd take an i7 over an i3 or i5 any day with computers. Personal preference. Nothing quite runs like an i7 pushing 3.4ghz :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I beg to differ the new 10core amd processors could blow the i7 out of the water. I have yet to test them myself. But as you can tell I support amd over Intel. But I'm always nvidia with graphics (as ati support sucks in Linux).

Sent from my paranoid s3...

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The specs are not mind blowing, at least what has been leaked or rumored. Still, if it's a good device, runs great, and is easily rootable the I would be interested. Only time will tell, 8/1 is around the corner.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2