Google schedules Android event for July 24

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
google-event.jpg

Nexus 7 and 4.3 may get announced but I feel the Moto X will be announced in August. July 23rd is the Droid event I don't think Google or Motorola want to take anything away from the Droid Event by announcing a Moto X the following day. Then again Google may not announce anything particular about hardware.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't think (based on nothing but my opinion) that Google is going to share their android version and nexus device release with Motorola. Plus with the Verizon droid announcement, I bet we wont hear much about the Moto X until august.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't think (based on nothing but my opinion) that Google is going to share their android version and nexus device release with Motorola.
If Google event was in august away from the droid event I would have to argue that Google may share the light with Motorola since it's a "Google Company". What makes me doubt that Google would not put Motorola in general in one of there events is that the Moto X has not been stamped with a Google logo at the bottom of the device. This shows me Google is keeping some distance from Motorola which I believe is a shame.

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
If Google event was in august away from the droid event I would have to argue that Google may share the light with Motorola since it's a "Google Company". What makes me doubt that Google would not put Motorola in general in one of there events is that the Moto X has not been stamped with a Google logo at the bottom of the device. This shows me Google is keeping some distance from Motorola which I believe is a shame.

Wasn't that n agreement of their purchase?
And also kind of smart not to **** OEMs off lol. Even though it shouldn't matter and googlerola should become a reality.

Sent from my HTC One X using AC Forums mobile app

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
And also kind of smart not to **** OEMs off lol. Even though it shouldn't matter and googlerola should become a reality.

I understand the business side well at least the having OEM partners. I just see the consequence of Google going into hardware game with Motorola but still share nexus program with the other OEM partners?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

This is why Google has arranged for HTC and Samsung to sell GE phones on Play Store.
Because they're getting ready to sell Motorola phones direct from the Play Store. I'm not stating a fact, just an educated guess/deduction. The $500 million advertising budget for the X phone is also a pretty big bold clue.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't think (based on nothing but my opinion) that Google is going to share their android version and nexus device release with Motorola. Plus with the Verizon droid announcement, I bet we wont hear much about the Moto X until august.

They will. It's a crock that the companies are separated which should be obvious. I used to work at Motorola and know a lot of people who are still there. The entire management has been replaced by Google people. Which is a good thing because one of the reasons I left Motorola is it was one of the most poorly run companies I have seen and I have seen many.

This is why Google has arranged for HTC and Samsung to sell GE phones on Play Store.
Because they're getting ready to sell Motorola phones direct from the Play Store. I'm not stating a fact, just an educated guess/deduction. The $500 million advertising budget for the X phone is also a pretty big bold clue.

I agree with that. It's a big deal that Google is making phones through Motorola now and you can bet the other OEM's are not happy about it at all. Especially since the only ones making money are Samsung. The OEM's also know the concept of Google and Motorola somehow being separate companies is nonsense.

Microsoft has realized that the Apple model of controlling both the hardware and software is pretty critical to quality and I'm sure Google is pondering the same thing. They are really unhappy that Android has been forked so many ways including by Amazon etc and also by Touchwiz obliterating much of their intended interface and reflecting poorly on Android in multiple ways. Plus Samsung basically doesn't acknowledge the word "Android" anywhere. They only want people to think "Samsung" and "Galaxy". Also carrier bloatware reflects poorly on Android but they brought that on themselves.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

They're not "Really" OEMs. If they get pissed off, they can just go write their own operating system from scratch and get sued back and forth by Google, Apple, Microsoft, and who knows who else.
Google gives them a popular operating system that everyone knows how to use for free to alter however they see fit.If they can't leverage that into something that can compete with Google, then Google might not need them at that point.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
This arguement is basically Google turning Motorola into a Google Hardware company. Motorola no longer pushing Motorola products but strictly Google products.( I am getting into the semantics of the Nexus/GP Edition products) Now I don't know the agreement Google has with there hardware partners but let say they have no agreement restricting Google going into the hardware business themselves. Do the OEM abandon Google or alienate Google by stripping Android and running there well know UI into full OS.(The mass would not notice the absence of android or care.)

Regardless if the oem partners abandon or stay with Google the fundamental issue not just money. Google puts very little into there OEM partners compared what OEMS give them fincially. I think Google main concern with losing OEM partners is data and wide spread global influence. Google losing there partners would lose a huge foot hold that they could never get on their own.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
This arguement is basically Google turning Motorola into a Google Hardware company. Motorola no longer pushing Motorola products but strictly Google products.( I am getting into the semantics of the Nexus/GP Edition products) Now I don't know the agreement Google has with there hardware partners but let say they have no agreement restricting Google going into the hardware business themselves. Do the OEM abandon Google or alienate Google by stripping Android and running there well know UI into full OS.(The mass would not notice the absence of android or care.)

Regardless if the oem partners abandon or stay with Google the fundamental issue not just money. Google puts very little into there OEM partners compared what OEMS give them fincially. I think Google main concern with losing OEM partners is data and wide spread global influence. Google losing there partners would lose a huge foot hold that they could never get on their own.

The only OEM Google would really be concerned about losing is Samsung. Samsung wouldn't jump unless Motorola sales hurt them badly enough to because Samsung are making money hand over fist with the current status quo. But if Motorola sales ended up being that good, then...

you see where I'm going with this?

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
The only OEM Google would really be concerned about losing is Samsung. Samsung wouldn't jump unless Motorola sales hurt them badly enough to because Samsung are making money hand over fist with the current status quo. But if Motorola sales ended up being that good, then...

you see where I'm going with this?

My point is not about money though.

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
My point is not about money though.

I understand you I believe..

Google does'nt make money off of Android so to speak, It makes money off of Google Play Store... Normal Consumer's don't really see "Android" They never say "I have an Android phone" or even walk into a store to say "I want an android Phone".. They now walk in and say "I want either a Samsung Phone or iPhone".. OEM's are not really shouting that their phones run on Android anymore.. It's more or less their own brands.

If Sammy wanted to, they could ditch Google's Android OS, and just skin their own OS as the same (TouchWiz).. Not many people would notice, only problem? All their Google Play App's would disappear (but Samsung pushes their own appstore lately so meh)

Without the OEM's, Google wont be making money off the App Store, which is where they make their cash, and the data for Ad's. They don't make money if an OEM Sells their phone's with Android. (unlike Microsoft, which charges OEM's to use their OS)

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I understand you I believe..

Google does'nt make money off of Android so to speak, It makes money off of Google Play Store... Normal Consumer's don't really see "Android" They never say "I have an Android phone" or even walk into a store to say "I want an android Phone".. They now walk in and say "I want either a Samsung Phone or iPhone".. OEM's are not really shouting that their phones run on Android anymore.. It's more or less their own brands.

If Sammy wanted to, they could ditch Google's Android OS, and just skin their own OS as the same (TouchWiz).. Not many people would notice, only problem? All their Google Play App's would disappear (but Samsung pushes their own appstore lately so meh)

Without the OEM's, Google wont be making money off the App Store, which is where they make their cash, and the data for Ad's. They don't make money if an OEM Sells their phone's with Android. (unlike Microsoft, which charges OEM's to use their OS)

They restate the point trying to make. Google will loose influence for world wide projects they want to release. Google has that influence because they apart of every hardware company that based on different parts of world. Google has again strong small and big business partnerships because of these OEM partners. All of this giving Google power to pursue other adventurers than just the personal mobile enterprise. Google has been able to get into medical, education, etc because all connects Google has made through android. Google could I have all the money in world bit if no supports there idea which need support for there ideas to take off then their money is worthless.

Now if Google lost there OEM partners they would loose irreplaceable connects and support from any other countries. Google not about ads and phone there about Global change for efficiency in all facets of technology.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app