Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By tdizzel
  • 2 Post By shaytoon21
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

Default Moto X to be revealed August 1st!

Here we go, finally.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Moto X to be revealed August 1st!-uploadfromtaptalk1374265676362.jpg  

YES, finally.
    But I preferred tomorrow as a presentation date!

Default Re: Moto X to be revealed August 1st!

WOOOOO!!!!!! Soooo close to owning this phone finally

Looking forward to it, sort of want to dump the GS3 but I would prefer it to be this phone or a Nexus 5.

Some sources (or one source) mentions the phone starts shipping to carriers tomorrow and could go on sale straight after it's announced. Salt and all that but that would be nice.

Posted with Rootboxed N4 via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by AbuYazeedUK View Post
    Some sources (or one source) mentions the phone starts shipping to carriers tomorrow and could go on sale straight after it's announced. Salt and all that but that would be nice.

I'll check the shipments we receive tomorrow and thoughout the week, but yeah, salt. Not sure if we can check inbound orders, but if so, I'll check those too. (Verizon corporate)

Edit: Now that I'm thinking about it, having them on the 1st to sell doesn't make sense. Motorola's event is at night. Starts at 8pm, IIRC. That'd be weird having a phone in store to sell with an announcement after the store closes.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by AbuYazeedUK View Post

So I can order my customized phone on Thursday when they announce it and they'll already have it at the store by Thursday because somehow they know how I want it customized and will be shipping it to the store before i order it?

Yeah, gonna need more than one grain of salt with that rumor.

Although I suppose they could be shipping demos now so people can check them out right after the announcement.
    I customized my signature using Motomaker
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tdizzel View Post
    So I can order my customized phone on Thursday when they announce it and they'll already have it at the store by Thursday because somehow they know how I want it customized and will be shipping it to the store before i order it?
    I've read in multiple places that the stores will carry black and white phones. Think about it: they basically have to if they expect to sell any. A lot of people aren't going to want to wait for a phone. It would be bad for the carriers to not have any to sell in store because they know that a lot of customers expect to be able to walk into a store and then walk out with a new phone. If a customer can't do that, they risk losing the customer.

If you want it customized, then you have to order it.

On an unrelated note, is everybody having a good time or what??? I have a feeling my stay here will be short lived after the X is actually out, but speculating with everyone has been so exciting. I haven't looked forward to a launch like this since the Galaxy Nexus. I hope everyone else has been enjoying the discussion as much as I have.

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    I've read in multiple places that the stores will carry black and white phones. Think about it: they basically have to if they expect to sell any. A lot of people aren't going to want to wait for a phone. It would be bad for the carriers to not have any to sell in store because they know that a lot of customers expect to be able to walk into a store and then walk out with a new phone. If a customer can't do that, they risk losing the customer.

If you want it customized, then you have to order it.
    I agree. I am wondering how this model of customizing your own phone is going to work out for Motorola. Because you are correct in saying that people are going to want to go into the store and walk out with a phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Although I suppose they could be shipping demos now so people can check them out right after the announcement.
    I don't think everybody would want a customized phone, surely they will have the black and white phones in stock for the regular customer. I don't think they will make it available the same day but maybe soon afterwards, who knows, it's a waiting game.

Would be neat of it has kind of a shell you could order in whatever color... something the average user could change without it feeling like a case

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

Dude, Google and the NSA teamed up for this phone. Haven't you heard? They already know what you want.

They
    are
    always
    watching
    0_o

Quote Originally Posted by jbruha View Post
    On an unrelated note, is everybody having a good time or what??? I have a feeling my stay here will be short lived after the X is actually out, but speculating with everyone has been so exciting. I haven't looked forward to a launch like this since the Galaxy Nexus. I hope everyone else has been enjoying the discussion as much as I have.
    I concur. I haven't been this active on the AC forums since the GNEX launch. It's fun playing Moto X detective!
    Vzw Staff

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

To my complete understanding from all the articles and Motorola information the stores will have NOTHING to do with the customizing options. It would be like if the Nexus 7 was available at the store and you could customize it through the Play Store site. If you want it special you order directly through Motorola's website...if you do not care about all that you get the normal version at the retailers. Now again we have had no word on this yet but based on it would take roughly 5 business days they claimed to get you the customized options to you I doubt they would do this at the retailer standpoint. I mean if we were going to be doing something new and ground breaking we would have at least a little info on a few things. We had rough launch dates on the HTC one we have details on the next LG phone and we knew details on the Ultra line. When it comes to ordering things phone do not show up the day of launch we have a general idea they are coming with our ordering systems and even more so on the indirect side being we have multiple companies trying to get us to order from them.
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

Anyone see an actual time for the event?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, the actual event is late. The invite that went out to those invited has it starting at 8pm and going on until 1 or 2am. Not sure if there will be an announcement earlier or not.

2 more days folks!!!
    karn101 and bunique4life05 like this.