Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By NoYankees44
  • 1 Post By svfd757
  • 1 Post By mattopotamus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Could the Moto X be the next.. NE-X-US

    neXus?
  2. #2  

    Default

    Nope, it's not the next Nexus. For one, it can't be, as the software isn't completely stock untampered jellybean. Motorola has added some software features and tweaks to support all of those new features.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Could the Moto X be the next.. NE-X-US

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegoman View Post
    Nope, it's not the next Nexus. For one, it can't be, as the software isn't completely stock untampered jellybean. Motorola has added some software features and tweaks to support all of those new features.

    Posted via Android Central App
    While I don't believe what I'm about to say, I'm going to speculate anyway.

    What if the "one more thing..." feature we haven't heard about yet is actually that the Moto X is the next Nexus? All 4.3 devices will eventually be updated with that camera or maybe they're only using it for the new Droids and the X will have the AOSP camera? I really doubt this, but that'd be cool too. It would also explain the lack of any leaks about a new Nexus device (5 or whatever).
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Could the Moto X be the next.. NE-X-US

    No.
  5. #5  
    NoYankees44's Avatar

    Posts
    1,032 Posts
    ROM
    Viper

    Default Re: Could the Moto X be the next.. NE-X-US

    Quote Originally Posted by jbruha View Post
    While I don't believe what I'm about to say, I'm going to speculate anyway.

    What if the "one more thing..." feature we haven't heard about yet is actually that the Moto X is the next Nexus? All 4.3 devices will eventually be updated with that camera or maybe they're only using it for the new Droids and the X will have the AOSP camera? I really doubt this, but that'd be cool too. It would also explain the lack of any leaks about a new Nexus device (5 or whatever).
    One more thing could be any of the features that we have speculated about but been in any of the "official" leaks... Just saying

    Sent from my SCH-I535
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
    dcunited08 likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Could the Moto X be the next.. NE-X-US

    I vote no, it has been shown with 4.2. Nexus devices normally come out with a new version of Android and so, if it were a nexus, it would have been shown last week.

    Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Could the Moto X be the next.. NE-X-US

    It's not enough of an upgrade from the n4. Spec wise, it's almost the same.

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP
  8. #8  
    svfd757's Avatar

    Posts
    696 Posts
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

    Default Re: Could the Moto X be the next.. NE-X-US

    Quote Originally Posted by benhmadison View Post
    It's not enough of an upgrade from the n4. Spec wise, it's almost the same.

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    4g LTE is enough of a reason to drop the nexus 4
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!
    jbruha likes this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Could the Moto X be the next.. NE-X-US

    Quote Originally Posted by svfd757 View Post
    4g LTE is enough of a reason to drop the nexus 4
    paired with a better camera and better battery life...I agree.
    jbruha likes this.
  10. #10  
    cbatiste1993's Avatar

    Posts
    96 Posts
    ROM
    Rooted & Stock (both)

    Default Re: Could the Moto X be the next.. NE-X-US

    I'm not sure if the new nexus will be as cheap especially if Motorola prices the X to be below the N4. I'm waiting until October just in case, if there's no nexus 5 then I'm getting the Moto X.

    Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. When will the reviews come out?
    By p08757 in forum Motorola Droid MAXX
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-15-2013, 10:18 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-08-2013, 09:33 PM
  3. 4G icon keeps appearing in the notification bar
    By Silvadeen in forum HTC myTouch 4G
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-03-2013, 10:16 PM
  4. Chrome Tab to TV Produces Image with Half the Pixels
    By CreeperCode in forum Google Chromecast
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-30-2013, 05:43 PM
  5. My PC casts the Chrome tab but my wife's laptop can't
    By grafx1 in forum Google Chromecast
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-30-2013, 07:32 AM

Posting Permissions

B