Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Rooted & Stock (both)

Default Tomorrow is the day!!

The unveiling is tomorrow and I'm super excited! How is everyone passing the time on what seems to be the longest day of the the year? I'm studying for physics, woohoo!

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app
    Euan Tan likes this.

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Tomorrow is the day!!

Playing FF9 third disc and trying get to the forth by end of the day. Tomorrow I will be at work and miss the first couple hours of live event.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

I am prepping my google accounts.... I've been a flip-flop user between Android and iPhone. Since I am currently using my iPhone as the daily driver I am getting my google account(s) all ready to go again.

That hardest part for me is the waiting and wondering. We all know the event is tomorrow, and we all know most of the details, besides the last minute surprises they may announce, however, I want to know when, where, and how much. I want to to enter my CC number into a website and press "order/submit"!
    Thanked by:
    areyes163 and shaytoon21 like this.

Global Posts
    1,149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by cbatiste1993 View Post
    The unveiling is tomorrow and I'm super excited! How is everyone passing the time on what seems to be the longest day of the the year? I'm studying for physics, woohoo!

Sitting at work waiting, waiting, waiting for the night to come, so that I may close my eyes and awake to the rising sun. My Verizon Nexus will sit on my bedside table not knowing that the end is near. I just hope Verizon gets this right and does not lock it down, is what i fear.

So I will do what I can to past the time......

@ work, trying to keep my head tied up til tomorrow...do we know what time this is going to be announced??
    ChuckG73 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by shaytoon21 View Post
    @ work, trying to keep my head tied up til tomorrow...do we know what time this is going to be announced??
    8pm to 1am EST. They will have a introduction but I am sure they will announce the device in the first hour. Then will break the event into segments I assume some quick rehashing of software features renamed from Droid event then quickly on to specific features to the Moto X.

I think they will have segment on customizing and personalizing the device. Another segment on battery life if they did more to the Moto X then just adding a X8.(Hopefully they did because I would like see what they can do beyond hardware to improve battery life.) Overall I think the event will be theme to show how Moto the X is meant to seamlessly flow with our daily routine. I am also sure they will make not to address relationship between Google and Moto stands.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by bunique4life05; 07-31-2013 at 12:26 PM.
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    ______
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I thought 8PM was the after party...when is the unveiling?

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckG73 View Post
    I thought 8PM was the after party...when is the unveiling?
    It is a press event party.

Solve
    Answer
    ______

Has anybody started the official countdown yet to when people are gonna start complaining about the x?

Posted via Android Central App
    I customized my signature using Motomaker
    moosc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tdizzel View Post
    Has anybody started the official countdown yet to when people are gonna start complaining about the x?
    People have already been complaining about the X.
    Thanked by:
    somdave2005 and D1andOnlyOmen like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tdizzel View Post
    Yes, its found under the thread; "Moto X SUCKS!!!" created by none other than jealous apple fanboys because their inferior phone is garbage. tell me, iphone lovers, how does it feel using a phone to where you need to work for it? Siri: "Im sorry, i dont understand that command" of course you dont.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ROM
    Rooted & Stock (both)

Quote Originally Posted by shaytoon21 View Post
    Yes, its found under the thread; "Moto X SUCKS!!!" created by none other than jealous apple fanboys because their inferior phone is garbage. tell me, iphone lovers, how does it feel using a phone to where you need to work for it? Siri: "Im sorry, i dont understand that command" of course you dont.
    "You can't do put an sd card there, or there, or there, or there. I'm sorry, I can't do more than one thing at once." Love that commercial haha

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

I'm sure AC will live broadcast as well, but this is the first place I saw a time other than 8pm ET listed. Looks like noon pacific/3pm eastern.

It's is a big week for Motorola. The company is set to announce its highly-anticipated Moto X "the first smartphone you can design yourself." This Thursday, August 1st, promptly at 12PM PT / 3PM ET (all time zones), we'll be live from our studio breaking down all the news and impressions we can offer. There seems to be a lot we might know already both via leaks and even Motorola's own official promotions. You can get caught up with our handy little guide.

Afterwards, we'll take a very quick break and give you a regularly-scheduled Vergecast. It's going to be a very interesting day, keep it locked!
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,515 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Is Phil still on nurse duty? Who will be there from AC? Would love it if they sent jerry. Oh I'll be hitting refresh at 2am hoping vzw will release the HTC One

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheAspec View Post
    I am prepping my google accounts.... I've been a flip-flop user between Android and iPhone. Since I am currently using my iPhone as the daily driver I am getting my google account(s) all ready to go again.

That hardest part for me is the waiting and wondering. We all know the event is tomorrow, and we all know most of the details, besides the last minute surprises they may announce, however, I want to know when, where, and how much. I want to to enter my CC number into a website and press "order/submit"!
    I am the exact same. I want to switch so bad from the iPhone and I hope the Moto X will do. I'm on Verizon and the new Droid ultra line doesn't work for me. Mostly the looks. I hope this phone works out. I'm excited for tomorrow.

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Is Phil still on nurse duty? Who will be there from AC? Would love it if they sent jerry. Oh I'll be hitting refresh at 2am hoping vzw will release the HTC One

According to Phil's calendar (seen on his Home Screen screenshot), he's already in NY.

we are a whole 7 minutes in MotoX Day, and not a single announcement about whether it'll be released in the UK.... poor work Moto/Google
    moosc likes this.

Global Posts
    1,149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    It is a press event party.

It will be released this afternoon sometime before or around 3. The party is later.

Where did you hear this?

Global Posts
    1,149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The info about the phone is being released this afternoon. There is an embargo and no one can release their info until after 3 PM EST today. It is pretty much everywhere if you Google it.
    cbatiste1993 likes this.

Twitter has been blowing up about a 3pm announcement as well.

How I didn't see this idk

ZOMG!!! the suspense is killing me. hours to go and it feels like the longest day in the year.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,515 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Don't want to start to early. The west coast needs to be awake also. So 3pm legit

Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

ROM
    Rooted & Stock (both)

I don't know about you guys but I'm thinking of taking a nap until 3 so it'll come sooner, then again I'm way too excited to sleep. Benadryl here I come!!

ChuckG73 and neonworm like this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast