I had waited for this phone....but ordered the s4 now

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I had waited on this phone, I had used the droid since the orginal droid, most recent phone was the droid razr, Moto had a chance to keep me as a customer, but with the sluggish specs, I decided to go with the quad core, 1080p Samsung galaxy, so has my wife...hopefully moto will decide one day to up the specs on their phones, compete with Samsung. I miss the moto droids..the S4 is nice, fast, responsive..build quality sucks tho..........make a better phone moto and I will come back.

lostaggie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I had waited on this phone, I had used the droid since the orginal droid, most recent phone was the droid razr, Moto had a chance to keep me as a customer, but with the sluggish specs, I decided to go with the quad core, 1080p Samsung galaxy, so has my wife...hopefully moto will decide one day to up the specs on their phones, compete with Samsung. I miss the moto droids..the S4 is nice, fast, responsive..build quality sucks tho..........make a better phone moto and I will come back.

You need to see the tests people are doing. The Moto X is performing right with the S4 and is built here in the US.

The S4 is a clunker in my opinion. Had one and returned... Cores mean nothing when the system sucks...

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
You need to see the tests people are doing. The Moto X is performing right with the S4 and is built here in the US.

The S4 is a clunker in my opinion. Had one and returned... Cores mean nothing when the system sucks...

Did you give the S4 more than a couple of days with laggy text after first launch in April or are you voting with you heart since Moto X is 70% assembled in Ft. Worth ;-)

I'm not saying the S4 is better or worse than the Moto X since the public doesn't yet have first hand experience with both phones to judge. Label me a Samsung fanboi if u wish since I like their tablets, but calling the S4 a clunker seems a little over the top don't you think? Coming over from HTC and LG phones before that, the S4 has been an incredible user experience. Clunker doesn't come to mind, in fact I prefer it to my Note tab on some tasks due to its speed and connectivity. But if your out of the box experience was that bad I can understand your perspective since first impressions stick.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Did you give the S4 more than a couple of days with laggy text after first launch in April or are you voting with you heart since Moto X is 70% assembled in Ft. Worth ;-)

I'm not saying the S4 is better or worse than the Moto X since the public doesn't yet have first hand experience with both phones to judge. Label me a Samsung fanboi if u wish since I like their tablets, but calling the S4 a clunker seems a little over the top don't you think? Coming over from HTC and LG phones before that, the S4 has been an incredible user experience. Clunker doesn't come to mind, in fact I prefer it to my Note tab on some tasks due to its speed and connectivity. But if your out of the box experience was that bad I can understand your perspective since first impressions stick.

Samsung sucks. More cores doesn't make a phone fast. The optimisation does however.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Just want to reemphasize I am not claiming that the S4 is better, faster than Moto X, so I wasn't talking cores at all. I was just commenting to the other poster that I thought clunker was a little overblown. Can you explain what you mean by optimisation in this context. I take it you've changed your opinion of S4 and Samsung since your positive past postings. What was the reason?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Just want to reemphasize I am not claiming that the S4 is better, faster than Moto X, so I wasn't talking cores at all. I was just commenting to the other poster that I thought clunker was a little overblown. Can you explain what you mean by optimisation in this context. I take it you've changed your opinion of S4 and Samsung since your positive past postings. What was the reason?

I have a problem with them because my friends phone DID slow down and he was complaining to me. Samsung was caught cheating in benchmarks. And in general they use a gingerbread theme on there phones which greatly annoys me. I've just been put off by Samsung as a company.

Posted via Android Central App

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but what about the optimizations you referred to?

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Moto had a chance to keep me as a customer, but with the sluggish specs, I decided to go with the quad core, 1080p Samsung galaxy, so has my wife...hopefully moto will decide one day to up the specs on their phones, compete with Samsung. I miss the moto droids..the S4 is nice, fast, responsive..build quality sucks tho..........make a better phone moto and I will come back.
Samsung had a chance to keep me as a customer, but with the terrible build quality, I decided to go with the beautiful, well-designed Moto X, so has my wife...hopefully Samsung will decide one day to build a phone that doesn't feel cheap, compete with Motorola and HTC. I don't miss much about any Samsung device..the Moto X is nice, fast, responsive..camera sucks tho..........make a better phone Samsung and I will come back.

I like this game!!1one

lostaggie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Samsung had a chance to keep me as a customer, but with the terrible build quality, I decided to go with the beautiful, well-designed Moto X, so has my wife...hopefully Samsung will decide one day to build a phone that doesn't feel cheap, compete with Motorola and HTC. I don't miss much about any Samsung device..the Moto X is nice, fast, responsive..camera sucks tho..........make a better phone Samsung and I will come back.

I like this game!!1one

Yes my heart pulls me to the made in US but I want a good phone also...

I would like to know more about the camera sucks comment? Where are you getting that?

Right now I am trying to decide if I go with Moto X, Lumia 1020, or upcoming iPhone. Picture quality is important. I heard the Moto X is supposed to be on par with S4 and current iPhone?!?!

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
What if I told you the Moto X has the worst smartphone camera ever made? I hear it only has half a processor and can't even open text messages omg so sloooooow.

By the way I've never touched the phone or seen it in action, I'm just delivering the same quality of information everyone else is (save for the ONE useful thread where Phil is offering feedback).

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Samsung sucks. More cores doesn't make a phone fast. The optimisation does however.

It's very easy to spot someone who doesn't know what they're talking about when they make comments like: "Samsung sucks."

You may not like them or prefer them over another, but clearly they do not suck or they wouldn't be destroying everyone else in sales and profits. If Apple "sucked" they wouldn't sell so much either. We can be adults here and say we don't like something, but that will require that we leave the immature insults in the past where they belong. No major phone manufacturer sucks anymore. Everyone has a few really good devices available. We are lucky to get to choose which ones fit our needs best and then we can leave it at that. Apple doesn't fit my needs at the moment, and neither does LG or Sony. But that could change in the future and it's pointless to have nonsensical hatred for a company that makes it impossible for you to have an ounce of subjectivity when they are brought up.

lostaggie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

I had it for my full 14 days and really wanted to keep it. The screen was beautiful and I though the build quality was fine. Tried different launchers, settings, etc...

In the end, the laggy performance, especially in texting made me return. I have heard a software update might have helped but I couldn't risk going past the 14 days and being stuck with it if I didn't like... Also thought the camera was nice...

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
It's very easy to spot someone who doesn't know what they're talking about when they make comments like: "Samsung sucks."

You may not like them or prefer them over another, but clearly they do not suck or they wouldn't be destroying everyone else in sales and profits. If Apple "sucked" they wouldn't sell so much either. We can be adults here and say we don't like something, but that will require that we leave the immature insults in the past where they belong. No major phone manufacturer sucks anymore. Everyone has a few really good devices available. We are lucky to get to choose which ones fit our needs best and then we can leave it at that. Apple doesn't fit my needs at the moment, and neither does LG or Sony. But that could change in the future and it's pointless to have nonsensical hatred for a company that makes it impossible for you to have an ounce of subjectivity when they are brought up.

I really don't think that I have to add "IMHO" every time I post something. I really like the Note 2 and GS4 from Samsung but other wise "I" dont like them. Seriously I shouldn't have to add the "in my opinion" line as it should be obvious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37