Marques Brownlee makes sense..

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
In his latest video that i just watched, he explained the features pretty much.. But he states something:

GEEKS VALUE SPECS VS PRICE
CONSUMERS VALUE FEATURES VS PRICE

honestly, I've realized alot of us geeks LOVE spec's.. Im slowly sliding away from that, and just going the consumer way.. why? Because if it works, why complain?
A dual core that can do the SAME thing that a Quad Core does? I'll take the one with cooler features that doesnt lag and has an AWESOME battery :D

source of his video btw:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZX8graseUQ

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
That's pretty much the distinction. In the Samsung world, spec's matter because that's how it works to the capability that it does. But if Moto is getting much better results with "less power", better battery life and a solid feature set, why is it considered inferior? Obviously the one that performs better is better, not the one that could theoretically do better if there were ever apps made to fully utilize their potential. If you buy the theoretical capability argument, I have a theoretical bridge that's theoretically cheap-ish. The S600 can barely handle TouchWiz's app drawer with 4 cores, but the same processor with 2 cores is running right past it. Tortoise and Hare? Or just a matter of work smarter, not harder?

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
That's pretty much the distinction. In the Samsung world, spec's matter because that's how it works to the capability that it does. But if Moto is getting much better results with "less power", better battery life and a solid feature set, why is it considered inferior? Obviously the one that performs better is better, not the one that could theoretically do better if there were ever apps made to fully utilize their potential. If you buy the theoretical capability argument, I have a theoretical bridge that's theoretically cheap-ish. The S600 can barely handle TouchWiz's app drawer with 4 cores, but the same processor with 2 cores is running right past it. Tortoise and Hare? Or just a matter of work smarter, not harder?

AMEN-AH!!!!

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

I think I love you <3

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. Samsung added a bunch of features, and that what their marketing, "Look at what your phone can't do!!" really is selling to regular consumers. Though I go more on vibe than specs, Moto did some impressive things with this phone with its hardware. It might have only 2 cores, but its a high end phone. The quad-core's are only raw power, but that dosen't mean much at all. "Android lags, needs more cores!" Motorola is making this harware work, and its plenty sexy.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
He makes some great points but two things kill this phone for me:

1. Uses nano sim which makes swapping sims a PITA
2. No Zoe's and highlights.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member