Like Tree20Likes
  • 6 Post By Gamer_Radar
  • 9 Post By Darth Spock
  • 2 Post By TechTinker
  • 3 Post By neonworm
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Marques Brownlee makes sense..

In his latest video that i just watched, he explained the features pretty much.. But he states something:

GEEKS VALUE SPECS VS PRICE
    CONSUMERS VALUE FEATURES VS PRICE

honestly, I've realized alot of us geeks LOVE spec's.. Im slowly sliding away from that, and just going the consumer way.. why? Because if it works, why complain?
    A dual core that can do the SAME thing that a Quad Core does? I'll take the one with cooler features that doesnt lag and has an AWESOME battery

source of his video btw:
    PAST PHONES: iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, Atrix 4G, HTC One X, Samsung S3, Nexus 4, Blackberry Z10, iPhone 5
    CURRENT PHONE: Motorola Moto X
    OTHER DEVICES: Nexus 7, MacBook Pro (2008), Asus Win8 Laptop, ASUS Iconia Tab, Microsoft Surface RT, Custom Desktop Win7
    Thanked by 5:
    modern, jbruha, karn101 and 3 others like this.

Global Posts
    5,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Marques Brownlee makes sense..

That's pretty much the distinction. In the Samsung world, spec's matter because that's how it works to the capability that it does. But if Moto is getting much better results with "less power", better battery life and a solid feature set, why is it considered inferior? Obviously the one that performs better is better, not the one that could theoretically do better if there were ever apps made to fully utilize their potential. If you buy the theoretical capability argument, I have a theoretical bridge that's theoretically cheap-ish. The S600 can barely handle TouchWiz's app drawer with 4 cores, but the same processor with 2 cores is running right past it. Tortoise and Hare? Or just a matter of work smarter, not harder?

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    That's pretty much the distinction. In the Samsung world, spec's matter because that's how it works to the capability that it does. But if Moto is getting much better results with "less power", better battery life and a solid feature set, why is it considered inferior? Obviously the one that performs better is better, not the one that could theoretically do better if there were ever apps made to fully utilize their potential. If you buy the theoretical capability argument, I have a theoretical bridge that's theoretically cheap-ish. The S600 can barely handle TouchWiz's app drawer with 4 cores, but the same processor with 2 cores is running right past it. Tortoise and Hare? Or just a matter of work smarter, not harder?
    AMEN-AH!!!!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    I think I love you <3
    PAST PHONES: iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, Atrix 4G, HTC One X, Samsung S3, Nexus 4, Blackberry Z10, iPhone 5
    CURRENT PHONE: Motorola Moto X
    OTHER DEVICES: Nexus 7, MacBook Pro (2008), Asus Win8 Laptop, ASUS Iconia Tab, Microsoft Surface RT, Custom Desktop Win7

Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Exactly. Samsung added a bunch of features, and that what their marketing, "Look at what your phone can't do!!" really is selling to regular consumers. Though I go more on vibe than specs, Moto did some impressive things with this phone with its hardware. It might have only 2 cores, but its a high end phone. The quad-core's are only raw power, but that dosen't mean much at all. "Android lags, needs more cores!" Motorola is making this harware work, and its plenty sexy.

I love his videos.

He makes some great points but two things kill this phone for me:

1. Uses nano sim which makes swapping sims a PITA
    2. No Zoe's and highlights.