Moto X Until Nexus 5 - Reselling Question

Astrotrain00

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am currently rocking a 32gb GNex on Sprint in the Orlando, FL area. Sprint is TERRIBLE here and my phone dies in about 6 hours of light/moderate use if it's not on wifi (thinking it's because it's always searching for a signal? I ran a SpeedTest.net test the other day and got .10mbps down and .37 up! Ugh. Anywho...

I'm seriously considering switching to AT&T and hoping on the Moto X train. I'm thinking blue back, black front with white accessories (Go Magic!). My question is this: it was rumored yesterday that the next Nexus device will be made by Motorola. If it comes out that the Nexus is available in Oct/Nov and is basically a Moto X, say with a 1080p display and some sort of upgraded core monster - I'm sure the Android fanboy in me would want to dump the X for the Nexus. Really, what I want to know is, if this is a realistic/plausible scenario:

• Purchase Moto X
  • Use and love for 3 months
  • Purchase Nexus 5
  • Wipe out X and sell on eBay for $300-$400
  • Use said money to cover costs of Nexus
  • Ta Da?

Having never sold a phone before, I don't know if that would work. My thought process is that someone out there would want a Moto X and not want to sign up for it on contract. They can get a slightly used one in good condition for a few hundred less than a brand new off contract one, assuming they like the color combo.

I'm sure there's some sort of huge flaw in my idea somewhere, so lay it on me.

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am agreeing with Phil, as long as you don't get anything inscribed on it you should be able to take it and sell it and more than cover the cost of the nexus. Cheers!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

TonyStarks260

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like we have the same plan. The X is going to be a little more interesting to sell since you can go with the custom colors though. Might make sense to go with a generic color scheme if you know you're going to flip it though, appeal to more people

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Moto making the Nexus 5 would be very cool. I cant see any reason to get the Moto x for a couple months then switch to the Nexus 5. I know I will get the Nexus so why waste the $$ on the Moto X. It's really just not that special......

ultrrairon

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am currently rocking a 32gb GNex on Sprint in the Orlando, FL area. Sprint is TERRIBLE here and my phone dies in about 6 hours of light/moderate use if it's not on wifi (thinking it's because it's always searching for a signal? I ran a SpeedTest.net test the other day and got .10mbps down and .37 up! Ugh. Anywho...

I'm seriously considering switching to AT&T and hoping on the Moto X train. I'm thinking blue back, black front with white accessories (Go Magic!). My question is this: it was rumored yesterday that the next Nexus device will be made by Motorola. If it comes out that the Nexus is available in Oct/Nov and is basically a Moto X, say with a 1080p display and some sort of upgraded core monster - I'm sure the Android fanboy in me would want to dump the X for the Nexus. Really, what I want to know is, if this is a realistic/plausible scenario:

• Purchase Moto X
  • Use and love for 3 months
  • Purchase Nexus 5
  • Wipe out X and sell on eBay for $300-$400
  • Use said money to cover costs of Nexus
  • Ta Da?

Having never sold a phone before, I don't know if that would work. My thought process is that someone out there would want a Moto X and not want to sign up for it on contract. They can get a slightly used one in good condition for a few hundred less than a brand new off contract one, assuming they like the color combo.

I'm sure there's some sort of huge flaw in my idea somewhere, so lay it on me.

Yeah 1 dont get anything incribed on it and i would recommend selling it on amazon it sells much faster i sold my htc one x+ for 475 and if got the same ida as u get the next nexus but i wouldnt recommend getting it customized it would be alot harder to sell so i would recommend u just stick with black or white and just keep the box and everything like the manual

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Did I miss a Nexus 5 announcement?

Nope, everyone is just expecting it to be announced later this year. The nexus devices have traditionally gone on sale sometime in November, so we should be seeing an announcement or at least some leaks coming up here in the next few months.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital