- 26 Posts
Will the Google Play Store Moto X be GSM only? I'm
Inquiring for a friend of mine on Verizon wireless who wants to replace her stolen phone w the MotoX but doesn't want the VZW branded device and go under contract again. She wants to wait until its available free of contract on the Google Play Store. I advised her to check if they will be releasing a gsm carrier only compatible phone or if they'll also sell a CDMA version that is VZW compatible.
Anyone know which is the case?
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
- 08-13-2013, 02:38 PM #2a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!
Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
- 08-13-2013, 02:42 PM #3
- 811 Posts
Re: Will the Google Play Store Moto X be GSM only? I'm
But I'd say its unlikely that it will work on Verizon. Since they need to be registered to use the CDMA network for voice, Verizon has to approve which device is activated on their network. It's possible that it'll exist, but I believe it'll be the first time such a thing exists from the play store.- Kevin Bacon is my bananas.
- 08-13-2013, 04:14 PM #4
- By Android_S4 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 09-02-2013, 04:09 AM
- By junowatitis15 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 08-13-2013, 07:01 PM
- By Gauhar Mahmood Azeem in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 2Last Post: 08-13-2013, 01:47 PM
- By mstrblueskys in forum Sprint HTC OneReplies: 0Last Post: 08-13-2013, 01:03 PM
- By Jazzyjune in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 0Last Post: 08-13-2013, 12:34 PM