Should I get the Moto X

Makai5

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I need to unlisted the help of all of you. I own a nexus 4 but Phil has made the Moto X seem amazing, so should I buy it on AT&T even though I own a nexus 4, is it a redundant phone? Comes out this Friday please help . Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is there any reason to get it the day it comes out? The Nexus 4 is still an amazing phone--why not hang on to it a bit longer, and see how the Moto X experience is with the masses. Any potentially serious problem with that phone should become apparent fairly quickly, and you don't want to have early adopter remorse.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Is there any reason to get it the day it comes out? The Nexus 4 is still an amazing phone--why not hang on to it a bit longer, and see how the Moto X experience is with the masses. Any potentially serious problem with that phone should become apparent fairly quickly, and you don't want to have early adopter remorse.

Unless you're getting on on contract price, hang on to the N4. The off contract price of this is if you need a new phone or you dislike your current one. jmo. It's going to go on sale at some point, or there will be some special deal somewhere somehow. So if anything, i'd wait for that.

Last edited:

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I need to unlisted the help of all of you. I own a nexus 4 but Phil has made the Moto X seem amazing, so should I buy it on AT&T even though I own a nexus 4, is it a redundant phone? Comes out this Friday please help . Thanks

If you want a custom backing then imo its worth it. If not then wait for used ones to go on sale and get for a cheaper price. By then you'll know what the N5 will look like.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the Moto X would appeal to anyone with a nexus 4. Stop and remember what you have there!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

LTE and better call quality are major reasons to upgrade. However, I would wait and see what the nexus 5 has in store since you already have a nexus 4. Also, ATT just launched the HTC ONE mini and that is $429 outright.

Trojann2

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I sold my Nexus 4 for a GS4 because the glass back is the worst design of a phone ever, also it got horrible battery life. My GS4 gets me 2 days easy. I'm not selling the GS4 because I want a softtouch backing and form factore of the Moto X.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I sold my Nexus 4 for a GS4 because the glass back is the worst design of a phone ever, also it got horrible battery life. My GS4 gets me 2 days easy. I'm not selling the GS4 because I want a softtouch backing and form factore of the Moto X.

Sold mine as well and I agree with what you say. i wasn't overly happy with my N4. I'd much prefer the X, but whether its worth the upgrade just depends on your needs/want and how much excess money you have.

Makai5

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all very much for your feed back. It helped me decide, i went into the AT&T store and looked at it and was able to talk to the Motorola rep. The phone is the same thing as the Nexus but with some different features,and we no what those are. lol so I am going to stick with the 4 and wait for the Nexus 5 to come out.
Love Love this community.

Makai5

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Also I agree with the glass back not a good idea. I hope the Nexus 5 has the same curved back. My favorite shape phone was the Galaxy Nexus.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I own a N4, and the form factor alone of the X had me excited. Didn't think a phone would out do the comfort of my nexus.

Stock android, active notifications, great form factor and believe it or not the flip wrist to get camera (which blows n4 camera away) on (all things I would use) make this phone more than the nexus 4 will every be in my opinion.

Posted via Android Central App

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Keep using the Nexus 4. This phone is basically the same. No reason to sign a two year contract for a phone that looks slightly different and has the similar specs.

Sent from my HTC One

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Depends. Do you want active notifications and the always-on voice features? If not, stay with the N4.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I've had the nexus 4, galaxy s 4 and HTC one and I am absolutely head over heals for the moto x. This is the perfect feel and size if a phone for me.

sent from my Moto X

Last edited:

bandityo

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Guinn..have the iphone5, Had the NExus 4 and HTC one...all great phones, but this is the perfect fit in the hands...absolutely great!

Makai5

May 1, 2011
Visit site
after all the talk I went ahead and bought the Moto X.
It does fell really nice in the hand, and the active notifications are a perk but like everyone said it is a Nexus, just different hardware.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
The Moto X is also a Galaxy S4, with different hardware...and software...and everything.

But they're, like, both Android and stuff so there's that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech