Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Makai5's Avatar

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

    Default Should I get the Moto X

    I need to unlisted the help of all of you. I own a nexus 4 but Phil has made the Moto X seem amazing, so should I buy it on AT&T even though I own a nexus 4, is it a redundant phone? Comes out this Friday please help . Thanks
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Should I get the Moto X

    Is there any reason to get it the day it comes out? The Nexus 4 is still an amazing phone--why not hang on to it a bit longer, and see how the Moto X experience is with the masses. Any potentially serious problem with that phone should become apparent fairly quickly, and you don't want to have early adopter remorse.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Should I get the Moto X

    I don't think the Moto X would appeal to anyone with a nexus 4. Stop and remember what you have there!

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Should I get the Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Is there any reason to get it the day it comes out? The Nexus 4 is still an amazing phone--why not hang on to it a bit longer, and see how the Moto X experience is with the masses. Any potentially serious problem with that phone should become apparent fairly quickly, and you don't want to have early adopter remorse.
    Unless you're getting on on contract price, hang on to the N4. The off contract price of this is if you need a new phone or you dislike your current one. jmo. It's going to go on sale at some point, or there will be some special deal somewhere somehow. So if anything, i'd wait for that.
    Last edited by paisley99; 08-23-2013 at 06:58 AM.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Should I get the Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by Makai5 View Post
    I need to unlisted the help of all of you. I own a nexus 4 but Phil has made the Moto X seem amazing, so should I buy it on AT&T even though I own a nexus 4, is it a redundant phone? Comes out this Friday please help . Thanks
    If you want a custom backing then imo its worth it. If not then wait for used ones to go on sale and get for a cheaper price. By then you'll know what the N5 will look like.
    - Kevin Bacon is my bananas.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Should I get the Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsaucev2 View Post
    I don't think the Moto X would appeal to anyone with a nexus 4. Stop and remember what you have there!

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC
    LTE and better call quality are major reasons to upgrade. However, I would wait and see what the nexus 5 has in store since you already have a nexus 4. Also, ATT just launched the HTC ONE mini and that is $429 outright.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Should I get the Moto X

    here is what i am going to do buy moto X from ATT. use it for a month and sell it.
    Moto X is a nice phone so is my N4
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Should I get the Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    here is what i am going to do buy moto X from ATT. use it for a month and sell it.
    Moto X is a nice phone so is my N4
    Good idea. Make sure you pick up a 32GB version and sell it to me a month later!
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Should I get the Moto X

    I sold my Nexus 4 for a GS4 because the glass back is the worst design of a phone ever, also it got horrible battery life. My GS4 gets me 2 days easy. I'm not selling the GS4 because I want a softtouch backing and form factore of the Moto X.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Should I get the Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by Trojann2 View Post
    I sold my Nexus 4 for a GS4 because the glass back is the worst design of a phone ever, also it got horrible battery life. My GS4 gets me 2 days easy. I'm not selling the GS4 because I want a softtouch backing and form factore of the Moto X.
    Sold mine as well and I agree with what you say. i wasn't overly happy with my N4. I'd much prefer the X, but whether its worth the upgrade just depends on your needs/want and how much excess money you have.
    - Kevin Bacon is my bananas.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    Makai5's Avatar

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I get the Moto X

    Thank you all very much for your feed back. It helped me decide, i went into the AT&T store and looked at it and was able to talk to the Motorola rep. The phone is the same thing as the Nexus but with some different features,and we no what those are. lol so I am going to stick with the 4 and wait for the Nexus 5 to come out.
    Love Love this community.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    Makai5's Avatar

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I get the Moto X

    Also I agree with the glass back not a good idea. I hope the Nexus 5 has the same curved back. My favorite shape phone was the Galaxy Nexus.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Should I get the Moto X

    We have to admit though, the back of the nexus 4 is pretty sexy.
    Thanked by:
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Should I get the Moto X

    I own a N4, and the form factor alone of the X had me excited. Didn't think a phone would out do the comfort of my nexus.

    Stock android, active notifications, great form factor and believe it or not the flip wrist to get camera (which blows n4 camera away) on (all things I would use) make this phone more than the nexus 4 will every be in my opinion.

    Posted via Android Central App
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Should I get the Moto X

    Keep using the Nexus 4. This phone is basically the same. No reason to sign a two year contract for a phone that looks slightly different and has the similar specs.

    Sent from my HTC One
  16. #16  
    karn101's Avatar

    Posts
    226 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I get the Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by Makai5 View Post
    I need to unlisted the help of all of you. I own a nexus 4 but Phil has made the Moto X seem amazing, so should I buy it on AT&T even though I own a nexus 4, is it a redundant phone? Comes out this Friday please help . Thanks
    Depends. Do you want active notifications and the always-on voice features? If not, stay with the N4.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Should I get the Moto X

    I've had the nexus 4, galaxy s 4 and HTC one and I am absolutely head over heals for the moto x. This is the perfect feel and size if a phone for me.

    sent from my Moto X
    Last edited by guinnkevinr; 08-24-2013 at 06:34 PM.
    Thanked by:
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Should I get the Moto X

    I agree with Guinn..have the iphone5, Had the NExus 4 and HTC one...all great phones, but this is the perfect fit in the hands...absolutely great!
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  
    Makai5's Avatar

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I get the Moto X

    after all the talk I went ahead and bought the Moto X.
    It does fell really nice in the hand, and the active notifications are a perk but like everyone said it is a Nexus, just different hardware.
  20. #20  
    JungleLarry's Avatar

    Posts
    666 Posts
    Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

    Default Re: Should I get the Moto X

    The Moto X is also a Galaxy S4, with different hardware...and software...and everything.

    But they're, like, both Android and stuff so there's that.
  21. #21  
    Jennifer Stough's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,029 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I get the Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by JungleLarry View Post
    The Moto X is also a Galaxy S4, with different hardware...and software...and everything.

    But they're, like, both Android and stuff so there's that.
    The snide little comments aren't necessary.
    Thanked by:
  22. #22  
    JungleLarry's Avatar

    Posts
    666 Posts
    Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

    Default Re: Should I get the Moto X

    Neither are logical fallacies disguised as primary information. But hey, you're the boss.
  23. #23  
    Jennifer Stough's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,029 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I get the Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by JungleLarry View Post
    Neither are logical fallacies disguised as primary information. But hey, you're the boss.
    No, I'm not "the boss."

    If you don't agree with the statement, why not try to correct it? Assuming you can do so without insulting someone or using foul language, there is nothing wrong with disagreement. We encourage thoughtful and factual discussion. What we don't encourage is posts that can be perceived as just for the sake of enticing an unproductive argument, or otherwise trolling. You already took the time to respond with a snarky and sarcastic post. Imagine how much more productive the conversation would have been had you took that time to respond with a counter argument of why the X is not like a nexus.

    It's a common misconception among many people that phones that run vanilla android, or something very similar, and are made available by Google, must be a part of the nexus line. Instead of mocking them, it could be very helpful to explain to them the differences.
    Thanked by:
    B. Diddy likes this.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Should I get the Moto X

    I would love to have a Nexus 4, and would buy one over the Moto X even though the N4 is almost a year old.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
  25. #25  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    5,707 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Should I get the Moto X

    For this comparison, Pros are items that are not true of the other device.

    Pros of Nexus 4:


    1. It's a Nexus
    2. Instant updates to the (3)
    3. Best software
    4. First and most reliable access to new features
    5. Factory images stored online (easy recovery)
    6. Easy to unlock, etc.
    7. An amazing development community.
    8. Low off-contract price because of Google subsidy
    9. Photosphere
    10. One of the best displays on a device


    Pros of the Moto X:


    1. Available on CDMA carriers
    2. Has LTE access
    3. Always On Touchless Controls
    4. Active Notifications
    5. Fastest/Smoothest device (phone) available to date
    6. Customization (external cosmetic)
    7. 32GB is an option
    8. Much better battery life
    9. More compact design, reviewed as one of the best feeling (in the hand) devices ever made
    10. Presumably more durable materials (than glass)


    Reading through these two lists creates an obvious picture of one device that is made primarily for tinkering, a developer or software enthusiasts's device and one that is meant to provide an amazing mainstream experience.

    It's easy to justify one over the other on a variety of individual things, but honestly I think the Nexus 4 may have finally been soundly unseated from it's position as the best device available. With the HTC One it's been close for 4 months (the experiences are so wildly different it's hard to compare), but for mainstream consumers (and even some of us nerds) the Moto X just might be the best device available.

    Good news for Nexus enthusiasts, there is a refresh due soon (2-3 months) that will hopefully make this a much tougher fight to call!

    ​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

    Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

    Thanked by:
    B. Diddy likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Did my first ISIS transaction tonight using the MAXX
    By alee in forum Motorola Droid MAXX
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-16-2014, 08:32 AM
  2. Do your keys at bottom of screen stay lighted all the time?
    By ces911#WP in forum Motorola Droid Ultra
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-26-2013, 06:45 AM
  3. Trouble using the $50 WatchOn credit for purchases
    By eyecon82 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2013, 11:58 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2013, 11:45 PM
  5. How to stop S4 from reading the contacts on a sim card?
    By BrWarner in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2013, 11:32 PM

Posting Permissions

B