Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree614Likes

Default Re: Share your Moto X Moto Maker design here!

New android user upgrading from an iphone 4, and this is probably the most excited I've ever been about a phone. Should be here Thursday.
    Thanked by 2:
    JLiRD808 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyfear View Post
    New android user upgrading from an iphone 4, and this is probably the most excited I've ever been about a phone. Should be here Thursday.
    You're going to love it

Posted via Android Central App

ROM
    GummyCharged 1.75/PBJT

Lot of cool designs here. I'm having trouble choosing out of these:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Share your Moto X Moto Maker design here!-uploadfromtaptalk1381147338532.jpg   Share your Moto X Moto Maker design here!-uploadfromtaptalk1381147357235.jpg   Share your Moto X Moto Maker design here!-uploadfromtaptalk1381147371961.jpg   Share your Moto X Moto Maker design here!-uploadfromtaptalk1381147389018.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ne0ne View Post
    Am I the only one on att who DIDNT customize the moto x ? I almost did all black with metallic yellow accents. Personally am fine with all black. Got the silver htc one in one pocket and the moto in the other. Two best android phones right Now IMO. Next phone will be the new nexus

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2
    I went plain black front and back, with silver accents, which I believe is pretty much stock-ish. Had to Moto-Maker because I wanted 32G. Don't know if I really need it, but, will eventually fill it with more music and an archive of favorite podcasts if I have space after a few months.

OH, and as I've posted elsewhere, I got the phone well within the 4 day promise and I live about as far from Texas as you can get in the US. Ordered it around 9 pm my time on Monday, received it around 6 pm Thursday.
    Last edited by Camilo; 10-07-2013 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tonymhoffman View Post
    You're going to love it

Posted via Android Central App
    Hope so. I've played with the phone in the stores more than I'd like to admit. Ordered Sunday night and now tracking for delivery tomorrow. Pretty impressed with that if nothing else.

Global Posts
    4,070 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Welcome to the forums! :thumbup:
    Enjoy and have fun with your new toy!

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Johnnyfear, please come back and tell us how it looks in person. I'm thinking of doing the exact same design but am curious if that blue accent looks good with the navy. I also have really grown to like the woven black seeing it in store. So I'm torn between your design vs woven black w/ blue accents.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 4

Thanks for the welcome, stargate. Definitely having fun so far. Learning some new tricks is always good.

dmark44, I'd say it looks pretty good. I really liked the royal blue also and was having second thoughts to the point where I figured I might take advantage of the 14 day return policy. The navy is nice and understated and the blue gives it a little pop of color. I'm pretty happy with the look. I can try to take a picture with a proper camera if you like.
    dmark44 and STARGATE like this.

I wonder if I will ever have the cajones to buy a Moto X with turquoise color on the back :P

Anyways..this is what I came up with

Share your Moto X Moto Maker design here!-composited-image-00000.png
    dmark44 likes this.

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Nice scheme, Bryantest. This Moto Maker thing is a great idea.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Nice scheme, Bryantest. This Moto Maker thing is a great idea.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks. These were the things that came into my mind when I came up with my design:
    1. Color contrast should apply - pairing navy blue back with a black front is a just a bad Idea.
    2. Blue accents - initially I decided to go with silver accents but decided to go with blue because it gives the phone a bit more personality.
    Last edited by bryantest; 10-13-2013 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bryantest View Post
    I wonder if I will ever have the cajones to buy a Moto X with turquoise color on the back :P

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	composited-image-00000.png 
Views:	369 
Size:	241.2 KB 
ID:	86188
    That's actually the first iteration I designed on the website (I was trying to design a Penn State theme.) However, after checking out the display in the AT&T store, I decided I was more partial to the black front. I also like the Royal Blue and Woven Black in person. Those two backs plus the Navy backs all have the nice, more pronounced, soft touch feel to them that I absolutely want.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    azdmelani likes this.

Automatic like for the PSU theme

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    alphabets likes this.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Name:	composited-image-00000.png 
Views:	369 
Size:	241.2 KB 
ID:	86188
    I really like this one, I have never had a phone with a white front so that is my first choice.

I also like this one but got blasted by the wife for being too "girly". What do you guys think:
    Share your Moto X Moto Maker design here!-moto.png

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Ingram View Post

Might buy it just cause it looks good.
    Can anyone who bought this design perhaps upload a real photo of the phone? I've compared Moto Maker's digital renders with actual photos I've found online, and the colors are a bit different.

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk 2

I might be crazy, but I think I am going to sell my all white AT&T Moto X, etf the line and rebuy the phone using these colors.
    Share your Moto X Moto Maker design here!-bgb-j1.jpg

Share your Moto X Moto Maker design here!-bgb-j2.jpg
    iOS and Android are BOTH great. iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5S, LG Optimus G Pro, S3, S4, Note 3, Moto X..
    Currently using LG G2, Note 3 and Nokia 520 WP8

mayconvert

not really digging your accent colors. might wanna change them to give your scheme a bit more personality. IMO

mayconvert

not really digging your accent colors. might wanna change them to give your scheme a bit more personality. IMO
    blue buttons?

Share your Moto X Moto Maker design here!-bbg-j1.jpg

and also considered

Share your Moto X Moto Maker design here!-bbb1jp.jpg
    iOS and Android are BOTH great. iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5S, LG Optimus G Pro, S3, S4, Note 3, Moto X..
    Currently using LG G2, Note 3 and Nokia 520 WP8
    bryantest likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cardman827 View Post
    I really like this one, I have never had a phone with a white front so that is my first choice.

I also like this one but got blasted by the wife for being too "girly". What do you guys think:

Name:	moto.png 
Views:	326 
Size:	262.2 KB 
ID:	89300
    I agree with your wife
    Thanked by:
    mayconvert likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cardman827 View Post

Name:	moto.png 
Views:	326 
Size:	262.2 KB 
ID:	89300
    I think it's great. Beautiful combination. I would go with a black front, personally, because I like how the front is just a plain black slab when the screen is off.

Anyway, who cares what other people think? They're just colors. If someone judges you based on them, that says more about them than it does about you.

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    I think it's great. Beautiful combination. I would go with a black front, personally, because I like how the front is just a plain black slab when the screen is off.

Anyway, who cares what other people think? They're just colors. If someone judges you based on them, that says more about them than it does about you.
    You know..having a "I don't give a *bleep* about what other people think" mentality is not as simple as you think it is...especially when it comes to colors.

What does it say about other people? It says that they're just following society's conventional perspective about what are manly and feminine colors. There's absolutely no need to insinuate anything else.

You know..having a "I don't give a *bleep* about what other people think" mentality is not as simple as you think it is...especially when it comes to colors.
    Actually, it is that simple. You can either choose to let it bother you or not bother you. It's that easy. Case in point: I wear pink a lot. Do other people comment on it or think it's funny? Yeah--mainly children, though (perhaps it is something to do with immaturity and/or insecurity). Do I care? No. Does it stop me from wearing the color or buying more of it? No.

See? Easy.
    Wildo6882 and ethertwist like this.

Actually, it is that simple. You can either choose to let it bother you or not bother you. It's that easy. Case in point: I wear pink a lot. Do other people comment on it or think it's funny? Yeah--mainly children, though (perhaps it is something to do with immaturity and/or insecurity). Do I care? No. Does it stop me from wearing the color or buying more of it? No.

See? Easy.
    Yep. It's only that simple to you. =)
    Last edited by bryantest; 11-03-2013 at 07:51 PM.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Thank you for the reply, I totally agree with the who cares what other people think mentality it just is a little harder when the person is your wife. It's funny though in clothes I usually tend to go to darker colors and while in the store she says to me "you know that pink shirt would look really nice on you" I don't really get it , but she is a woman so I am not supposed to get it right? lol
    bryantest likes this.

can't decide between woven white or black
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast