Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    854 Global Posts

Default pretty funny

how many AC members suddenly have no problem at all with 16GB phones when they see a new shiny. lol.
    Ry and Gamer_Radar like this.

Default Re: pretty funny

Quote Originally Posted by Rule9 View Post
    how many AC members suddenly have no problem at all with 16GB phones when they see a new shiny. lol.
    It's not sudden with me. I've never had a problem with them. If they gave me more then I wouldn't mind, but it'd prob be unused space.
    - Kevin Bacon is my bananas.

I personally get a kick out of folks massively bashing the X pre release because of specs that are now envious of the software features.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
    Mac58 and Darth Spock like this.

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

I have a GNex with 32gb of storage and am only using about 5gb. All of my pictures get backed up to G+ and all of my music is in the cloud. I have a Nexus 7 for playing games and watching movies. The smaller memory device is not a problem for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Are you reading the same AC that I'm reading? cuz i'm seeing about 90% of people bashing the phones only having 16GB
    I customized my signature using Motomaker

X gets 50 GB free Google drive space free ..if that helps to compensate a bit

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Had my Gnex since launch and so far I've used a whopping 6GB. With nothing in the cloud. I'm pretty sure 16GB + 50GB of cloud storage should be just fine for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    gamefreak715 likes this.

It does come in 32gb, both on att and developer. that being said, i'd still get the 16GB since i don't care to spend an extra $50 on the extra space that i dont really need.
    tonymhoffman likes this.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Just so long as there isn't 6 or 7 GB used up with a bunch of bloat "ala Touchwiz S crap", 16gb is good enough for me. The cloud is where its at!

I've always made it a point that 32GB is a minimum for me. I prefer too much and not needing it, than having to limit what's on it for the sake of my limited storage. If I'm going to spend over a year with a device, I want to use it MY way, no limits. Feel the same about battery life, data, etc.

For this reason, I'm getting the 32GB version of the MotoX. I hope that AT&T doesn't actually have the exclusivity on it, and if they do, that it's a short lived one. I find that AC has been the only one to say it does. I kinda hope they're wrong on this one. This has a been a surprisingly ambiguous point.
    Motorola Moto X on Verizon
    -Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx HD (Ret)
    -Motorola Droid 4 (Ret)
    -HTC Droid Incredible 2 (Ret)
    -Motorola Droid (Ret)

A few minutes if research will reveal that as of now AT&T has exclusivity on motomaker and 32Gb for the time being. Hopefully both will come to other carriers shortly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I would have loved to get the 32 GB version but purchasing my phone at best buy was a must do I could sign up for their protection plan. 16gb will do just fine knowing if anything happens, I can swap out for a brand new one with no deductible.

Sent from my Moto X

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

Bionic? Damn man, that thing was an antique a month after it was launched

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsaucev2 View Post
    I personally get a kick out of folks massively bashing the X pre release because of specs that are now envious of the software features.

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

I prefer drop box over Google drive, so no that don't help me

Quote Originally Posted by guesswhat_567 View Post
    X gets 50 GB free Google drive space free ..if that helps to compensate a bit

Quote Originally Posted by xoomer1 View Post
    Bionic? Damn man, that thing was an antique a month after it was launched
    This thing runs jb pretty well for all the **** it catches. Plus with safestrap, it's been a rom flashing machine

Ultimately, I find the general argument centers around local storage, anyways. Plenty of cloud service options. People want more local storage, regardless of cloud options. So while that Drive deal may ease a bit of whatever pain, it hardly solves their main issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Yes but the point is either way you're using cloud storage.

doesn't take much to amuse the OP.

Everything is a trade off.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  
    Banned

Global Posts
    854 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
    doesn't take much to amuse the OP.
    And I thank you for continuing that

Given that my Samsung Galaxy S3 has 16GB of space (yes I know that I can add a SD card but I won't), I don't think I ever had a problem with this.

With the amount of apps I've been downloading on my N7, I'd like a 32GB, but I'll probably stick with 16GB. I've been using Dropbox and Drive for awhile now with my past two smartphones and have been fine. If my phone doesn't have an SD card slot, though, I will need a 32GB based on downloading playlists for road trips on my phone since driving through Kansas and Oklahoma to get to Texas equals no Sprint service. lol
    Sprint: HTC Touch, HTC Hero, HTC Evo 3D, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    Samsung Series 3 Chromebook
    2013 Nexus 7

Global Posts
    548 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP B4 JB/Franco M5

Back in the day 16gb would have been fine for a phone since I always had a dedicated mp3 player with me, but not anymore. I'm always looking for an all in one device and that's why anything less then 32gb for me just won't cut it! That being said however, I did op't for the 16gb S4, but since it has an SD card slot it was no problem.

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

I can see where this bothers some people and it's a non-issue to others. If you need to store files locally for whatever reason (limited data connectivity, speed, etc.) then an expandable SD card slot would be advantageous. If you prefer cloud storage, then 16gb is fine. I'm using a total of 4gb locally right now, so I think you can guess which group I fall into.

Luckily, there are other options out there if you need the extra memory. No one claimed the Moto X to be the perfect phone for everyone. Do your homework, buy what suits you, and leave it at that.
    Westiemom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JungleLarry View Post
    I can see where this bothers some people and it's a non-issue to others. If you need to store files locally for whatever reason (limited data connectivity, speed, etc.) then an expandable SD card slot would be advantageous. If you prefer cloud storage, then 16gb is fine. I'm using a total of 4gb locally right now, so I think you can guess which group I fall into.

Luckily, there are other options out there if you need the extra memory. No one claimed the Moto X to be the perfect phone for everyone. Do your homework, buy what suits you, and leave it at that.
    Excuse me. There's no room for reason or common sense in this forum.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsaucev2 View Post
    This thing runs jb pretty well for all the **** it catches. Plus with safestrap, it's been a rom flashing machine

I loved my Droid Bionic. Was sorry I sold it when I got my GNex 'cause it was a lemon. Made me leave Android altogether, but the Moto X is probably bringing me back. Just sayin'......don't anybody be hatin' on the Bionic. ;-)
    Thanked by:
    JoseGui likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast