Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I Have to buy a phone today....

I have been waiting to try the Moto X, the next Iphone and Note 3 and then decide which one to buy. I am not tied to one particular platform and love both android and iOS. I have been on android for the last 3 years.

I have tried:
    HTC one and loved it but got bored of it really quick
    GS4 except the display and camera I hated the phone (Cannot stand touchwiz)

So I went back to my iphone 4s and have been using it with iOS7 for the last 2+months. Last night the 4s fell in water and Siri has gone nuts ever since.
    Siri places calls randomly; upon disabling Siri, voice control takes over and does the same thing. I removed the SIM but was connected to wifi and now Facetime starts placing facetime calls. Trust me all this happened at 3:30 AM this morning, all of a sudden and creeped the heck out of me :-)

Long story short, I badly need a phone and will be getting one as soon as the stores open today as I don't have any other backup :-(. I would love to get a Nexus 4 but its an year old and I cannot get one right away, so that's probably ruled out.

So between HTC one, Moto X & iphone 5 (Yes I am asking this on an android forum) which one would you guys recommend.

Don't give answers like it depends on your needs etc. Just tell me your opinion.

Peace
    Serenemind

Global Posts
    5,715 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: I Have to buy a phone today....

I'd say x then one then five

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Ry and TheLibertarian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    I'd say x then one then five

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    2nd. Unless camera is really important to you. Then One, Iphone, X

Agreed if you need a camera then the One or Five
    Quote Originally Posted by paisley99 View Post
    2nd. Unless camera is really important to you. Then One, Iphone, X

I have a nexus 4 and I like the x more. Such a better feel in the hand and its just as smooth if not smoother. Also the camera seemed fine. I'd get the x my friend

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    519 Global Posts

X all the way. No questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by serenemind View Post
    I have been waiting to try the Moto X, the next Iphone and Note 3 and then decide which one to buy. I am not tied to one particular platform and love both android and iOS. I have been on android for the last 3 years.

I have tried:
    HTC one and loved it but got bored of it really quick
    GS4 except the display and camera I hated the phone (Cannot stand touchwiz)

So I went back to my iphone 4s and have been using it with iOS7 for the last 2+months. Last night the 4s fell in water and Siri has gone nuts ever since.
    Siri places calls randomly; upon disabling Siri, voice control takes over and does the same thing. I removed the SIM but was connected to wifi and now Facetime starts placing facetime calls. Trust me all this happened at 3:30 AM this morning, all of a sudden and creeped the heck out of me :-)

Long story short, I badly need a phone and will be getting one as soon as the stores open today as I don't have any other backup :-(. I would love to get a Nexus 4 but its an year old and I cannot get one right away, so that's probably ruled out.

So between HTC one, Moto X & iphone 5 (Yes I am asking this on an android forum) which one would you guys recommend.

Don't give answers like it depends on your needs etc. Just tell me your opinion.

Peace
    Serenemind
    What many of you seem to fail to mention/ask is if the op has a large investment in iTunes/apple ecosystem. If he is the I recommend the iPhone 5. Also if he depends on imessage or face time a lot. As those are only available on apple devices

Sent from my XT881 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by HunterHeath View Post
    What many of you seem to fail to mention/ask is if the op has a large investment in iTunes/apple ecosystem. If he is the I recommend the iPhone 5. Also if he depends on imessage or face time a lot. As those are only available on apple devices

he says he's been on android for the last 3 years.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by paisley99 View Post
    he says he's been on android for the last 3 years.
    But he has been on an iPhone for the past 2+ months so he could be on imessage a lot...

I have iphone5 Now....getting the X wonderful screen size and best feeling phone I have ever held

The camera on the x isn't bad. It's not the best but it's really manageable in my opinion.

Sent from my Moto X
    return_0 likes this.

Which phone did the op get?

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

I believe Moto X camera can be fixed with a software update.

I recommend Moto X
    Ry likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Thanks a lot for all the responses guys. I really appreciate it.
    I got the moto X. Have played with it for 30 mins approx. I love stock android or almost stock android if you want me to be more specific.
    Still setting up the phone. I will post more details about my experience as I get to use the phone more.

Thanks all again. Love these forums. I will miss the iPhone but the screen size of the moto x and how it feels in hand will keep me happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Central n ohios best View Post
    Which phone did the op get?

Moto X Black 16GB
    Thanked by:

I got the moto X. Have played with it for 30 mins approx. I love stock android or almost stock android if you want me to be more specific.
    Still setting up the phone. I will post more details about my experience as I get to use the phone more.

Thanks all again. Love these forums. I will miss the iPhone but the screen size of the moto x and how it feels in hand will keep me happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Moto X Black 16GB
    Good call my friend...I've played with it twice now and I'm smitten. I just don't want to sign a contract so I'm waiting on it to hit GP. My nexus 4 is gonna be getting dusty till KLP comes out 8)

- - - Updated - - -

Moto X Black 16GB
    I'm thinkin about this phone. Can u post screenshots if possible.

I absolutely hate iTunes. And I absolutely love the customization available with Android. I also don't trust that HTC will update the One as I believe Moto will update the X. And I love stock Android. So X all the way for me.

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mcelmeel17 View Post
    Good call my friend...I've played with it twice now and I'm smitten. I just don't want to sign a contract so I'm waiting on it to hit GP. My nexus 4 is gonna be getting dusty till KLP comes out 8)

I was able to purchase the phone outright and pair it to an AT&T prepaid wireless plan. $60 per month and the phone will almost pay for itself when compared to a $100 post paid contact after one year.

Sent from my Moto X
    paisley99 likes this.

If I had to get a phone today and the phone that I wanted wasn't out(Note 3), I would buy a cheap 70-80 dollar Android phone that I could use on your carrier till the phone you wanted came out.
    markbc likes this.

Global Posts
    6,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I thinking the Note 3 will be worth waiting for.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE
    Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    I thinking the Note 3 will be worth waiting for.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE
    It'll be cool to see how the note 3 plays with their rumored smart watch

Sent from my Moto X

Curious to see what you bought!

I have an S4 and the battery life is tremendous (24 hours+ with normal usage), also camera is great. ton of great features. Can't say enough good about it. But that's me.
    My wife disagrees. She has an IP5 and she really likes it (as much as she likes any phone. ...(Oh, she no longer likes the camera -her camera has very clear good realistic colors, and was better than my old S2, but now, she makes me take the pictures since the S4's camera is somewhat better than the IP5. (don't get me wrong -both are v good).

She does like the Iphone's great speakers and great sound. But I would and am bored by Apple phones (and I even use a MAC!). . . The S4 is more customizable, more fun, and more useful for me. OK, that's us, and you're different. So our likes may not align.

It sounds like you are most comfortable or most invested in IOS
    It's an OS that you have used -so all of your stuff is there and you're already up on IOS7.
    Sounds to me that IP5 is a good choice for you. Unless you are bored using the IPhone and you are tired of the interface and the like.

If not, then it's smart to stay Apple.
    That said, you really could not have picked a worse time since the next IP5s/Ip6/IP whatever will be coming out soon . . .
    can you hold out until Sep 10? I think that is the day they announce. . .might be able to buy a week later. . .

Possibly you could get an ip5 now (ouch), then pay the restocking fee and get an IP5s within 30 days. Something like that. . .
    In the meantime you can turn off your cellular when not using the phone --manually as a temporary measure to keep the water ghosts from dialing. :-) .

Good Luck!

EDIT: Oh,,,, just saw the answer. . .Motto X, hmm that's a switch from I-anything :-) OK, Good luck and welcome back to the fun side of the island (Android side ;-)
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

@Markbc:

I was really wanting to wait till Sep 10th to see what Apple has up their sleeves, but had no choice, but to get one sooner as my iphone 4s with iOS7 beta 6 died on me. That being said most of the details of the next iphone are pretty much out there and they are really meh to me. iPhone is beautiful but yes I am bored of iOS. JMHO HTC One is a lot better phone than the iPhone in design, which is where iPhone ruled all these years.

Although iPhone 5s will be more beautiful with iOS7 on its already gorgeous display but the screen size is something I cannot imagine going back to after using android for 3+years. The only gripe I had with android was battery life and possibly google watching me every single second; Moto X solves the battery life issue and I guess even apple and every company not just google is after user related data these days, which calmed me down on the 2nd issue.

Note 3 is out of question, its too big for me to justify using it as a phone. I am in front of the computer all day and I really don't want another huge gadget in my hand to do the same things that I can do on a much bigger screen.

Coming to Moto X:

I really like the Moto X. Its a perfect sized phone and feels amazing in the hand, although the black one is a finger print magnet (I don't wiping my phone every now and then :-) ). Near stock android is beautiful and I am just hoping the updates will come in fairly quickly.

The display is not as good as HTC one or the S4, however its not bad either. Internet speeds are lightning fast where I am, with 24 mbps down and 22 mbps up on LTE in the test I did yesterday. I gotta say one more time battery life is simply superb which cannot be said about many android phones that I used except the Note 2.

Camera is pretty decent. Honestly to share them of FB and G+ the quality is more than sufficient. For everything else I use my DSLR.

I might get another phone before my 2 yr contract with AT&T is up but Moto will be my daily driver for the most part of the 2 yrs and beyond.

-Serenemind
    Thanked by:
    markbc 
    markbc and bigdaddytee like this.

I'd go for the iPhone... I used to own one and now I'm trying on the GS4. Anywaysss just keep in mind that iOs 7 is coming.

And klp is coming also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast