Moto X is overrated!!

Makai5

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I bought the X the day it came out, on Friday and today I returned it an exchange for the HTC One, So here's my issue.
"Ok Google Now" does not work as well as advertised, It is nothing like Siri which its trying to be.( you have to admit Siri works pretty well)

The Moto X is $250 16gig on 2 yr contract, the HTC One is $199 for 32 gig
the HTC has all around better specs, it has a bigger screen, and a better camera.
if your looking for active notifications like Moto X has
this app looks and mimics Moto X to the T- https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...greatbytes.activenotifications&token=aYUYLnv4
If your looking for the camera shake like Moto X- https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ioLogix.DroidShakeCamera&hl=en&token=QDcHQNDE

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
No app will mimic it entirely. Not happening.
Guess the phone isn't for you.

Posted via Android Central App

festinator

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Just because the phone doesn't work for you doesn't mean its overrated. Many other people love the phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I bought the X the day it came out, on Friday and today I returned it an exchange for the HTC One, So here's my issue.
"Ok Google Now" does not work as well as advertised, It is nothing like Siri which its trying to be.( you have to admit Siri works pretty well)

the HTC has all around better specs, it has a bigger screen, and a better camera.
this app looks and mimics Moto X to the T- https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...greatbytes.activenotifications&token=GpI3lB3r
If your looking for the camera shake like Moto X- https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ioLogix.DroidShakeCamera&hl=en&token=tp6Aifqn

they overcharged you, it's 199 on contract. lol
and google now has been around before the x btw

roadkizzle

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

this app looks and mimics Moto X to the T- https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...greatbytes.activenotifications&token=U-VAy9TD
If your looking for the camera shake like Moto X- https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ioLogix.DroidShakeCamera&hl=en&token=qAZvg9s3

Paisley is right. They overcharged you 50 dollars, because the 16 GB version is most definitely $199.

The faux-Active Display really does not have the functionality needed to accurately replace the real thing, in addition the Moto can do it and the always-listening microphone without impacting the battery life.

rajeshr68

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Paisley is right. They overcharged you 50 dollars, because the 16 GB version is most definitely $199.

The faux-Active Display really does not have the functionality needed to accurately replace the real thing, in addition the Moto can do it and the always-listening microphone without impacting the battery life.

You need to check this article before deciding.

Recreating the Moto X with apps on a HTC One

Not saying the HTC One is a bad choice for you, but it's not going to give you the Moto X experience (if that's what you are looking for).

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Google now improves overtime if you use it regularly with personalized setting ON, voice recognition is a science that is evolving, there is no voice recognition system in the world that works perfectly ..there is a high possibility one will feel underwhelmed when you use it on X initially as this is the first smartphone that puts a voice recognition system front and center and makes it touchless activation for the first time, X is the first phone that make the voice recognition system like siri/google now less gimmicky and actually usefull in some practical situations., without touchless what is the point of siri/google now except in some rare occasions...Also there is one big variable here when you are using siri you hold the phone in front of you to launch siri and give the command so the phone/mic is always perfectly position to get good audio signal, The challenge that X has is being touchless means you can be sitting anywhere and talking to it with the phone/mic not being exactly in front of you which makes it really challenging to get good audio signal, the fact that X still does a good job in most occasions speaks a lot about Moto's noise cancelling and signal improvement techniques.
I had google now on my previous phones but never cared to use it until I got X, so moving back to any other phone would practically mean no voice control over my phone. So I will basically take something that provides me that option rather than completely living without it ..and google is going to keep improving/updating google now so it should get better ..

this app looks and mimics Moto X to the T- https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...greatbytes.activenotifications&token=qGJiMISX
If your looking for the camera shake like Moto X- https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ioLogix.DroidShakeCamera&hl=en&token=ZVzEpSPI

Makai5

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok so the app is not the exact same thing but it does work.
the good thing about android is there is CHOICE and if I don't like a phone there is another one out there that I can, choose from.
I don't like the fact that Ok Google now turns on your phone and leaves it on so if it is in your pocket you have the potential to start pressing buttons without knowing it. I'm not a Android fan boy but I do like Android. It is not as good as Siri, that said Siri has had awhile to get better and I'm sure OK Google Now will get there to.

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Just a headsup those apps are real big battery hogs, So if you are using them and not close to charger turn them off!

the good thing about android is there is CHOICE and if I don't like a phone there is another one out there that I can, choose from.
I don't like the fact that Ok Google now turns on your phone and leaves it on so if it is in your pocket you have the potential to start pressing buttons without knowing it. I'm not a Android fan boy but I do like Android. It is not as good as Siri, that said Siri has had awhile to get better and I'm sure OK Google Now will get there to.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

Personally I've never seen siri out perform Google now. Interesting it was that way for you. HTC one is a dope phone though. I got it for my mom's. Still get tickled by how good that camera is in low light. Just hate sense and being forced to use blinkfeed

Posted via Android Central App

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Just curious:

How often do you say "Okay, Google Now" in conversation while your phone is in your pocket?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm also not aware of siri outperforming Google now. Maybe it's been updated, I'll ask my sister to test with me again. The one vs the x is tough because they're hitting different philosophies. Glad you found something to make you happy!

Nexus. Through spacetime.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm also not aware of siri outperforming Google now. Maybe it's been updated, I'll ask my sister to test with me again. The one vs the x is tough because they're hitting different philosophies. Glad you found something to make you happy!

I'm with you. IMHO, Siri doesn't stand a chance against Google Now.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you. IMHO, Siri doesn't stand a chance against Google Now.

They're kind of different programs that just happen to use voice really. I mean, it sounds like Siri is getting some more Nowish features in iOS7 and Now is getting some Siri-ish features in every iteration, so they're becoming more similar.

Tim_Katarn

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

My girlfriend hates Siri on her iPhone and refuses to use her. Just the other day she got jealous of my OK google now experience and pulled out Siri. It was hilarious and profane what Siri thought she said vs what she actually said. I'd post the screenshot but I don't want to get banned.

Having played with both I really like the google now option better. The only thing that I miss from Siri is being able to insult her and getting a nice comeback.

roadkizzle

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
My girlfriend hates Siri on her iPhone and refuses to use her. Just the other day she got jealous of my OK google now experience and pulled out Siri. It was hilarious and profane what Siri thought she said vs what she actually said. I'd post the screenshot but I don't want to get banned.

Having played with both I really like the google now option better. The only thing that I miss from Siri is being able to insult her and getting a nice comeback.

I feel they spent to much time thinking of witty banter for her to say than actually improving her reliability and functionality.

Strawdawg

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Google Now and Siri both have problems with my west Texas Twang but Google Now consistently outperforms Siri when it comes to pertinent information. The comment above about them having different intent seems right on the mark, but, I agree that they are probably growing toward one another with iteration.

lsutigers03

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

Haha I'm curious how that conversation went. If you still have the screenshot please email it to me.

lsufan6073@yahoo.com

Last edited: