Order from VZW without upgrading to a Share Anything plan.

gradam01

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Every time I try to upgrade my phone to the X, VZW will only allow me to goto a Share Anything plan. I want to keep my current individual plan, which is about $10 cheaper a month. I tried going to their iconic site, but it doesn't even show the X. Is there anything I can do?

roadrat

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Every time I try to upgrade my phone to the X, VZW will only allow me to goto a Share Anything plan. I want to keep my current individual plan, which is about $10 cheaper a month. I tried going to their iconic site, but it doesn't even show the X. Is there anything I can do?

On the Iconic page, did you click on "SHOW ALL DEVICES?"

1. Visit Verizon?s iconic portal website (https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/iconic/).
2. Sign-in as an existing customer.
3. Choose ?Devices without Wireless.?
4. Tap the ?All Devices? button at the top to see their entire lineup.
5. Find the phone you?d like to buy and select the amount you want.
6. Press the ?Continue? button.
7. Decide if you want to buy accessories, then click ?Continue.?
8. Enter your billing info.
9. Confirm the total.
10. Confirm the order again.
11. Pay for your new phone.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
On the Iconic page, did you click on "SHOW ALL DEVICES?"

1. Visit Verizon?s iconic portal website (https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/iconic/).
2. Sign-in as an existing customer.
3. Choose ?Devices without Wireless.?
4. Tap the ?All Devices? button at the top to see their entire lineup.
5. Find the phone you?d like to buy and select the amount you want.
6. Press the ?Continue? button.
7. Decide if you want to buy accessories, then click ?Continue.?
8. Enter your billing info.
9. Confirm the total.
10. Confirm the order again.
11. Pay for your new phone.

Or, you can just call and have a rep fill the order for you. That's what I did, and I managed to get a Loyalty plan that was $60 for unlimited talk/unlimited text/2GB data (which is enough for me). That's a $40 savings over the Share Everything garbage that they're pushing (and less expensive than my previous plan). It may be even less, too, if my corporate discount applies.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
How did you talk them into that?

Or, you can just call and have a rep fill the order for you. That's what I did, and I managed to get a Loyalty plan that was $60 for unlimited talk/unlimited text/2GB data (which is enough for me). That's a $40 savings over the Share Everything garbage that they're pushing (and less expensive than my previous plan). It may be even less, too, if my corporate discount applies.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
How did you talk them into that?

I called a bunch in the past in order to inquire about my ETF because I was looking to possibly cancel my service with Verizon due to their ridiculous rates. When I was finally eligible for upgrade, I called and asked to speak to someone about cancelling my account. During that conversation, the rep offered the loyalty plan to me; she said it was available to me because I had been a customer for eight years and had a solid account history/credit with them. At the time, I wasn't ready to actually upgrade, and I wanted to make sure the plan would still be available when there was finally a phone that I wanted, so the rep added the plan to the notes for my account.

Naturally, when I was on the phone with a rep in order to upgrade to the Moto X, the rep couldn't figure out how to add the plan to my line. He eventually figured it out, though, and I'm glad I'm able to stay with Verizon at a rate I'm comfortable paying. I didn't really want to leave and lose Verizon's network, but there's no way I was going to stay and be forced to pay the same for less data or be forced into a Share Everything plan.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
That's why I always upgrade by speaking to someone. An electronic system isn't going to offer me anything special. Some people may be fine with paying Verizon's advertised rates, but I'm not, and I wanted to make sure I was getting the best deal they could offer me for my business.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah share everything just pisses me off and I would rather pay full price for a phone than go to it without some sort of really good deal like the one you got. Especially if my corporate discount works on top of it.

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
i had to use the upgrade on one of my other lines which was a "dumbphone", then i was able to achieve this online while still keeping my unlimited data. i just had to call CS when i received the new phone to get it activated on my primary line.

- - - Updated - - -

i had to use the upgrade on one of my other lines which was a "dumbphone", then i was able to achieve this online while still keeping my unlimited data. i just had to call CS when i received the new phone to get it activated on my primary line.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63