Moto X Case

fierro951

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Really want to see a lifeproof case. Not sure that's going to happen any time soon, thogh.

Ditto! I would love one like the iPhone 5 Lifeproof case.

For now, I just ordered the black Diztronic because everyone seems to be happy with it.

Also the Poetic Atmosphere looked nice until they pulled it from Amazon and refunded my order :(

Posted via Android Central App

roadrat

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Incipio Watson folio 2 in 1 in today. It has a super slim case that snaps into the wallet and when you don't want to carry the wallet it snaps out. Great quality too!

I got the Watson and don't like it. I'm returning it

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4

jncryer

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
So, I've been a huge otterbox proponent with my current and previous phones (blackberries, HTC Sensation, HTC incredible 2, Moto Razr HD, Galaxy S4), but between the GS4's huge size (made huger by the otterbox - I hate it), and this phone's sleek profile, I've been looking at more simple TPU cases.

Here's a few I found on Amazon that I'm considering:
Amazon.com: TUDIA Ultra Slim Melody Series TPU Protective Case for Motorola Moto X SmartPhone (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories $4.98 Tudia
Amazon.com: Hyperion Motorola Moto X Phone Matte TPU Case and Screen Protector (Compatible with Sprint Motorola Moto X Phone / XFON XT1056, and AT&T Motorola X Phone / XFON XT1058, and Verizon Wireless Moto X Phone) **Hyperion Retail Packaging** [2 Y $6.99 Hyperion
Amazon.com: i-Blason SoftGel Flexible TPU Case for Motorola X Phone Moto X Phone by Google (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories $9.99 I-Blazon
Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case for Moto X / Motorola X Phone (2013) - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories $9.99 Diztronic
Amazon.com: Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit TPU case for Google Moto X - Red: Cell Phones & Accessories $12.90 Cruzerlite

Anyone have any experience with these brands? Ideally, I'd like something that covers the buttons, but doesnt hinder usage of the phone.

fierro951

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Just got the black Diztronic in. I ordered it Friday around 2:30 with Amazon Prime 2 day shipping and it was here at my house at 4pm Saturday. The shipping creeps me out.

Anyways... I love the case. Simple, not too bulky, seems like adequate protection, and the buttons work perfect.

And it looks very good. Like part of the phone.

kkeiser81

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I picked up the Case Mate Carbon. Really Great case. Keeps the stealth look on the Moto X Black.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...e-mate-moto-x-carbon-cases.asp&token=r4PTPF6y

Pick it up from Radio Shack though. Its only 19.99 not 35.

- - - Updated - - -

I picked up the Case Mate Carbon. Really Great case. Keeps the stealth look on the Moto X Black.

http://www.case-mate.com/moto-x-cases/case-mate-moto-x-carbon-cases.asp

jncryer

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Does the carbon have a lip all the way around the front, or just the sides?

Carbon Slim Case for Moto X | Case-Mate

- - - Updated - - -

Carbon Slim Case for Moto X | Case-Mate

dj ozone

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Ive got the Hyperion I like it! Its really good especially considering the price has dropped to 2.99 on Amazon with a free screen protector...
I like the fact that it doesn't cover the back dimple.

So, I've been a huge otterbox proponent with my current and previous phones (blackberries, HTC Sensation, HTC incredible 2, Moto Razr HD, Galaxy S4), but between the GS4's huge size (made huger by the otterbox - I hate it), and this phone's sleek profile, I've been looking at more simple TPU cases.

Here's a few I found on Amazon that I'm considering:
Amazon.com: TUDIA Ultra Slim Melody Series TPU Protective Case for Motorola Moto X SmartPhone (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories $4.98 Tudia
Amazon.com: Hyperion Motorola Moto X Phone Matte TPU Case and Screen Protector (Compatible with Sprint Motorola Moto X Phone / XFON XT1056, and AT&T Motorola X Phone / XFON XT1058, and Verizon Wireless Moto X Phone) **Hyperion Retail Packaging** [2 Y $6.99 Hyperion
Amazon.com: i-Blason SoftGel Flexible TPU Case for Motorola X Phone Moto X Phone by Google (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories $9.99 I-Blazon
Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case for Moto X / Motorola X Phone (2013) - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories $9.99 Diztronic
Amazon.com: Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit TPU case for Google Moto X - Red: Cell Phones & Accessories $12.90 Cruzerlite

Anyone have any experience with these brands? Ideally, I'd like something that covers the buttons, but doesnt hinder usage of the phone.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Anybody know if the incipio dualpro shine with aluminum finish is cool to the touch?

I have the feather shine. The finish is kind of a very thin aluminum like look to the back. Still a plastic feel that is smooth and not grippy.

Sent from my Moto X

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I got the blue Seidio Active and so far no complaints....except I still do not have the phone. Waiting on the developer edition.

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the pro shell. I ordered the black lining with the clear back when I ordered my phone. It's a nice case and very similar to the griffin. I wish they had colors other than black. The only difference is what you mentioned, about the dimple being exposed. The griffin case seems to have a little more lip around the edge.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Proshell came in today. As stated, not much lip keeping the screen off a surface etc. It is also much more solid than I expected. A bit disappointed with the cutout for the dimple. It barely goes to the bottom of the dimple. Same thing on the sides.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

roadrat

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
What didn't you like about it? Please elaborate.

It's way too thick with the wallet part and the wallet does not close with a magnet, but with a strap. It also does not offer much protection. Lastly if you use the credit card slots it's even thicker and probably not real good for the screen

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Lastly if you use the credit card slots it's even thicker and probably not real good for the screen

I would be worried about the edges of the credit cards directly against the screen. Do you have the ability to turn the phone face down in the case?

Sent from my Nexus 7

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
It's way too thick with the wallet part and the wallet does not close with a magnet, but with a strap. It also does not offer much protection. Lastly if you use the credit card slots it's even thicker and probably not real good for the screen

Coming from someone who's used several wallets in my opinion the Watson is the slimmest and most protective. I couldn't imagine needing more protection than the Watson but that's for my personal use. The strap does take some getting use to.

I have all card slots filled and no issues of it being to thick especially when compared to my old zenus. To each his own I suppose.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I got the otterbox commuter case in black. Kinda chunky but paid itself already when it went air borne when twisting to activate the camera. I got kids who like to test newtons law of gravity from the 2nd floor banister.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I got the otterbox commuter case in black. Kinda chunky but paid itself already when it went air borne when twisting to activate the camera. I got kids who like to test newtons law of gravity from the 2nd floor banister.

Are you twisting it aggressively? You can twist it pretty slow and it still fires up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87