Moto X Case

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I just got a Incipio DualPro in White/Gray and it looks great on the white Moto X. Got it on sale at BB $8 off their regular $29.99 price and used a $10 BB rewards certificate, so net cost was about $12. I've used Incipio cases before on my old Moto X and Droid Razr Maxx. I like the look and soft touch feel of them and they add a moderate amount of protection without adding much bulk to the phone. It's easy to put on and take off and the buttons are very easy to press through the silicone portion of the case.

Jay Gloab

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the Cimo case, or a knockoff (it says Jcase on the back, but it has the pebbled sides and the S-curve on the back) on my old phone (an HTC One V) and I don't like it - it doesn't fit perfectly (a little loose on the sides), the buttons are hard to press, and I hate the look of the S-curve.

I just ordered the Diztronic clear TPU case for my black X. I'm hoping it looks OK and the pattern on the back shows through. Failing that I may order the matte black one.
Pro tip: a frosted clear case looks really stupid on a black phone. It's a nice enough case otherwise, though the cutout for the camera is a little misshapen on mine.

So the Hyperion TPU case - the matte black one isn't totally opaque, is that correct?

EDIT: I just discovered another problem with the Diztronic, the lip around the front interferes with the left and right edges of the screen, makes things like moving icons from one homescreen to another difficult.

Ualrdynodo

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes this is a huge problem considering more apps are using the swipe from the side gesture... anybody found a case that allows swiping from the side? I have a diztronic tpu case and this is annoying as fck
Edit nm found lucidlores comment about his case
Posted via Android Central App

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I just got a Incipio DualPro in White/Gray and it looks great on the white Moto X. Got it on sale at BB $8 off their regular $29.99 price and used a $10 BB rewards certificate, so net cost was about $12. I've used Incipio cases before on my old Moto X and Droid Razr Maxx. I like the look and soft touch feel of them and they add a moderate amount of protection without adding much bulk to the phone. It's easy to put on and take off and the buttons are very easy to press through the silicone portion of the case.

Very interested in this one myself. Any chance you could post a pic?

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Very interested in this one myself. Any chance you could post a pic?

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Sure, I'll try to remember to post some pics tonight when I get home from work. I actually bought both the Black/Black and White/Gray. Do you want to see pictures of both or just the White/Gray?

Here's some pics...sorry, not the best photos.

Incipio Moto X 1.jpg
Incipio Moto X 2.jpg
Incipio Moto X 3.jpg

Last edited:

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Sure, I'll try to remember to post some pics tonight when I get home from work. I actually bought both the Black/Black and White/Gray. Do you want to see pictures of both or just the White/Gray?

Here's some pics...sorry, not the best photos.

View attachment 88392
View attachment 88393
View attachment 88394

Bumping for benhmadison in case you didn't see pictures of Incipio DualPro case. I did it as an edit to my earlier post and didn't realize that edits don't move to the top of the list.

RayMabry

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
what is everyone using, or planning to get for their Moto X?

i'm currently going bare except for a screen protector when i get the phone tomorrow, but will be shopping for something. not sure how i feel about those clear ones from motorola, and looks like verizon had a TPU and an incipio (otterbox commuter style) cases.

what is everyone else doing?

I bought an Otter box commuter for mine. I purchased a Zagg HD screen protector as well but currently am using the one that came w/ the commuter.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site

V10MPower

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Some pics of the Hyperion TPU Case in matte black on my Moto X Dev Edition Black Front/White Back

The pics doesn't show it clearly, but the cut outs are pretty exact. I wish the buttons were naked, but as they are, they're still pushable without the OEM click and with a little more effort than I would like. The sides are glossy black with a matte back.

20131029_013610.jpg

20131029_013627.jpg

20131029_013644.jpg

20131029_013436.jpg

Amazon.com: Hyperion Motorola Moto X Phone Matte TPU Case and Screen Protector (Compatible with Sprint Motorola Moto X Phone / XFON XT1056, and AT&T Motorola X Phone / XFON XT1058, and Verizon Wireless Moto X Phone) **Hyperion Retail Packaging** [2 Y

ryanjma

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I love the feel of this phone to much to get a case on it. I know I'll eventually drop it... but its just to nice to hold and type with without a case.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Some pics of the Hyperion TPU Case in matte black on my Moto X Dev Edition Black Front/White Back

The pics doesn't show it clearly, but the cut outs are pretty exact. I wish the buttons were naked, but as they are, they're still pushable without the OEM click and with a little more effort than I would like. The sides are glossy black with a matte back.

View attachment 89289

View attachment 89290

View attachment 89291

View attachment 89292

Amazon.com: Hyperion Motorola Moto X Phone Matte TPU Case and Screen Protector (Compatible with Sprint Motorola Moto X Phone / XFON XT1056, and AT&T Motorola X Phone / XFON XT1058, and Verizon Wireless Moto X Phone) **Hyperion Retail Packaging** [2 Y

I had just ordered this since it's so cheap, but with the glossy sides, is it slippery?

PDT816

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else with the Otterbox Commuter case finding you really have to push on the buttons to make them work? I feel like I'm going to cave in the side of my phone every time I push the on/off swtich or volume rocker.

Dave7744

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Bear Motion from Amazon in a nice green color. It doesn't look like it will add a lot of bulk but still give protection.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac