1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Custom Insurance

Anyone know what happens if you smash your custom job? How does phone insurance handle that one?

Global Posts
    5,712 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Custom Insurance

Interesting question... Anyone have warranty info?

Nexus. Through spacetime.

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Depends on the insurance you get. If you purchase the AT&T insurance for 6.99 a month they cover lost, stolen, and accidents. This is limited to alot of things, and have a deductible of 50-200 per claim. You can only claim 2 in 12 months. If you get the motorola insurance that they offer with motomaker they cover accidents, spills, drops (cant be sure), hardware malfunctions, surge spikes (may collect surge protecter, and etc... They do not cover lost, flood, wind, fire, acts of war, acts of god, and etc... This insurance is a 35 deductable i think(I know it's less than 40 dollars). While the phone is being repaired or replaced, they will provide a regular phone to use until your phone is fixed or shipped new. Ill see if I can find the terms and conditions for both and post

Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    Anyone know what happens if you smash your custom job? How does phone insurance handle that one?
    Motorola has 2 years accidental damage protection for just $85 ($3.5 a month). You might want to try that.

This should cover your custom job as well.

i just spoke with Motorola and they said that plan doesn't include anything you do to the phone by accident or on purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

i just spoke with Motorola and they said that plan doesn't include anything you do to the phone by accident or on purpose. kind of bummed since it seems like a great plan, but my prime concern is me dropping it.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Kinne View Post
    i just spoke with Motorola and they said that plan doesn't include anything you do to the phone by accident or on purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

i just spoke with Motorola and they said that plan doesn't include anything you do to the phone by accident or on purpose. kind of bummed since it seems like a great plan, but my prime concern is me dropping it.
    I had it for my Moto X. It is $85 and DOES cover accidental damage, just not loss. It is available to purchase during the first 30 days only. The rep was plain old wrong when they told you that.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Maybe the rep was talking about the standard warranty? I couldn't get a clear answer when I asked them if drops would be covered the 1st year if I didn't buy the $85 plan.
    The name of the $85 plan is Moto Care Accident Protection, so clearly covers accidents.

Details here.

From under What's Covered: "Accidents that affect the functionality of the device; drops, spills"