Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By paisley99
  • 2 Post By benjamminh
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default $99 in Q4

it will have a hard time selling next to a G2, Note 3,Z1, etc if its not budgeted into the mid spec tier.

frankly it probably should already be budgeted in the midspec tier, the One and GS4 have much more bang for their buck in my opinion (screen,hardware).

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Default Re: $99 in Q4

On the spec sheet, I agree. In features, the X is rich with them. It's very much a premium device. I'd still keep my One over the X, but if I didn't already own it, the X would be compelling.

Quote Originally Posted by philly View Post
    it will have a hard time selling next to a G2, Note 3,Z1, etc if its not budgeted into the mid spec tier.

frankly it probably should already be budgeted in the midspec tier, the One and GS4 have much more bang for their buck in my opinion (screen,hardware).
    the horse is dead! he's dead!

Interesting story. You can already get the Verizon Moto X online from Verizon with a coupon code for $140. I do find it amusing how much emotion this phone has generated regarding the whole flagship/mid-tier spectrum. I'll be getting the Maxx anyway but all of the top phones have their strengths and weaknesses. It's what matters to each person that's truly important.
    dj ozone and jephanie like this.

The code I saw was verizon30 which gave you 20% off, thus $160. Did I miss a better one?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by jclem22 View Post
    The code I saw was verizon30 which gave you 20% off, thus $160. Did I miss a better one?
    you can combine it with another code for another 10% off.. its in a thread somewhere on here.

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

Quote Originally Posted by jclem22 View Post
    Really?

Verizon Coupon Codes

Wow, pardon my stupidity! My math was off. Yes, the cost is $140, not 160. (I mean, why would they call it 'Verizon30' if its 20% off). Oh well, my brain is on vacation I guess.

I ordered my before I knew about the discounts and paid 200.00. Verizon was nice enough to credit my account back $60.00 dollars though. So If anyone made the mistake I did, you can
    still get your discount.

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by kodeicap View Post
    I ordered my before I knew about the discounts and paid 200.00. Verizon was nice enough to credit my account back $60.00 dollars though. So If anyone made the mistake I did, you can
    still get your discount.
    This is Verizon were talking about... right? Well then.

I think starting the phone out at $200 was a little iffy, but I understood it, $150 would be more favorable. $99 already sounds like their giving up, this phone is worth much more than that.

Global Posts
    345 Global Posts

Ugh, another thread with the word "spec" in it. Have we not enough enough of these yet?

This phone is NOT for the spec-whores. It is for those that want an extremely capable phone that just works- Something that has been said about [insert fruit here] for years. With the Moto X, many Android users will realize that you can actually build a phone that is in essence, greater than the sum of its parts and not "look how great my parts are" mentality.

Yes this phone may end up with a reduced price later this year but that would be somewhat of a shame. It is a great device and unless you absolutely require a larger screen, holds its own against any current and likely near future phone.

Posted via Android Central App