Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Kamron Erani
  • 1 Post By guesswhat_567
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What voice commands are available?

I would love it if the on the Moto X you could ask it to read the most recent text message out loud. That would work great for driving or cooking.
    Can you ask it to read a message or email out loud? Can you ask it to send a response text and send it automatically without touching the phone.

What are the other commands available. I have looked and haven't found a list any where.

Thanks!

Default Re: What voice commands are available?

I believe that you can go to your settings and have any of the newer phones read your texts & emails. I believe it is under either the "About Phone" area or "developer Settings" area.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Gibbens View Post
    I believe that you can go to your settings and have any of the newer phones read your texts & emails. I believe it is under either the "About Phone" area or "developer Settings" area.
    But not without first interacting with the phone physically, right? I think the OP is asking specifically if you can do those things WITHOUT physical interaction. I am also curious about this - how useful is the touchless control actually? Is it usually pretty accurate or do you have to take several stabs to get it to do what you want?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by gbkrip View Post
    But not without first interacting with the phone physically, right? I think the OP is asking specifically if you can do those things WITHOUT physical interaction.
    Yeah, I am curious how much you can do with never having to touch your phone. That way you can interact with your phone while your hands and fingers are dirty.

You can see all the commands by saying "ok google now, help me"

A week with the phone and I can proudly say that it does an amazing job at recognizing me. The only time I really use touchless control is when I am driving. I wear a bluetooth headset and place my phone in the cupholder (car dock coming soon). I am a person that drives with the a/c on max power and plays music at a comfortable level (Not too loud that people outside can hear it). In short: I never had to repeat myself once. Whenever I get a text while driving the phone tells me who is texting and if I would like to hear it, it then reads me the text. If I want to reply I just say "Ok google now, text Jim saying I am driving there right now give me 5 minutes." and it proceeds to compose the text. The only downfall to this is it does not send messages automatically like most other commands (but this is a google now issue, not motorola). I have to manually look at my phone and press "send message" but it is a lot safer than typing the whole message, and I used it so much I got to the point where I don't have to look at the phone anymore to press send my hand just moves to the right spot (Go muscle memory!).
    Thanked by 2:
    shaytoon21 and Ckidwell like this.

It does read your text messages while driving. It did it the other day to me and caught me by surprise! I loved that the Assist app recognized I was driving and read me the text. It also allowed me to respond with an auto-message telling them I'm driving (if I chose).

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts

I use touchless controls all the time to set an alarm for like if im taking a nap or cooking something... I say "ok google now" let it connect then "set an alarm for 30 minutes" then it responds "setting alarm for 30 minutes" and its done!

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

my question is, if your wearing headphones, and you say a command, does it hear you through the in-line mic?

Yes ..touch less control works through head phones ..I use it always

Posted via Android Central App
    duke1231 likes this.