another positive user for the Moto X

KHWong0425

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
hey guys,

its my first post, been lurking for sometime; like many on the fence, resources like A/C and the members on this board are a tremendous help in deciding which phone to buy.

I would like to contribute my 2 cents to the resource for future buyers as how A/C and its members have helped me.

This isn't my first android device, came from a Atrix 4G > GNex // Xoom 4G > N7. I had to replace my GNex as age was showing. I knew at the beginning I wanted to support he phone because it was made in America. But the specs argument and potentially locked boot loader on a ATT unit left me checking the nooks and crannies for reasons to support my new purchae. I finally pulled the trigger on the ATT Moto X over the weekend over the SGS4 and HTCOne GPe; as I wanted to keep as stock as possible// close to GNex without Sense and Touchwiz. I didn't wan to wait any longer for a new device.

Since using it over the weekend; I have not once regretted getting this phone. It does everything as all the reviews have said and then some. As a GNex user, the camera is already leaps and bounds better; with a bit of adjusting; I don't see a problem with the photos at all. Active notifications is pretty awesome. This thing is fast... real fast.

I'm not a big guy, but as a 5'7 Asian; I don't have gargantuan hands... the size fits perfectly, smaller than the GNex, and the weight is just right. It feel like a Nokia 8600 to me, you remember? that all glass Nokia slide phone? its heavy, well constructed, and the glass is smooth. the buttons though leave a bit to be desired.

the only thing I'm not fond of is the notification vibrations from the phone. It feels hallow... I have not found out how to turn off haptic feedback in Active notifications yet. But this is just my personal preference.

As a import car enthusiast, the Moto X is to me a well balanced road car. Like Initial D if you comic guys are into that kind of comparison. The faster newer technology in a car is not always going to win races... more so a balanced car is the winner. And the Moto X to me hits all the right markers

I'm glad that Moto and Google has hit first ground with this phone... if this is the really the indication of whats yet to come, I can't wait to see what else is around the corner.

CellGuy

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you on the notification vibration. Wish we could disable this. Hopefully someone will figure it out.

Posted via Android Central App

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm really liking the phone also. I was unsure about the screen being 720 after having 1080P screens but this phones screen is nice. I actually like it better than the S4. It still doesn't beat the HTC One but for a Oled screen, this one is really nice. The touch-less control is nice and speaking to the phone is really accurate. I can't wait for the car & desk docks to become available.

I was going to wait on the Nexus 5 but, I don't know what they can do to top this phone. If it's the rumored 5 inch phone based on the LG G2, I'm not sure I want it. It would have to be optimized just like this phone, and also have more accessories available.

maggard5

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Just received mine today and so far I'm loving it.

I'm on Verizon and I'm coming from the Droid X2.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile and hoping it will get released soon. I agree, I love the screen on the One, but the moto's 720p is so much more forgiving on the eyes. Its smooth, warm, and easy to look at. The HTC One's screen is amazing but looking at it to long hurts my eyes. Its as if its so sharp and crisp that it makes it hard to read text on it all day. Or maybe its just all in my head.

Glad your loving the phone, maybe I'll get some of that love soon as well.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

duke1231

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Got mine over the holiday weekend. It seems like every time I buy a new phone, I get buyers remorse, and the grass is always greener on the other side, but every time I think to myself, should I trade this in for an S4 or ONE, I can't get past all the benefits that this phone has to offer. Coming from a 4s, the only thing I regret from apple is how awesome the battery is on it. The weird thing is, is that when I first charge the 4s, battery takes awhile to start dropping, but when you get to around 50%, it really starts to drop with just the slightest use, but with the Moto x it's reverse. When I get home from work, I am usually at 40% with the Moto x, but I watch video, surf the web, check twitter, and it doesn't even touch the battery. Am I imagining this?

sunburned

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a 4s, the only thing I regret from apple is how awesome the battery is on it. The weird thing is, is that when I first charge the 4s, battery takes awhile to start dropping, but when you get to around 50%, it really starts to drop with just the slightest use, but with the Moto x it's reverse. When I get home from work, I am usually at 40% with the Moto x, but I watch video, surf the web, check twitter, and it doesn't even touch the battery. Am I imagining this?

I agree, it seems like the battery drain levels off towards the end of the day and it gets harder to kill the battery the closer it gets to dead. And no, the 'battery saver' was never on.

I haven't heard good things about the iphone battery. Everyone I know that has one always carries around a charger with them and has it plugged in at bars and restaurants at happy hour and dinner lol.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I haven't heard good things about the iphone battery. Everyone I know that has one always carries around a charger with them and has it plugged in at bars and restaurants at happy hour and dinner lol.

Two iPhones in my house and neither of them makes it past dinner without going on a charger

duke1231

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I have been on 20% for over an hour now, while I've been on twitter, checked out videos. Crazy!! I am so in love with this phone.