Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By tonymhoffman
  • 1 Post By ultravisitor
  • 1 Post By jephanie
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Camera shots before and after photo enhancement

Hi all! I've heard that moto x photos can be enhanced using third party apps. This is to correct that dead look. I would like to see some before and afters if it isn't much trouble. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Camera shots before and after photo enhancement

I'll take the silence as confirmation that the dead look can't be edited away. Thank you anyway, I was interested in the x but the camera is a deal breaker

Banned

Global Posts
    826 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jdhooghe View Post
    I'll take the silence as confirmation that the dead look can't be edited away. Thank you anyway, I was interested in the x but the camera is a deal breaker

Good luck with that....

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    471 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Or maybe no one wanted to take the time. This is the human race you know. I have heard that using some curves adjusting the pictures get more, colorful. I honestly don't see the problem in most pictures on the X. Looks real instead of fake. You can add the fake look in later.

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

Cool.

I haven't had an issue with my pics.. then again I'm not a professional photog like half the members in the forums.

Posted via Android Central App
    benhmadison and tdizzel like this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

From what I've seen, the x camera has the, as you say, "fake" quality. However, thank you for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by TechTinker View Post
    Or maybe no one wanted to take the time. This is the human race you know. I have heard that using some curves adjusting the pictures get more, colorful. I honestly don't see the problem in most pictures on the X. Looks real instead of fake. You can add the fake look in later.

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

I took a few pictures with the HTC One and Moto X side-by-side in the AT&T store and posted them in the sticky at the top of this forum. A couple people mentioned they preferred the Moto X ones.

So, what are you looking for? Proof that the images can be edited? A simple curves/contrast adjustment is all you need if you're worried about washed out colors and there are plenty of photo editing software options out there for that purpose.

From what I've seen the Moto X camera isn't perfect, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be. In fact, there are some folks here that really like it. Think about what you're asking them to do: take a picture they think looks good and edit it in a way that you think looks good. Perhaps now you can see why you're not getting responses.

I suggest going by a carrier store and checking it out for yourself. At least then you'll get an idea of what it's like to actually use the Moto X, if you are indeed considering making a purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by JungleLarry View Post
    I took a few pictures with the HTC One and Moto X side-by-side in the AT&T store and posted them in the sticky at the top of this forum. A couple people mentioned they preferred the Moto X ones.

So, what are you looking for? Proof that the images can be edited? A simple curves/contrast adjustment is all you need if you're worried about washed out colors and there are plenty of photo editing software options out there for that purpose.

From what I've seen the Moto X camera isn't perfect, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be. In fact, there are some folks here that really like it. Think about what you're asking them to do: take a picture they think looks good and edit it in a way that you think looks good. Perhaps now you can see why you're not getting responses.

I suggest going by a carrier store and checking it out for yourself. At least then you'll get an idea of what it's like to actually use the Moto X, if you are indeed considering making a purchase.
    Could you post a link to your One/X comparison? I didn't see it in the sticky.

-Sent from my Droid Mini.-

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

Quote Originally Posted by phositadc View Post
    Could you post a link to your One/X comparison? I didn't see it in the sticky.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=3019544
    Thanked by:

I'll take the silence as confirmation that the dead look can't be edited away.
    Personally, I couldn't be bothered to take some pics and then edit them just for you. I have other things to do.
    DamienThorn likes this.

Oh thanks I remember seeing that post a few weeks ago.

I really don't have time to do this a whole lot but here is a comparison I can offer. And for the record, I'm actually quite pleased with the robust built-in editing capabilities Moto provided.

Original:

Edited (brightened, adjusted shadows, no color adjustment applied):
    Thanked by:
    paisley99 likes this.

Global Posts
    471 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by jephanie View Post
    I really don't have time to do this a whole lot but here is a comparison I can offer. And for the record, I'm actually quite pleased with the robust built-in editing capabilities Moto provided.
    freakin wow. And did you do that with what is already in the phone? cuz that is great.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Has anyone downloaded the 4.3 stock camera? I did and the photos look much better on the phone screen
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Personally, I couldn't be bothered to take some pics and then edit them just for you. I have other things to do.
    Ok, thank you for the sarcastic reply though. A real asset to the forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jephanie View Post

Original:

Edited (brightened, adjusted shadows, no color adjustment applied):
    Thank you for this. This is helpful for me and others considering purchasing the phone.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by JungleLarry View Post

I am looking for proof that the "dead look" can be edited away as I have heard multiple times that the dead look cannot be edited away. I wanted responses from people who actually use the phone before judging. I can't go into the store and download a photo editor, and send it to a computer to view. The screen on the X has been shown to skew the look. This is what users on forums tell others, correct? Don't judge the phone just from reviewers and instead ask for actual users or use the phone yourself. Since in this case, I cannot send this photo to my computer, I am asking for non-sarcastic replies and from people who aren't ******-bags to help potential buyers out.

Ok, thank you for the sarcastic reply though. A real asset to the forum.
    I wasn't sarcastic in the least. I was completely serious.