speaker phone volume flucuates

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
So I'm now on my second Moto X. The first one had a speaker that made popping noises and even went off in a business meeting yesterday making a loud scratching noise. The speaker phone only worked about half the time.

This new one does something my other did also..when I used speaker phone it would be very loud and crisp then all of a sudden the volume would settle into a dim sound. Anyone else having this issue? I'm starting to think its a bug in software, what are the odds of two in a row.

I did a factory reset before I set phone up.

And a simple reboot temporarily fixes the issue

Posted via Android Central App

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
How is your music playback is that normal? with out any audio loss? ..if it normal ..could be some noise cancellation thing that made speaker phone output go low..see if it happens always or some particular calls.
So I'm now on my second Moto X. The first one had a speaker that made popping noises and even went off in a business meeting yesterday making a loud scratching noise. The speaker phone only worked about half the time.

This new one does something my other did also..when I used speaker phone it would be very loud and crisp then all of a sudden the volume would settle into a dim sound. Anyone else having this issue? I'm starting to think its a bug in software, what are the odds of two in a row.

I did a factory reset before I set phone up.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
How is your music playback is that normal? with out any audio loss? ..if it normal ..could be some noise cancellation thing that made speaker phone output go low..see if it happens always or some particular calls.

OK I just rebooted so as soon as issue arises again I'll start checking the others you listed. It was on multiple calls last one. If I turned off speaker and turned It back on it was loud again for maybe 2 seconds before it lowered back down. I haven't tried music playback though. I'll check that next.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

OK so today it started doing it again..tried music playback and it's very dim also. Any ideas? Gotta be software related I would think?

Maybe open up a thing on official moto forum? No popping like last phone still which is good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463