Just not getting the love

Ductman1

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Currently looking to upgrade thru ATT, have looked at the Moto X about a half dozen times, have also ,looked at the HTC one and mini, LG G2, no interest in Samsung, phone is nice, specs withstanding , not seeing the 199 " value" on contract, I know this is a Moto X forum however the HTC ONE Mini seems more compelling at 99 or the LG G2 at 199, now if the price dropped to where I feel it should be , then the phone would be a no brainer for my decision , hard to ignore the spec deficiency at the same prices of the " big" boys.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Currently looking to upgrade thru ATT, have looked at the Moto X about a half dozen times, have also ,looked at the HTC one and mini, LG G2, no interest in Samsung, phone is nice, specs withstanding , not seeing the 199 " value" on contract, I know this is a Moto X forum however the HTC ONE Mini seems more compelling at 99 or the LG G2 at 199, now if the price dropped to where I feel it should be , then the phone would be a no brainer for my decision , hard to ignore the spec deficiency at the same prices of the " big" boys.

If the features the moto offers, and its having the same speed as the big boys don?t interest you, I would def. go for the HTC. I would venture to say the HTC mini is the best phone in its price range.

Like most phones, it will go on sale, so if you can wait, wait for the price to go down if you?re on contract.

Think about in terms of function rather than numbers.

Speed, fraction of a second slower than htc/s4, maybe, so you might consider that a non-issue, then look at which specs actually mean something in terms of phone use:

Which would be more important to you:
More compact size for the same speed ? point, MX
Larger size screen ? Point S4
Easier/better notifications ? MX
Need best sound speakers ? HTC1

Need a good phone at a good price, One Mini.

But if you want the LG2, and size is not an issue, It IS fastest, best camera, long battery vs. all the other flags.

Last edited:

dad2paisley

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
If it is only price, I would go with HTC One Mini but once you have the Moto X for some reason it grows on you and each day I like it better. I also had HTC One and it was nice but kinda big for someone with small hands.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
You don't "get" the love because you're looking at specs and haven't actually experienced the device.

So long as you're judging based on specs alone, you'll never get it.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
What are you looking for in a phone? Do you like stock Android or do you prefer the UI that comes with HTC or LG? What additional features, other that what base Android offers, are you wanting in a smartphone experience?

Since you mention specs, note that the Moto X due to hardware/software optimizations does go toe-to-toe with any of the flagship phones out there. The LG I have not handled specifically so I have no experience with it. Don't let specs be your only guage as to the true value of a phone. Any manufacturer could put a Qualcomm 800 and 3gb of ram in a phone but unless they work the software the phone could run sluggish in 6 months and/or have a terrible battery life.

dad2paisley

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I think we all are specs folks, but I rather have a good experience with the device then specs up to the hilt. That's all I am saying on this thread.

Ductman1

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I would have to say my main complaint with the Moto x has to do with " yellowish" of the whites compared with either the HTC ONE or the Mini, I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Express with a low 206 PPI , I saw no difference with the display on the Moto X verse what I currently have, I was shocked that the display looked so much better even on the HTC MIni at 720 p than the Moto X, I do realize LCD verse Amoled on the Moto X. I was informed at the ATT store today that their might be a fifty dollar drop coming soon.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
If you think it is all about specs and then check this video.

Posted via Android Central App

exactly. there are a few videos like that and they all end up either the same speed or at very worst, the X being literally one very small fraction of a second slower...sometimes. The only differences are the additions to each phone. Speed is the same... it's all about whether you need an sd card (S4) boom sound (HTC), or easier faster features (X). that type of thing. The mini's are slower, smaller screen, etc. so they aren't in the same league as the flags.

Last edited:

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I would have to say my main complaint with the Moto x has to do with " yellowish" of the whites compared with either the HTC ONE or the Mini, I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Express with a low 206 PPI , I saw no difference with the display on the Moto X verse what I currently have, I was shocked that the display looked so much better even on the HTC MIni at 720 p than the Moto X, I do realize LCD verse Amoled on the Moto X. I was informed at the ATT store today that their might be a fifty dollar drop coming soon.
Not really a fair comparison, considering the HTC One's display puts a lot of emphasis on blues.

AnandTech | Moto X Review

roadkizzle

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

I would be well and truly shocked that you see no difference between a 4.5" 480x800 resolution screen and a 4.7" 720x1280 one. I have my Galaxy S2 with its 4.3" screen at the same resolution as your Express, and I have always absolutely hated the low resolution. It is always completely glaring and the pixels are prevalent in everything. It was especially a step down from the qHD screen of my Atrix.

That said, I definitely only see any yellowish tint on my Moto X with the screen brightness turned down. I think that the blue-ish colors on the One are more annoying personally.

The specs on the X are in no way behind the curve and it is easily worth more than any of the current flagships (I'm not including the G2 or Xperia Z1 because they're not out yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital