Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: makes a great first impression!

Quote Originally Posted by philly View Post
    could you please post a pic of 6 hours of on screen time on the moto x's tiny battery..

its battery advantages are more about off screen.
    If you to into the battery thread I have a picture getting 5hr 15min or so I believe it is.. There are a few pictures of 6hrs.

Also it is known that this phone dies not idle well, it did better during use

Posted via Android Central App
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Quote Originally Posted by tonymhoffman View Post
    If you to into the battery thread I have a picture getting 5hr 15min or so I believe it is.. There are a few pictures of 6hrs.

Also it is known that this phone dies not idle well, it did better during use

So could you get 5-6 hours screen on AND a whole days worth of battery life or is that like straight usage?

Quote Originally Posted by mchockeyvette27 View Post
    I think the HTC ones screen has spoiled me for any other phone. But I'm sure after using the moto x for a while you get use to it right?

A screen of such subtle change is really nothing to even consider when you're talking such a performance difference and features that are useful with the moto x. I'm two weeks in and still love the hell out of this thing. Especially active notifications. Literally changed how I interact with the phone.

BTW this amoled is way better than the s3 screen.

So could you get 5-6 hours screen on AND a whole days worth of battery life or is that like straight usage?

Both. Easily.

I got around 13hrs usage with a Lil over 5hrs screen time. With my nexus 4 using Franco kernel I got maximum of 4hrs screen time with maybe 5hrs total usage. I use the hell out of my phones for emails, calls, social media and texting. I'm hardly idle for 30-60 min. So often on a heavy day I'm 5hrs usage with 7-9hrs total cause I'm on the damn thing so much

Typical work day for me. Over 8 hours LTE, over 2 hours screen time, Moto X up for over 10.5 hours so far today. 66% left with every option on from assist to google now. Except bluetooth. I also use Llama to manage my WiFi when I leave home and to put my phone into quiet while I'm at work. I have never had a day in 2+ weeks that I have had to charge before I go to bed and I have also never had less than 6 hours of screen time with less than 20% charge left. Personally I do not see any difference in battery use between LTE and WiFi. One other interesting thing with my Moto X compared to my GS4, iPhone5 and Droid Maxx is that the second 50% always lasts longer than the first.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails makes a great first impression!-screenshot_2013-09-16-16-47-49.png   makes a great first impression!-screenshot_2013-09-16-16-47-39.png  
    Last edited by thegrants82; 09-16-2013 at 05:17 PM.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Damn this thing is sounding good. how's the build quality?

I really appreciate all the responses. Its a lot of money to be shelling out for an off contract phone and I want to make sure its worth the money. Its either I jump on this right away or wait for these upcoming phones and see how they turn out once reviewed.

I really appreciate all the responses. Its a lot of money to be shelling out for an off contract phone and I want to make sure its worth the money. Its either I jump on this right away or wait for these upcoming phones and see how they turn out once reviewed.

Well if you actually have the time then wait and see what comes out. Definitely wouldn't hurt to see what the Nexus 5 brings to the table. The Nexus 5 should be the best thing to come out this year. In my opinion that is.

I really enjoy the build quality. Its plastic but a much more solid feel than the s3 and 4. Im not a huge fan of the heavy aluminum design from HTC, if it were more like the iPhone 5 that would be different. By the looks of leaks the nexus 5 should have a similar feel to the new nexus 7 and I love that feel and would relate the build quality and no slip texture to the back of my moto x being close to the same feel.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    Well if you actually have the time then wait and see what comes out. Definitely wouldn't hurt to see what the Nexus 5 brings to the table. The Nexus 5 should be the best thing to come out this year. In my opinion that is.

Hopefully that comes out soon because I really do want to wait for that. My main concern for that would be battery life. Especially after knowing what's possible out of the moto x.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

I really enjoy the build quality. Its plastic but a much more solid feel than the s3 and 4. Im not a huge fan of the heavy aluminum design from HTC, if it were more like the iPhone 5 that would be different. By the looks of leaks the nexus 5 should have a similar feel to the new nexus 7 and I love that feel and would relate the build quality and no slip texture to the back of my moto x being close to the same feel.

So the plastic isn't really slippery in the hand? That's a big problem with the HTC one. The metal is nice but its slippery as....well, bare metal!

It seemed to have a very durable build to it as well, being one piece.

Hopefully that comes out soon because I really do want to wait for that. My main concern for that would be battery life. Especially after knowing what's possible out of the moto x.

If your main concern is battery life then look at the LG G2. But yeah I think that the nexus 5 alone is a great reason to wait if your not sold on the moto x. But I am still very impressed by the moto x. I would be a total moto fan if tech support was better but that's not happening.

So the plastic isn't really slippery in the hand? That's a big problem with the HTC one. The metal is nice but its slippery as....well, bare metal!

It seemed to have a very durable build to it as well, being one piece.

I has a custom moto with the cement back plate that was super slippery. Like ice cube slippery at times. Haha.

The matte black back with no slip surface is awesome though. I want all my phones to have that.

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    If your main concern is battery life then look at the LG G2. But yeah I think that the nexus 5 alone is a great reason to wait if your not sold on the moto x. But I am still very impressed by the moto x. I would be a total moto fan if tech support was better but that's not happening.

The g2 is nice and it has top specs but I really don't want all the software that comes with it. And before anyone gets on my *** about rooting and what not, like that last guy, don't bother saying anything. Just don't really prefer the phone. And it doesn't have active notifications. Lol so pretty much I'm waiting for that nexus. I know of all the other phones and what not. I'm just so intrigued by this one.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

I has a custom moto with the cement back plate that was super slippery. Like ice cube slippery at times. Haha.

The matte black back with no slip surface is awesome though. I want all my phones to have that.

So there's a variation on the custom ones? I am with att so I'd definitely be taking advantage of that but wouldn't want a slippery one, that's for sure! Lol

So there's a variation on the custom ones? I am with att so I'd definitely be taking advantage of that but wouldn't want a slippery one, that's for sure! Lol

Yes. It will say in the description for the color if it's non slip or not

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Yes. It will say in the description for the color if it's non slip or not

Wow that's interesting. Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by philly View Post
    could you please post a pic of 6 hours of on screen time on the moto x's tiny battery..

its battery advantages are more about off screen.
    Here you go! It died out at 6.45hr

makes a great first impression!-screenshot_2013-09-16-22-02-48.png

makes a great first impression!-screenshot_2013-09-16-22-03-48.png
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Here you go! It died out at 6.45hr

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-16-22-02-48.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	81771

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-16-22-03-48.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	175.2 KB 
ID:	81772