1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What changes in the "battery saving" option? I'm getting odd battery things happening...

all the sudden. I had great battery life on my Moto X, then i did an exchange hoping to get better sound to the call recipient and my battery seemed similar, 18 hours total, 4:30-5 on screen time. Yesterday i got 10 hours on with 2.5 hours on screen and today it seems i'm headed in the same direction. (i think it really does have a mind of it's own. lol. not only does it not want me talking to other people, but it also wants me to not go out all night. creeeeepyyyyyy)

I haven't done anything different, so no idea what's going on but i'll see in the next few days if it works itself out somehow, but until then, i'm thinking to use battery saver, what does it change?

Default Re: What changes in the "battery saving" option? I'm getting odd battery things happening...

Install wake lock detector, Charge it to 100 Percent, reboot it and let it sit for 2-3hrs. See if you have some rogue apps running. You might be surprised

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: What changes in the "battery saving" option? I'm getting odd battery things happening...

Quote Originally Posted by tonymhoffman View Post
    Install wake lock detector, Charge it to 100 Percent, reboot it and let it sit for 2-3hrs. See if you have some rogue apps running. You might be surprised

k, thanks. Installed and charging it now. : )

Battery saver only kicks in under 15 percent battery. You'll get a little leaf notification and it stops background data until you charge again.

Sent from my XT1060

what should i be looking for in wake lock detector? seems the biggest thing is google services. 3 hours on time, total awake time 47 min. google services uses 22 minutes, while next up is 1013 with 3 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by tonymhoffman View Post

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by asylvia View Post
    what should i be looking for in wake lock detector? seems the biggest thing is google services. 3 hours on time, total awake time 47 min. google services uses 22 minutes, while next up is 1013 with 3 minutes.
    Mine too. I just started disabling everything I don’t use, lol, Google+, hangouts, set my address book to not sync and set most of my apps to not notify me. Zero idea if any of that does anything. I see my GSam battery is taking up 1.4% of my battery, that’s gonna be gone soon. Lol. Although now i can't remember if that was during my sleep time or what. If not, it can stay.

Not sure even how to read these things, I’m gonna check it all again after today and post for you guys to help me figure it out.

Also, 12% overnight, does that seem right? (7 hours, 23 mins)
    Last edited by paisley99; 09-23-2013 at 10:42 AM.

paisley99: side topic but does your 2nd phone still have mic problem? I have to decide today about swapping my G2 for a 2nd attempt at the Moto X for this problem (verizon). My problem was even in quiet place I sounded broken up and faint to the other end.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by tomatosouplabs View Post
    paisley99: side topic but does your 2nd phone still have mic problem? I have to decide today about swapping my G2 for a 2nd attempt at the Moto X for this problem (verizon). My problem was even in quiet place I sounded broken up and faint to the other end.
    Sadly, i'm pretty sure it does. I can't tell though because I was only briefly able to tell in the store, and if I start calling people on my phone then they get the idea that I like talking on the phone and then they start calling me non-stop. Lol. But I’ll give it a shot and find out. One mo.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by tomatosouplabs View Post
    Yup. Totally cutting in and out. Was not in a noisy area. And even worse, the sound I was receiving was crap as well. Wth.

Quote Originally Posted by paisley99 View Post

Also, 12% overnight, does that seem right? (7:23 mins)
    I've seen a 12% drop overnight, so it's not unusual from my experience. I'm interested to hear how your experiments with disabling everything works out because I'm getting similar performance to yours. I thought about swapping it out, but I don't typically have the call cutting out problem (I've had one or two, but many others without) so I'm thinking I'll just keep the one I have.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

The app Mint kept waking up my phone, or doing whatever wake lock measures, and after 2 hours after resetting my phone battery it had used .3% of my the app activity/battery use, which i guess only equals .12 of the total battery use if apps are 40%, which after 15 hours i guess only means 10 mins? Someone tell me how off i am there. I did a "force stop" on it, is that the appropriate action? Little *******.
    Last edited by paisley99; 09-23-2013 at 12:03 PM.

Global Posts
    353 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asylvia View Post
    In your Google location settings, try disabling "location reporting" and "location history".