- 09-27-2013, 08:52 AM #2
- 09-27-2013, 09:02 AM #3
- 09-27-2013, 09:31 AM #5
- 09-27-2013, 10:29 AM #6
- 46 Posts
- 09-27-2013, 10:47 AM #7
- 6,004 Posts
let me explain. Android has stock calender which anyone can use on android but most OEM will remove it and use their own cal app.
just like calculator, clock etc
what google did was they took the Nexus signed cal app(originally from 4.2.2) and published it to playstore
now when you see an update from playstore it might include 4.3 cal code + some bug fixes
but Motorola took 4.2.2's calender code and signed it instead of using Google signed cal app.
I hope its clear. its kind of simple concept but hard to explain.
Moto X has Android 4.2.2 cal code and signed by Motorola
Google Cal has 4.3 cal code with some improvements and signed by Google.
since they are signed by two, cal from play store wont replace Moto X cal.
on Nexus devices it will replace since both are signed by google.Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
- 09-27-2013, 12:19 PM #9
Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
- 6,004 Posts
- By sanjivsai in forum HTC OneReplies: 1Last Post: 01-18-2014, 05:50 PM
- By plainman0007 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 09-22-2013, 02:13 AM
- By umadbrah in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 08-27-2013, 09:10 AM
- By Kiwi in Perth in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 07-29-2013, 07:39 PM
- By nongbee77 in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 4Last Post: 07-25-2013, 04:37 AM