ip4 to Moto X, step 1, step 2, etc...

Evgeshais300

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok so Moto X is enroute to land on Wed. I'm switching from iPhone 4 on VZ unlimited upgrade bandwagon.

From what I've gathered on this forum I need to turn iMessage off prior to activating moto x.
Many recommend factory reset, do I do it b4 or after activation?
All my contacts are backed up to gmail so that should be transferred when I enter gmail acct. what's a simple way to transfer notes from iOS notes app to moto x?

As far as g-voice, how do I set it up for visual voice mail and/or other usefull features (I've never used it, so educate me) there was set of instructions but if some one can repost, me and other new comers will appreciate.

What else do I need to remember to do?

Will google drive automatically upgrade to 50gb when I login on moto x or do I need to do anything?

Thank you

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok so Moto X is enroute to land on Wed. I'm switching from iPhone 4 on VZ unlimited upgrade bandwagon.

From what I've gathered on this forum I need to turn iMessage off prior to activating moto x.
Many recommend factory reset, do I do it b4 or after activation?
All my contacts are backed up to gmail so that should be transferred when I enter gmail acct. what's a simple way to transfer notes from iOS notes app to moto x?

As far as g-voice, how do I set it up for visual voice mail and/or other usefull features (I've never used it, so educate me) there was set of instructions but if some one can repost, me and other new comers will appreciate.

What else do I need to remember to do?

Will google drive automatically upgrade to 50gb when I login on moto x or do I need to do anything?

Thank you

It's great that you are making the switch, I think you will really enjoy it.
There is a bit if a learning curve but after a week or two, you will be good to go.

You do want to turn off imessage before activating your x.

Once you have activated your x and you have rebooted it, then you can go into settings and perform the hard reset.

If you haven't gone to Google.com/voice and snagged a Google voice number, you will want to do that.
When you download the Google voice app, just go through the setup and it will prompt you to use Google voice for your voice mail.

Once you sign in to the Google drive app on your x, it will add 50gb to your Google drive account.

Hope this helps you out and don't hesitate to ask any questions!

Sent from my White Moto X

asharrop

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Question: why the hard reset on a new moto x? I recently got one last week and hadn't read this before. This something every moto x buyer should do or something?

Posted via Android Central App

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Question: why the hard reset on a new moto x? I recently got one last week and hadn't read this before. This something every moto x buyer should do or something?

Just a safe guard in general to ensure good clean install of software. At times you'll see people have glitches in features or apps out of the box. To possibly prevent that and save you the extra 2hrs of dialing in your setup again you just perform a reset from the go.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
The only way that I would know how to transfer notes is to copy them by writing. If you have a mac (not sure if you can do it on windows) Open the notes on mac and if you have them sync'd you can just copy & paste to http://www.drive.google.com/keep for the notes, or other apps if those work also. Don't know how mac, or other apps like evernote works.
Are you on Verizon? If so heres how to get G Voice to work:
[GUIDE] Google Voice on your Verizon GS3 - xda-developers
Some more indepth stuff about voice:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...wRJrjGJdFM_miGpUxTI1Oaw&bvm=bv.53371865,d.aWc
http://lifehacker.com/5697196/the-most-helpful-ways-to-use-google-voice-that-youre-not-using

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
See if there is an app called Motorola Migrate for iOS. When I first fired up my moto x it asked me to install that app on my old phone and then it did an automatic wireless transfer of most of my stuff, pretty nice surprise actually ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674