Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why Moto X over LG G2

Why would you choose the Moto X over the LG G2, I have over a week till my 14 days are up, this was the only device that I had a hard time deciding over after I ruled out the HTC One and the S4. The main issue for me is not the specs but sometimes I want a smaller pocketable phone, other times I think about the larger display on the LG.

Global Posts
    7,636 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Why Moto X over LG G2

If you want a more pocketable phone the LG G2 isn't for you, it's a lot bigger than the Moto X. I'd go with the Moto X, the G2 is basically a higher-spec GS4...

Honestly let it come down to what you use the phone most for.

For me I'm in meetings frequently and active notifications are huge.

I drive to locations often and my griffin nav dock and touchless controls allow me to interact with my Moto X in the car seamlessly.

The size of the phone and it's form factor has changed the phone purchasing game for me.

Lastly the stability and quickness of the device are sweet!

I'm with moto X until something allows me to interact better with my phone in the vast areas the moto X does.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,971 Global Posts

Physical size.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Yep went larger than came back the moto x is fast great size and very vanilla

David

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Physical size.
    and pure Android
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,971 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    and pure Android
    Technically not, but it's the most stock-like without being completely stock.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    and pure Android
    This is so underrated. I also was trying to decide between the two phones, and went Moto X as the interface and UX design for the G2 is horrible. Three finger swiping for multitasking? Why?

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

Size and vanilla android.

Found the 4.7" screen on my Galaxy Nexus was perfect for me and the Moto X was the same size but in a smaller footprint. I have always disliked skins like Sense, TouchWiz, MotoBlur and whatever LG uses. The Moto X meets my needs/wants/desires.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,971 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dregur View Post
    This is so underrated. I also was trying to decide between the two phones, and went Moto X as the interface and UX design for the G2 is horrible. Three finger swiping for multitasking? Why?
    Until "pure Android" is a significant sales driver for the masses that buy Android devices, it will always be underrated.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Size, build quality, water resistant coating, speaker quality, and software features all things that swayed me from lg.

LG has nice camera and screen, but the screen is a tradeoff since it disallows one of the nicest parts of the moto x, active display..

Honestly the kicker was when the camera update started rolling out. Before that the camera issue was pushing me toward the G2. Now that it's going to be a good camera I can live with the other shortcomings the moto x has vs the G2, since they all serve a purpose anyway. (Easier one handed use, active display, etc...)

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Until "pure Android" is a significant sales driver for the masses that buy Android devices, it will always be underrated.
    The only reason I have a preference to "stock" Android is because it's clean and intuitive; why pack in design features and functions if all they do is make the experience worse?

I'm all for the OEMs putting their own unique stamp on the Android UI, but I often feel like they make changes just for the sake of being different. Samsung and LG have patented headache-inducing labyrinths as their interfaces, while HTC just barely teases the line between utility and novelty. Motorola nailed it on this one, I think. They kept it clean and simple, but included incredibly useful, NON-INTERFERING features.

I've said it before -- I like what Motorola's done even over the pure Nexus experience. They made Android better.
    shadowgod likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,971 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JungleLarry View Post
    The only reason I have a preference to "stock" Android is because it's clean and intuitive; why pack in design features and functions if all they do is make the experience worse?

I'm all for the OEMs putting their own unique stamp on the Android UI, but I often feel like they make changes just for the sake of being different. Samsung and LG have patented headache-inducing labyrinths as their interfaces, while HTC just barely teases the line between utility and novelty. Motorola nailed it on this one, I think. They kept it clean and simple, but included incredibly useful, NON-INTERFERING features.

I've said it before -- I like what Motorola's done even over the pure Nexus experience. They made Android better.
    My point is that things like (big) screen size, large battery, and camera megapixels are the things that the masses look for. Being "stock" does little to influence the buying decision for people who don't go on sites like this.

Thus, it remains underrated.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

I'm not arguing with you, just building off the conversation.
    Ry likes this.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Seriously would go for Moto X, I am starting to crave to get one only issue is for some reason my brain is programmed to higher specs equals better performance which is untrue. So Moto X

I looked at the Moto X and was seriously considering it, but in the end it was too small for my taste so went with the G2 and am extremely happy I did. It's an amazing phone..both power, battery, features, etc.
    moosc and qnet like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dregur View Post
    Same android multitasking on the G2, just long press the home button. The G2 has hands down the best camera of any Android out there. Size, battery life and active notifications are the real determinates here. The Moto X feels perfect in the hand, but it didn't last me as long as the G2 as a heavy user with multiple push exchange accounts and a never holding anything back to "save battery". Because why shut things down that I want to run and are designed to run? To compensate for poor battery life, I think not. My daughter now has the Moto X and it works perfect for her and I am using the G2,whichever for now,works perfect for me. My wife uses the GS4 and now wants a G2 because of the battery life. Good luck in whatever decision you make. Honestly, coming from the Nexus before these last two I thought I'd never go with an OEM covered OS over pure Android, but the Moto X is very close and the G2 is extremely customizable. Good luck!

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    7,636 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by wwwjr View Post
    Same android multitasking on the G2, just long press the home button. The G2 has hands down the best camera of any Android out there. Size, battery life and active notifications are the real determinates here. The Moto X feels perfect in the hand, but it didn't last me as long as the G2 as a heavy user with multiple push exchange accounts and a never holding anything back to "save battery". Because why shut things down that I want to run and are designed to run? To compensate for poor battery life, I think not. My daughter now has the Moto X and it works perfect for her and I am using the G2,whichever for now,works perfect for me. My wife uses the GS4 and now wants a G2 because of the battery life. Good luck in whatever decision you make. Honestly, coming from the Nexus before these last two I thought I'd never go with an OEM covered OS over pure Android, but the Moto X is very close and the G2 is extremely customizable. Good luck!

She has the GS4 and the battery life isn't enough? If you're that much of a heavy user, there is no phone that will last you long enough unless you use an extended battery or a charging case. I can easily get through a day on my GS4 with 4-5 hours of screen time and still have around 20% battery left when I plug it in at night.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    markbc likes this.

I understand the argument on the battery life between the G2 and Moto X. Luckily for us on verizon we have the perfect solution. The Droid Maxx...Bigger screened moto X with a big *** battery.
    BCB
    MackyW likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wwwjr View Post

Interesting that most people in G2 forum are getting the same screen time as moto X users.

Quote Originally Posted by JungleLarry View Post

This.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The Moto X is excellent.

Also, faster updates and better app compatibility on account of the nearly-stock Android.

I am getting weak for the developers edition moto X trying to hold out for the Nexus 5 hurry getting weaker...weaker...

How is that camera upgrade...?
    1+1 (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    I am getting weak for the developers edition moto X trying to hold out for the Nexus 5 hurry getting weaker...weaker...
    Not sure why you'd wait for the Nexus 5 - no Active Notifications, no other tweaks that the Moto X has either.

And as for the Nexus specs, I'd be surprised if it was a repackaged G2 with stock Android for $350 (at least it seems what everyone is hoping for). The Nexus line has never really been consumer focused - mainly a neutered device for developers to work with. To me, the Moto X is the consumer focused Nexus device!
    Banned

Global Posts
    871 Global Posts

Because carrier delayed updates are the most complained about topic on these forums.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bombay View Post
    Not sure why you'd wait for the Nexus 5 - no Active Notifications, no other tweaks that the Moto X has either.

And as for the Nexus specs, I'd be surprised if it was a repackaged G2 with stock Android for $350 (at least it seems what everyone is hoping for). The Nexus line has never really been consumer focused - mainly a neutered device for developers to work with. To me, the Moto X is the consumer focused Nexus device!
    I think there is an app with active notification but that is not a big deal to me. I will check it once I use my phone. I do not jump when my phone has a notification. Since the Nexus is close I will wait to see what it is. Still liking my S4 GPE and not eager to give up Google Wallet which is another plus for the Nexus unless the developer edition Moto X has Google wallet installed?

It still remains to be seen how long it will take for updates on the moto x.
    1+1 (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast