Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By OleStateCollege
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Jumped on the Moto X train

So, I'm new to this forum thing, but you've gotta start somewhere.

Anywho, I've successfully made the jump from the iPhone 4S to the Moto X (on VZW, FWIW). I guess I never realized what Apple snobbery was all about until I showed up to work with my Moto X. I've taken my fair share of ribbing over the past few days, but so be it. I haven't really taken the chance to argue with my detractors, because I'm afraid they'd miss the point.

My decision to give Android a shot was largely driven by the Moto X, as the whole concept just resonates with me (American built, form factor, etc.). I was largely unimpressed with the iPhone 5S and iOS7 on both my 4S and the 5S I test drove in the store. Though some iOS7 features were cool, it just wasn't enough of a wow factor for me to stick around. More or less, I was just bored. I still use my 1st gen iPad, but it will most likely be tossed for the Nexus 7 soon.

So long story short, I decided that the Moto X would be the next phone I would use for all my needs. I guess to put it simply, this phone (and Android in general) has just made things fun for me again. Within a few hours, I feel, you can figure out most of what iOS has to offer, while I think that Android and the Moto X will continue to show me new capabilities for quite some time (not counting getting familiar with Android to begin with). The fun for me in a phone or other device isn't necessarily the apps or games, but the ability to tweak it and make it work for me. You can only rearrange an iPhone's icons so many times before you run out of options.

I'm looking forward to getting to know this new phone and the new experience, so any information on what I should definitely check out or try with the phone is greatly appreciated.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    JBSourcery 2.4/ Franco 6

Default Re: Jumped on the Moto X train

Quote Originally Posted by OleStateCollege View Post

Anywho, I've successfully made the jump from the iPhone 4S to the Moto X (on VZW, FWIW). I guess I never realized what Apple snobbery was all about until I showed up to work with my Moto X. I've taken my fair share of ribbing over the past few days, but so be it. I haven't really taken the chance to argue with my detractors, because I'm afraid they'd miss the point.

My decision to give Android a shot was largely driven by the Moto X, as the whole concept just resonates with me (American built, form factor, etc.). I was largely unimpressed with the iPhone 5S and iOS7 on both my 4S and the 5S I test drove in the store. Though some iOS7 features were cool, it just wasn't enough of a wow factor for me to stick around. More or less, I was just bored. I still use my 1st gen iPad, but it will most likely be tossed for the Nexus 7 soon.

So long story short, I decided that the Moto X would be the next phone I would use for all my needs. I guess to put it simply, this phone (and Android in general) has just made things fun for me again. Within a few hours, I feel, you can figure out most of what iOS has to offer, while I think that Android and the Moto X will continue to show me new capabilities for quite some time (not counting getting familiar with Android to begin with). The fun for me in a phone or other device isn't necessarily the apps or games, but the ability to tweak it and make it work for me. You can only rearrange an iPhone's icons so many times before you run out of options.

I'm looking forward to getting to know this new phone and the new experience, so any information on what I should definitely check out or try with the phone is greatly appreciated.
    Welcome to Android! You have a whole new hobby customizing your device.
    Tons of info both here and over at XDA forums.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Dev Edition Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

best move. in my opinion the only android phone that rivals the iPhone.. and it drove me away from my 4/4s/5

I let go my 4s and haven't looked back

Posted via Android Central App

apple better fix the battery issues with iOS 7 on the iphone 5 or they will have more defections. It is terrible.
    LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Dev Pre, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

I was starting to think that the ip5s was going to end up being my first ip device, but after my friend bought it and i played with it (and ios7 on our office ipad), I realized that Apple has lost its magic. I had my mind set that I was going to buy the Note 3 or G2 for the screen's size, but then I kept seeing the Moto X commercials and thinking touchless controls/active notes?? My DREAM phone is finally here lol Best decision I've ever made. I'm convinced: it's not about the specs, but more so the user experience. Motorola (which I hated before) now has me hooked

Quote Originally Posted by kupochan View Post
    I was starting to think that the ip5s was going to end up being my first ip device, but after my friend bought it and i played with it (and ios7 on our office ipad), I realized that Apple has lost its magic. I had my mind set that I was going to buy the Note 3 or G2 for the screen's size, but then I kept seeing the Moto X commercials and thinking touchless controls/active notes?? My DREAM phone is finally here lol Best decision I've ever made. I'm convinced: it's not about the specs, but more so the user experience. Motorola (which I hated before) now has me hooked
    Which commercial hooked you?

I am using the 5s and the Moto X. The 5s is getting about an hour more of screen time on a charge than the Moto X but nothing that I have ever had compares to how nice the Moto X feels in my hand. I would be 100% Moto X if Moto tech support wasn't terrible. Great product but unbelievably bad support.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,847 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    I am using the 5s and the Moto X. The 5s is getting about an hour more of screen time on a charge than the Moto X but nothing that I have ever had compares to how nice the Moto X feels in my hand. I would be 100% Moto X if Moto tech support wasn't terrible. Great product but unbelievably bad support.
    How so?

Terrible in relation to Apple? Or just terrible in general?

a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,847 Global Posts

The Apple snobbery has more to do with their customers than with the company. I know plenty of people that use iPhones that aren't snobs about it.

Just the other day, my coworker asked about my Moto X. Well.. She said "if it ain't a Samsung, don't talk to me."

a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Both actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    How so?

Terrible in relation to Apple? Or just terrible in general?

Global Posts
    17,600 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Welcome to the forums and Android!
    Hopefully your transition has been an easy one.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by globster2000 View Post
    Which commercial hooked you?

This one. The end bit kills me!

Quote Originally Posted by kupochan View Post

This one. The end bit kills me!
    Lol I love that commercial. No touchy no miguelly.