Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Who is thinking about leaving the Moto X for the Nexus 5 when it drops?

Title says it all. I love my X but I do miss tinkering with roms and such.
    If the new nexus comes in under 500 bucks are you tempted to switch?

Sent from my White Moto X
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP
    Thanked by:
    ChuckG73 likes this.

Default Re: Who is thinking about leaving the Moto X for the Nexus 5 when it drops?

No. I don't buy phones like people eat potato chips. I know how to love what I have.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Default Re: Who is thinking about leaving the Moto X for the Nexus 5 when it drops?

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    No. I don't buy phones like people eat potato chips. I know how to love what I have.
    AMERICA!

Posted via Android Central App
    davidnc, Johnly and Rizz1-2 like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Neither do I but if you sell your current device when something else comes you pretty much break even.

Sent from my White Moto X
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP
    jrvtecaccord likes this.

Nope too big which is why I went to the moto x

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app
    davidnc and phippsy84 like this.

No active notifications, no buy.

I'll get one because I pretty much have to, I'll probably even love it, but I have a feeling my X will stay in my pocket for a long while
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Don't think I could leave the X For it.

davidnc likes this.

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I'm waiting to pull the trigger on the Moto X until we know what the N 5 will offer and on what carriers. If that doesn't work for me I'll be getting a Moto X.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app
    davidnc and planoman like this.

Might still buy it for fun ..if it is priced $299 for tinkering ..but don't see it being my daily driver ..moto x will be daily driver for sometime ..moto x features are pretty addicting and useful in daily usage ..don't think nexus 5 will have those features

davidnc likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,202 Global Posts

No need to switch.

a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    davidnc and Gator352 like this.

As much as i love Nexus devices I wouldn't leave Moto X for nexus 5
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
    davidnc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    I'm waiting to pull the trigger on the Moto X until we know what the N 5 will offer and on what carriers. If that doesn't work for me I'll be getting a Moto X.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app
    Im in the same boat, i know spec wise moto x doesn't shine but that user experience and functions makes me wanna get one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    davidnc likes this.

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

Active mic is the deal breaker. Motto x

Definitely staying with my moto x. The touchless controls, active notifications, and assist are too great of a features.

davidnc and benhmadison like this.

Global Posts
    353 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Hildenbrand View Post
    x1000

The only phone that would make me switch is the Moto X2. I'm hooked.

Global Posts
    6,684 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Nope ...keeping my Moto X perfect size for me.Everything runs smooth.
    I got kinda burnt out on Root/Rom flashing on other devices over the last 4 years.
    This little phone dont really feel the need to.Its a keeper, and im not really an hard core Motorola fan as others here.

sent from Moto X
    Thanked by:
    benhmadison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by clankfu View Post
    x1000

The only phone that would make me switch is the Moto X2. I'm hooked.
    +1, also the form factor of the x is amazing. The soft touch back feels great in the hand. I find my self just holding the phone even when I'm not using it!

Posted via Motorola Motox

Global Posts
    5,742 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Hildenbrand View Post

I'll get one because I pretty much have to, I'll probably even love it, but I have a feeling my X will stay in my pocket for a long while
    I think I'm more inclined to use the same (or similar) money and go Nexus 10 refresh this year, but maybe not even that. The Moto X and the '13 Nexus 7 are a great combo. But at this point giving up Moto's features is rough. I thought I had pretty good mimics on my Nexus (Tasker, etc) prior to the Moto arriving... but yeah, it's not even close. Sometimes you stare at the black screen on the Nexus 7 when it "dings" and wonder when in the hell it's going to tell you what the notification is and why that silly little white light is blinking.

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

I've been trying to figure this out for awhile.. The N5 will be amazing, but it's not as tightly integrated as Moto+Android imo.. I feel like Moto is more inclined to make it work and is more integrated with Google's idea then the Nexus Line now.. Specially since Googler's moved over to moto when the company was bought.

Nexus is a developer phone, it's great for tinkering and such, but in the long run its literally PURE android, which is'nt THAT great (I had the n4, and N7) Stock Android is great, but there's always something missing. Moto X is mostly Pure stock, but its got soo many addons that make it more valuable then the Nexus Line. and it runs GREAT, follows Google's Software Design (even if there's 2 different designs).. and adds onto their philosophy.

hope im not confusing anyone.

TL;DR- Motorola Mobility is more integrated with Google, then the Nexus Line.
    PAST PHONES: iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, Atrix 4G, HTC One X, Samsung S3, Nexus 4, Blackberry Z10, iPhone 5
    CURRENT PHONE: Motorola Moto X
    OTHER DEVICES: Nexus 7, MacBook Pro (2008), Asus Win8 Laptop, ASUS Iconia Tab, Microsoft Surface RT, Custom Desktop Win7

Global Posts
    6,684 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I have had a Nexus on vzw (Galaxy Nexus) .So I got a feel for Nexus type phones and while I loved my GN never had an issue with and of course rooted it . Flashed a number of Roms on it. (as I have done with all my previous android phones)
    Im still impressed with what they did with the Moto X out of the box.
    benhmadison likes this.

I'm considering it, but I love my Moto X and I have a Nexus 7 for playing with new firmware.

I have been holding my cash waiting. I have even gone so far as to have the Moto X developers edition in my cart ready to check out...After seeing the so called manual today on the Nexus 5, I think I will hold until it drops. It has been hard resisting the moto x with the camera being the only thing holding me back and that seems to be fixed or better. I think the Nexus 5 will be a beast if the rumors pan out.
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
    Thanked by:

100% will ebay the Moto X for the N5. Most that say no will also do it but have a hard time admitting it because they just got their Moto X. Don't get me wrong, the moto x is one of the best that I have ever had but the N5 is a must have.
    planoman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    100% will ebay the Moto X for the N5. Most that say no will also do it but have a hard time admitting it because they just got their Moto X. Don't get me wrong, the moto x is one of the best that I have ever had but the N5 is a must have.
    I almost said that many would do it also but I do not have a moto x to really know. I predict many will also get the Nexus 5, maybe in addition to their moto x.
    Last edited by planoman; 10-06-2013 at 09:30 AM.
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

Like I said, I love my moto x but I pretty much always knew that it was my android placeholder while I was waiting for the N5. I'm going to miss it but I can't see having the Moto x and the N5 at the same time. I probably wouldn't use the Moto X much at all after I get the N5. Good time to ebay it while it has a little value. I'm glad that I got the black one because the custom jobs will be tough to sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    I almost said that many would do it also but I do not have a moto x to really know. I predict many will also get the Nexus 5, maybe in addition to their moto x.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast