Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By fritzo81
  • 1 Post By kupochan
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool Screen protectors ...

Hey guys, just got my Moto X (thank you Verizon unlimited glitch!) ... anyways, I stopped using screen protectors all together. My last phone, a GNEX, had a couple light scratches, I guess it had gorilla glass. So, who's using a screen protector, who's not? And for those who are using it, which one do you recommend. I'm looking for a good anti glare screen protector.

Default Re: Screen protectors ...

life is too short for screen protectors.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    life is too short for screen protectors.
    great answer! *closes thread*
    anthony2558 likes this.

No screen protector here. Unless you like to keep rocks in your pockets I can't think of any reason you'd need one these days.

I went to a Ghost Armor kiosk in the mall. They re-branded as Clear Coat. They have a perfect fit protector for the Moto X and they apply it for you. I love that stuff and the replacement policy is tits.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Pippin View Post
    I went to a Ghost Armor kiosk in the mall. They re-branded as Clear Coat. They have a perfect fit protector for the Moto X and they apply it for you. I love that stuff and the replacement policy is tits.

Does it have any orange peel effect? Like ripples on the surface? I want a screen protector as well, but I really don't want to know it's there, lol. I was hoping they would make a glass screen protector for our phones.

Pics of your screen protector would be appreciated ;-)

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4
    Motorola Moto X on Verizon
    -Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx HD (Ret)
    -Motorola Droid 4 (Ret)
    -HTC Droid Incredible 2 (Ret)
    -Motorola Droid (Ret)

I've always found them to be invisible. They do some stuff with a liquid and a drying box. I don't know what an orange peel effect is, but it's better than any protector I've ever applied. Of course it's also like $25.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen protectors ...-uploadfromtaptalk1381086194188.jpg  

But if it ever comes off they replace it for a $5 installation fee and no charge for the replacement material.

I'm not shilling for them, I just hate applying my own protectors because I'm crap at it.

Global Posts
    1,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Personally I like the standard hard plastic protectors, the ones they sell at Verizon. I used Phantomskinz and did not enjoy it. I liked their matte finish back protection tho.

T-mobile Moto X

Global Posts
    1,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    No screen protector here. Unless you like to keep rocks in your pockets I can't think of any reason you'd need one these days.
    Some people get lucky and never get a scratch. Others are not so lucky and feel better when they are protected. Just search gorilla glass in the search field. You'll find plenty of instances were screens get scratched. It's only scratch resistant not scratch proof.

T-mobile Moto X

ROM
    Rascream + Trinity kernel

I have also used ghost armor/clear coat in the past and really enjoyed it. This time I'm using the anti scratch, clear one that the Verizon rep sold me and it looks really good.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

I'm using cheap $1.68 3-pack screen protectors from ebay lol I've always put screen protectors on my phones so I'm just continuing the habit. Yeah it's a fingerprint magnet, but it's nothing but a quick wipe from my pants to have it clean again I do like the feel of the hard plastic protectors that they sell at AT&T, but it compromises image quality (used them on my Galaxy SII). I do it for better resell value if I ever want to sell my phone for whatever reason.
    BigBernard likes this.

Global Posts
    6,684 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I use screen protector just cuz i can ha .

sent from Moto X

I didn't have a protector on my Rezound and took it to the beach. While the phone was in my pocket, driving around with the doors off of my Jeep, sand scratched the **** out of the screen.

Not making that mistake again. I bought the Verizon 3 pack for like $10. On the third try, got it on without any dust underneath. Got used to it after a day or so. Already scratched the protector in a few spots, so I'm happy I had it.

Yea, screen protector is a good idea. I've only had mine for 3 days and I've already noticed a few very minor scratches. I had my s2 for 2 years prior to this and I had a protector on it the entire time. Took a look at it after those 2 years and there was about half a dozen major scratches on it. The screen underneath was perfect.