Kit Kat update

Ualrdynodo

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Verizon so I'm not holding my breath for an update but for the rest of you on att, T-Mobile, and sprint do you think that you will get a ui update when you get 4.4? New icons, transparent app drawer, and the like?

Posted via Android Central App

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Thats hard to answer . It really depends on what the manufacturers due with 4.4. I doubt that Samsung, LG, or HTC will change their icons. I doubt they are going to revamp Touchwiz, or Sense just to show they are working with 4.4 Some small visual changes may take effect, but Samsung has been doing so well with their Touchwiz UI why would they want to change that.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk 2

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I believe he's talking about the X.

duh, didnt realize i was posting in the moto x forum. Now the question makes more sense to me. hmmm i have no clue, thats a really good question.....

I'm not a huge fan of the new phone icon tho.

ive had a couple drinks tonight. ;-)

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk 2

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, I for one hope this device is 3rd on the list for updates regardless of carrier. 1st being Nexus, and 2nd being Google Edition devices.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Verizon so I'm not holding my breath for an update but for the rest of you on att, T-Mobile, and sprint do you think that you will get a ui update when you get 4.4? New icons, transparent app drawer, and the like?

looking at the route Motorola is taking most probably YES.

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
100% yes. And very soon.

The moto x is damn near stock for a reason ;).

If not I'll be super super pissed!

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

H2o

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
If you are on Verizon, its dosen't matter. If we get the 4.4 update I'll be shocked.

fierro951

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
In a perfect world, Verizon hasn't pushed the camera update because they are going to release the 4.4 update with the camera improvements baked in before anyone else.

I shouldn't even dream like that. -__-

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
In a perfect world, Verizon hasn't pushed the camera update because they are going to release the 4.4 update with the camera improvements baked in before anyone else.

I shouldn't even dream like that. -__-

Lolol lets see if Vzw operates in a perfect world situation :D (it would be cool if they did I admit)

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
looking at the route Motorola is taking most probably YES.

According to their video of the moto x: it would appear they are trying to go with a nexus feel and that Google has a big hand of influence and although it won't be updated as fast as the nexus as they said it should be shortly after.

And if they really want to market a phone for the average person that just works well a phone that just works doesn't do anything fancy in my opinion but gets updates to the latest os when they come out till the end of its life span. And maybe longer.

And since the os is bear minimum with small added features which almost appear to he just apps I would say it's not very hard for them to push out quick updates.

anon(4196132)

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I was incredibly impressed at just how quickly the camera update was pushed out by carriers. I'm (perhaps foolishly....) optimistic that without much carrier bloat, or vendor bloat, that similar deployment times will happen as Moto actually updates the device.

I'm still waiting for 4.3, but if they just jump to 4.4 I'd be a pretty happy camper :)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Did they finally announce the 4.4. features?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax