1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Handsfree - Speakerphone question

Hi - I have the phone set up for "driving" and also to go automatically to speakerphone when I place a call with "OK Google Now" (actually, I've retrained to use "OK Google", but either way....).

This all works fine, given occasional problems with ambiguous contacts and ambient noise in my POS rattle trap car.

The situation is I am curious about is if I want to end the call the call before the party picks up. For instance, if I ask to place a call to a person and then either change my mind or if the phone accidentally pulls up an erroneous contact. It seems the screen goes to sleep/blank when the call starts and therefore I have to fumble with the on/off switch to activate the screen and then touch the red bar to hang up the phone. This is a little "fussy" to be carefree and safe while trying to do handsfree phoning when driving.

Is there a verbal command to hang up the phone or end the call? I haven't found it, but probably just haven't done an exhaustive search. (I know RTFM - I did, but can't find it).

Thanks.

Default Re: Handsfree - Speakerphone question

I'm also very interested. help people!

You can always just choose the setting "always ask before placing a call" in the confirm before calling settings under touch less controls. I use that as a way to insure the correct contact and number is selected. It makes for the one extra step of having to confirm the call after the prompt but at least I'm sure of who I'm calling and that it is the right number when my contact has multiple numbers.

I don't think there is a way to do it from the phone itself (other than Hunter's preventative suggestion), but if you want to get involved with Tasker you can do it. Just make a task to keep the screen always on during a voice call. This may drain the battery a bit much for long calls, but it will always have the button on screen for you to press when done.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    352 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    You can always just choose the setting "always ask before placing a call" in the confirm before calling settings under touch less controls. I use that as a way to insure the correct contact and number is selected. It makes for the one extra step of having to confirm the call after the prompt but at least I'm sure of who I'm calling and that it is the right number when my contact has multiple numbers.
    This is what I do.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

As I was messing with the phone just now, I noticed that "always ask before placing a call" setting and set it. Good preventative, which will take care of at least 1/2 the occasions.
    When I get my phone set up with a holder in my car, I'll probably do the screen-always-on thing with Tasker too.

Too bad there's not a simple "end call" command that you could use before the party picks up, that the phone would still accept commands before the connection is made.

Thanks for the help.

The biggest problem I ran into this with is when leaving voicemail. Had to manually wake/unlock and hang up or it would still keep recording...

Posted via Android Central App