Call my DROID alternative for Moto X

zx128

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Guys can anyone tell me if this "Call my DROID" feature is available or will be available on moto x? or there's alternative way to do it?

thanks

zx128

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
thanks still, that's also cool thing, but....

ok if I create something like "me" contact list and then ask google now to call "me"? do you know some special number to make self call?

travo1978

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
An option I got from somebody here when I asked this question was that you can use the Touchless Control to ask it to play music. After the short countdown the music should start automatically. Just make sure that you have your volume up.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Guys can anyone tell me if this "Call my DROID" feature is available or will be available on moto x? or there's alternative way to do it?

thanks

It says in the manual its suppose to work. But it doesn't. And that bothers me. Cause its in the manual. And I don't usually read manuals.

Posted via Android Central App

zx128

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
ok thanks guys for your help. I think that just playing a music is a good idea. I finally got my moto x!! it's dev. edition. and it's a sexiest phone I have ever touched!

scrounger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
It may be Verizon specific since Verizon paid the big bucks to Lucasfilms to license the use of the 'Droid' name.
The only phones with Droid in the name are on Verizon.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I didn't find that in the user's guide.

I think this was where BlackHawkA4 saw it at .The small user guide that came folded up in the box.
pyje6uhy.jpg

sent from Moto X

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand this feature. If I lost my phone I doubt it will be in close enough proximity to hear me say the command to find it unless say it slipped between the cushions of the couch I was sitting on. Why not just call your cell phone from another phone and listen for the ring.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand this feature. If I lost my phone I doubt it will be in close enough proximity to hear me say the command to find it unless say it slipped between the cushions of the couch I was sitting on. Why not just call your cell phone from another phone and listen for the ring.

I think that's exactly what its for. When you lose it under a car seat when it's dark or something.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

If you're not close to your phone, use Device Manager from your computer. Sometimes I'm trying to get out of the house and I lose my phone on the counter somewhere (black granite); a feature like this would be extremely helpful, especially when there are no other phones around to call with....

Convert2

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Murphy's Law - my niece asked me to call her phone because she couldn't find it. Then I said "You need a Moto X because it has this cool feature called Find My Phone. So I was trying to demonstrate this cool feature, but at that moment I couldn't get the feature to work for nothing. Everything came back as asking to call a contact, or a google search. Needless to say, before that, and after that, the feature has worked well. My phone was flaky that evening, it also displayed the Driving icon while just sitting there.......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer