• 1 Post By davidnc
  • 1 Post By Gator352
  • 2 Post By kobolila
  • 1 Post By Gator352
  • 2 Post By Gator352
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question What Camera Apps do you use?

Greetings.

Considering the apparent shortcomings of the X's camera, I am wonder what other camera apps folks have used to try and improve upon the quality of the images they take and/or if they have any problems using 3rd party camera apps.

I usually have a regular camera with me, but take a fair amount with a small tablet I carry everywhere and use it for photos when I want to get creative; one app in particular I like I Camera 360.

TIA

Global Posts
    6,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: What Camera Apps do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by kobolila View Post
    Greetings.

Considering the apparent shortcomings of the X's camera, I am wonder what other camera apps folks have used to try and improve upon the quality of the images they take and/or if they have any problems using 3rd party camera apps.

I usually have a regular camera with me, but take a fair amount with a small tablet I carry everywhere and use it for photos when I want to get creative; one app in particular I like I Camera 360.

TIA
    Camera 360 is a great application. The best way to improve photos is with post editing. It takes time, but the end results are well worth it for the photos you like.
    Gator352 likes this.

This. Somebody experimented a while back (before the update) with many different camera apps and they couldn't improve on photo quality, can't remember which forum. It's going to come down to post editing for edging out every last drop of quality from these photos. Try Aviary or Pixlr express if you're wondering which to choose.

ROM
    CM7.2 Custom port for X2

I'm currently using the camera app called "A Better Camera" -

I have used this companies previous apps before. I purchased the full version of this app. I believe in the free status you can try all the options. I'm starting to use this app more.

Posted via Android Central App

The whole camera thing is overblown. The camera is better than the Galaxy Nexus. It seems much of the hand wringing about the camera is in comparison to the iPhone, HTC One, and S4. That's perfectly fine, but since I didn't own one of those phones (most people won't be switching from one of those phones) the camera is fine. The update is going to improve it. Even better.
    davidnc and Gator352 like this.

Global Posts
    6,689 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

The stock camera works fine for me ,for a camera on a smartphone.I wont be entering in any photo contest with photos taken of any smartphone camera Lolol.
    They are all inferior to a regular camera.
    But I understand how everyone is different and has different opinions and thats cool.
    Therer are plenty of 3rd party camera apps,and ways to photo edit.I hope everyone finds one to suit their needs .
    Gator352 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by davidnc View Post
    The stock camera works fine for me ,for a camera on a smartphone.I wont be entering in any photo contest with photos taken of any smartphone camera Lolol.
    They are all inferior to a regular camera.
    But I understand how everyone is different and has different opinions and thats cool.
    Therer are plenty of 3rd party camera apps,and ways to photo edit.I hope everyone finds one to suit their needs .
    Problem is, is that people think that these cameras should be as good...or better...than a DSLR. If people would just realize that these are toys compared to the likes of Cannon and Nikon, none of this would be an issue.
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2
    davidnc likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions folks.

I am not one who expects a phone camera to put my regular camera to shame, but sometimes I like to play around and see what I get; a favorite feature of camera 360 is the Tilt Shift option.

Not having the phone yet I can not speak for its quality, regardless, I am always looking for ways to take something and make it better.
    I look at these apps as something to give me the chance to tweak an image when I wont have the time to sit in front of my computer and play with hundreds of photos.

Have a great one
    davidnc and Gator352 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kobolila View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions folks.

I am not one who expects a phone camera to put my regular camera to shame, but sometimes I like to play around and see what I get; a favorite feature of camera 360 is the Tilt Shift option.

Not having the phone yet I can not speak for its quality, regardless, I am always looking for ways to take something and make it better.
    I look at these apps as something to give me the chance to tweak an image when I wont have the time to sit in front of my computer and play with hundreds of photos.

Have a great one
    I agree with this and there's nothing wrong with want you want to accomplish. But in all honesty, there are people who drastically and dramatically complain that their particular phone takes horrible pictures and that it should "never" happen. Well, cell cams should take "OK" pictures for the "in-the-pinch" memory shots but some feel it should be in the DSLR caliber range. That's why you get users say...."the camera sucks so I isn't buyin' it if it ain't perfect the first shot I take!!" "I shouldn't has to buy a s'pensive camera to take great HDR and dynamic pics!".Ridiculous if you ask me.
    davidnc likes this.

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts

I doubt anyone complaining owns a decent dslr or has used one. I think people on this board are too defensive about simple camera quality questions. How many times do people have to post "zomg if you want pictures of your kid doing a cute thing carry 20lbs of bags and lenses everywhere you go or don't complain".

Quote Originally Posted by Clocks View Post
    I doubt anyone complaining owns a decent dslr or has used one. I think people on this board are too defensive about simple camera quality questions. How many times do people have to post "zomg if you want pictures of your kid doing a cute thing carry 20lbs of bags and lenses everywhere you go or don't complain".
    That's what we are saying. You want cute pics your kid is doing then a cell cam is perfect for that "memory" shot or shots in a pinch. You want 20x30 print outs with perfect focus then yeah, you carry that 20lb bag of camera gear. But complaining that your cell phone camera can't seem to take focused shots of nascar racers as they wiz by at 200 mph is asinine especially when they say the phone sucks so they are switching brands.

Point is, people complain that the camera on cell phones should be as good as professional quality DSLR's taken by professional photographers anytime and every time they take a picture.

The OP isn't pleased with the camera and that's ok by my book because he's willing to find a "better" app to make it better for his needs. He's not bashing the phone because he seems to understand the shortcomings of cell cams.
    davidnc and weksa like this.