need to unlock to answer??

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't have the phone to try this. I was reading Verizon manual and on page 57 it says the phone rings when locked but you have to unlock to answer. This is in the section on protection with the various forms of locking with password, pin, etc.

Is it true you have to enter your PIN to answer a call? That would be insane!!

grenefroggie

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I would imagine that you need to slide to answer. It would seem that it applies only if you have something like a PIN or Pattern lock enabled.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
No you don't need to enter you PIN to answer a call.
Just need to slide to answer for the call.Phone is still locked otherwise til PIN is entered tho.

sent from Moto X

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the phone to try this. I was reading Verizon manual and on page 57 it says the phone rings when locked but you have to unlock to answer. This is in the section on protection with the various forms of locking with password, pin, etc.

No, you dont have to enter your PIN to answer a call. You just get the slider as you normally would (left for ignore, right for answer, and up for text reply). Once the call is ended you are presented with the PIN entry screen in case you want/need to interact with your phone further.

EDIT:

No you don't need to enter you PIN to answer a call.
Just need to slide to answer for the call.Phone is still locked otherwise til PIN is entered tho.

sent from Moto X

What he said ^^^^ :)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
No, you dont have to enter your PIN to answer a call. You just get the slider as you normally would (left for ignore, right for answer, and up for text reply). Once the call is ended you are presented with the PIN entry screen in case you want/need to interact with your phone further.

EDIT:

What he said ^^^^ :)

It was almost a tie in us answering the question haha

sent from Moto X

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I was hoping that's how it worked. That's what I get for RTFM, confusion. ;)
I imagine it vibrates when swiping to answer also (boo hoo).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon