Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By lbump
  • 1 Post By FreakSquadJK
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Disappointing Exchange/ActiveSync, Any Help?

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this and prove me wrong, but after switching from an HTC Incredible 4G to the Moto X, I'm very frustrated with the Exchange/ActiveSync feature set. Here's what I was used to that I can't do anymore...

1. Unable to invite attendees to meetings
    2. Unable to filter/sort by flagged email
    3. Unable to filter unread/read mail
    4. No way to edit appointments created on other devices (i.e. Outlook/Webmail/Tablet)
    5. No conversation view/threading
    6. Pictures inline with text do not properly display (must be "downloaded" as attachments)
    7. Dialing a conference call from a calendar appointment is difficult, must app switch between calendar/phone app to get code. No way to "split view" like the HTC does.

And there's more I'm missing here that I can't remember at the moment. While I'm at it I should rant about the really bad stock dialer... no T9 dialing, quick text messaging, etc. seriously?

Really hoping the update fixes some of these things. Makes the phone all but useless for a guy that lives on the phones and in meetings. I hate to sound like an HTC fan boy, the Moto X is awesome for many reasons, but the core reason I have a phone is work and this phone does not work well.

Thoughts, anyone else share my concerns or found ways around this?

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Disappointing Exchange/ActiveSync, Any Help?

I can't even get my exchange email working period when I just had it working on my HTC One X. I hope someone can shed some light on this.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by acles003 View Post
    I can't even get my exchange email working period when I just had it working on my HTC One X. I hope someone can shed some light on this.

Never mind, I'm an *****. Got it working now.

I couldn't get it to work my Companies Lotus Notes Server either. I had to switch back to a iphone. It's sad too, because I loved the features on the Moto. But since I use my phone more for work than anything else. I had to let it go.

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

For EAS try the app Touchdown HD
    Ry likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,191 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lbump View Post
    For EAS try the app Touchdown HD
    I've done this as well. Plus, if my work had to do a wipe, it would only affect Touchdown and not my entire phone.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Global Posts
    1,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

Remember that case Motorola lost against Microsoft. 1 of the things that Motorola wasn't giving it's due share was exchange active sync which is a Microsoft product. Which is why it isn't working.
    3348b76f
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Touchdown just feels clunky coming from the HTC Sense World. So I take it I'm not alone in these issue, not just my phone or Exchange server limiting me here?

Global Posts
    353 Global Posts

I use Touchdown as well.

I use Touchdown on my DROID RAZR MAXX HD, though not out of a lack of functionality in the stock client, just out of wanting to separate work and personal stuff.

The Motorola stock clients on my phone were generally capable of doing most of the things you mentioned, so I'd be surprised if they have gotten significantly worse on the X... Having said that, in my opinion Touchdown is still worth the price and interface to not have to worry about the whole corporate Activesync policies stuff impacting the rest of your phone (e.g. PIN restrictions, whole device encryption, company-initiated wipe, etc.).

Posted via Android Central App
    Ry likes this.

works well on our exchange 2010 server. Take a look at the certs on your server
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

We're also running Exchange 2010 on premise, certificates are up to date and all other remote ActiveSync devices are working as expected. Just the simple ability to invite someone to an event/appointment seems like something that should be standard on an Exchange ActiveSync client.

Valid reasons from a power user like yourself. Weird I can send invites when using my gmail account but not my Exchange. Oh well, I just read and send emails.

I'm looking at the MotoX as my next phone and the lack of ability to invite others to an event/ appointment from my exchange account would be a huge no go.

There are two things to try, first from the play store download the official google calendar and give that a try. For some reason the calendar app on the X is not the latest "pure" android version. Second, If that doesn't work then try digical . Digical fixed an issue on my droid bionic where when an exchange appointment created on my phone would show up as a meeting request on my desktop Outlook. Like I invited only myself to an appointment.
    Thanked by:

The Google Calendar worked. Can now invite when using Exchange.
    Thanked by:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

That did fix some of the calendar concerns... good idea! Also noticed that you can view "flagged emails" by selecting "Starred" from the folders menu.